M42 closure

ezydriver:

daftvader:
i might just get a 9 in here.But i will be sleeping if we are here for the duration.

Knowing how it normally goes, you’ll get 8 hours 57 minutes in, and the traffic will suddenly take off, leaving you sat there. Try explaining to the copper “just need another 3 minutes mate”.

Yes officer, I’ll be gone as soon as my air tanks are full. Must’ve sprung a leak earlier in the shift.

For added effect try driving off with the hand brake on. Rev the ■■■■ off it like a Tang at a V8 truck meeting so it bounces all over the place :smiley:

the nodding donkey:

peterm:
I know nothing about these 'ere tacho things, but why would you put it on break because you’re stuck in traffic ? After all, you’re not on a break are you.

Wrong. Not as clever as you thought. It’s a serious question. I’ve had nothing to do with tacho’s. They weren’t around when I was driving over there in the sixties and early seventies and I’ve never needed to learn about them here because of distances travelled from the yard etc. If you don’t believe me, ask carryfast.

As for daftvader, Stuck in traffic, total road closure because of a smash up/jumper, what’s the difference ? If you ain’t going anywhere and there’s hundreds of others sitting around you, are you not stuck in traffic ?

I normally leave it on driving anyway, cos the tacho reverts to rest everytime i stop so wouldnt matter…the problem is…the op was over his hours…and needs to explain what happened should he get stopped…better to explain than cop a fine eh !
Dont you have tachos in Aus…or are you still on logbooks…at least the americans are turning to tachos now, many dont like them as theyre self employed, but for employed drivers, it doesnt allow employers to take the ■■■■ by making them work longer than they should.

truckyboy:
I normally leave it on driving anyway, cos the tacho reverts to rest everytime i stop so wouldnt matter…the problem is…the op was over his hours…and needs to explain what happened should he get stopped…better to explain than cop a fine eh !
Dont you have tachos in Aus…or are you still on logbooks…at least the americans are turning to tachos now, many dont like them as theyre self employed, but for employed drivers, it doesnt allow employers to take the ■■■■ by making them work longer than they should.

Yeah I get that he has to explain why he’s over, but why put it on rest ? As for log books and tacho’s over here, I don’t know what goes on nowadays,I had to take early retirement in '07 after a work accident. Thanks for a sensible reply.