M20 bridge collapse

Simple answer is know your height, set your height indicator correctly, remember your height, plan your route and read the road signs. It’s our job to know that info and not hit bridges.

Sadly this guy has caused a an incident it was lucky no one died in and very likely he will end with jail time. He should also have his HGV licence revoked for good especially because he is really an age of someone who should be experienced and also know better.
I suppose it it is possible it could happen to any of us by genuine mistake but it’s a huge responsibility driving a 44 ton truck.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

raymundo:
The woman who filmed the video clip that’s in the Kent Online report was she a passenger in a left hand drive car or a driver using a mobile phone whilst moving. ■■

i think theres a wee clue at the start of the video where it says…A PASSENGER FILMS… :smiley:

dieseldog999:

raymundo:
The woman who filmed the video clip that’s in the Kent Online report was she a passenger in a left hand drive car or a driver using a mobile phone whilst moving. ■■

i think theres a wee clue at the start of the video where it says…A PASSENGER FILMS… :smiley:

Clue #2 :smiley:

bald bloke:

chester1:

bigdave789:
Looks like they’re gonna hang this guy out to dry, he’ll be dead lucky or have a top brief to avoid spending some time at Her Majesty’s pleasure

Perhaps they should if He didn’t learn from the earlier bridge strike . It was only luck that no one was killed using the bridge . If he had hit the next footbridge just after junction 4 it will have been a different matter that one links two parks

And how lucky was the fridge driver ffs.

Wasn’t taking any thing away from the fridge driver or motorcyclist just pointing out that the next foot bridge has potential for worse consequences as it links two parks, both sides of larkfield and the main walk way to the leisure centre

Obviously hadnt done dcpc training, if he had this would never have happened… :stuck_out_tongue:

Carryfast:
No amount of DCPC training will compensate for no common sense whatsoever. :bulb:

Got to be one of the best statements you’ve ever come out with. :laughing:

bald bloke:
And how lucky was the fridge driver ffs.

He really had somebody looking out for him that day. :open_mouth:
If that bridge had stayed on the truck DVSA would have done him for overloading for sure. :laughing:

muckles:
If that bridge had stayed on the truck DVSA would have done him for overloading for sure. :laughing:

:laughing: post of the week award goes to… :grimacing:

Actrosman:

dieseldog999:

raymundo:

Clue #2 :smiley:

You’re wrong ! That’s a really tall driver sat in the back seat.

Evil8Beezle:
You’d have thought a man of his age would have been an experienced driver, and not prone to errors of judgement like this.
Perhaps we need some sort of competency training within the industry… :wink:

How long has he been driving as we know people are now taking driving as a second career they have spent there younger days doing something else & are now becoming HGV drivers not unusual for a driver to be in his / her 50’s taking the test & becoming new drivers just look in the newbies forum

Not saying this guy is one of them but just because of his age means nothing

Did he really go to court dressed like that??

the nodding donkey:

He is from Darlington so possibly :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

animal:

the nodding donkey:

He is from Darlington so possibly :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And he’s obviously an agency driver.

Oh no not eastern European driver oh dear

animal:

Evil8Beezle:
You’d have thought a man of his age would have been an experienced driver, and not prone to errors of judgement like this.

How long has he been driving as we know people are now taking driving as a second career they have spent there younger days doing something else & are now becoming HGV drivers not unusual for a driver to be in his / her 50’s taking the test & becoming new drivers just look in the newbies forum

I agree, I think you’re missing that I was just poking fun at the whole CPC bollox.

Evil8Beezle:

animal:

Evil8Beezle:

I agree, I think you’re missing that I was just poking fun at the whole CPC bollox.

Yep they brought in the cpc as they though we were to thick to do anything else :laughing: :laughing: so needed training on how to talk :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mattecube:
Oh no not eastern European driver oh dear

:unamused: Where to start?

animal:

the nodding donkey:

He is from Darlington so possibly [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

[emoji50] …cheeky

BeakFreak81:

animal:

the nodding donkey:

[emoji50] …cheeky

Oh course but I do work out of the place & lived there a long time ago :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

animal:

BeakFreak81:

animal:

the nodding donkey:

[emoji50] …cheeky

Oh course but I do work out of the place & lived there a long time ago [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

So you of all people should know what a fashion conscious bunch we are then [emoji2]