Merc Actros

I reckon your seat is bust as ive got no complaints about mine

Well I’m giving another of these Mercs a go in the interests of fair play. Mainly because I want a truck that does 56 tonight. So we will see if this is the same as the 64 plate and if I still hate them after tonight. I guess trying a different one in case it was something with that particular truck.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I think your back is screwed from spending too much time shunting in your Terberg! :wink:

Nope this ones a bag of widow twanky too. Rhymes with twanky lol What a horrid driving experience for a driver to drive long distances. Good job I’m on a short run tonight. At Coventry now and my next drop is Daventry a whole 22 miles up the road. Then back to yard just over an hour.

I’m in a 12 plate Actros GigaSpace (though as a 12 plate it might have still been called MegaSpace■■?) on low profile tryes at the moment, so I (literally) feel your pain!

The back and forth over bumps is disconcerting, but I don’t mind the up and down bumping. I really dislike the huge side-to-side rocking it does over the smallest of bumps the most though. I have the seat hug my sides pretty tightly which helps, but only the inflate button works so I have to be careful setting it in the morning as there is no way to reset it until the air leaks out overnight!

The cruise control is ■■■■■■ too, stuck at 23mph so you’ve got to drive it with the accelerator all the time :unamused: No Microlise bonus in my near future then… Oh yeah, and the night heater doesn’t work, and the windscreen wipers get upset if you take them off auto - you’ve got maximum speed or off until they calm down after about 5mins and let you decide how fast you want them to go, and the OK button on the steering wheel to control the computer has been ripped out, so you need to jibble a pen in there to make it come up… which you have to do every time you turn it on because the upper radiator shutters are ■■■■■■ and you have to OK out of the warning message to be able to use the computer, which will only give you your oil reading when it feels like it because having a dipstick you could reach without tilting the cab would be too sensible, and the driver’s door hinge is ■■■■■■ so it’s a lottery as to whether it will hold itself open or slam shut on you as you’re halfway up/down the steps.

On the plus side, the 3 stage exhaust brake is really good and the manual override gear shift is also really responsive.

The bunk is also a ■■■■■■■ state (not the truck’s fault, that one) it looks like someone’s died on it. They might send me out tramping in it soon, and I’m wondering how much fuss to make about it. The top bunk looks mostly okay so maybe I’d sleep up there with a mattress protector (to protect me from it!!!), or do I make a fuss about it…

I feel your pain brother, but it sounds like yours is a lot worse. Thankfully I don’t have to drive them as we have Volvo’s these are spot hire trucks that will be gone in a few weeks once peak is over at Easter.

I’m so glad I’ve got mine new so no monkey has busted the seat etc
Yes I do get back ache as well , but that’s mostly caused by stress and is worse when I drive in to London than driving 200 miles to Madchester