Lymm moto truckstop

Was in last night, went for a ■■■■■, there was a ■■■■ having a shave,
not unusual as Tom would say, except this guy was wearing his hi-viz bomber jacket at the time.

isaac hunt:
Was in last night, went for a ■■■■■, there was a [zb] having a shave,
not unusual as Tom would say, except this guy was wearing his hi-viz bomber jacket at the time.

He had done a risk assessment, and couldn’t work out weather the razor was a hazard or the possibility of being over come by the stench.
He was a professional.

Adonis.:
Hardly a truck stop, just like any other Moto hole except with bigger parking which is rammed full every night, or at least it always used to be, I haven’t been there in a while.

The pumps are garbage too, never work right.

A.

Indeed. I stop there for a 45 most nights as it’s halfway and has Keyfuels and I still don’t know a reliable lane to drive down at the forecourt where I can get a diesel pump on either side and Adblue where at least one doesn’t either click constantly or fill up at a snail’s pace.

biggriffin:

isaac hunt:

He had done a risk assessment, and couldn’t work out weather the razor was a hazard or the possibility of being over come by the stench.
He was a professional.

id think the most difficult part of shaving in lymm bogs would be trying to do it and keeping your gas mask on.
on 2nd thought,the most difficult part would be keeping the gas mask on and trying to convince the lurkers that you went there for cottaging or similar…

biggriffin:

isaac hunt:

He was a professional.

Quite possibly, as he did appear to have his toiletries in a Lidl bag.

We’ll am here tonight, about to try the food, £17.00 to park, no food voucher. Will report back.

biggriffin:
We’ll am here tonight, about to try the food, £17.00 to park, no food voucher. Will report back.

make sure you get a hospital bed near the wif hub or you might not be reporting for some time.
just dont be tempted to peek through the waist height hole in the bog wall… :open_mouth:

We’ll I’ve eaten, had steak pie, chips, peas n gravy, tasted like standard type pub food,as supplied by brakes/bid-vest, was hot and did the job,
Won’t be using the cottager shower area, in case i drop the soap, i don’t fancy being rear-ended by a hi-viz, rigger boot wearing noncey. Or Roger from accounts wanting extras,on his way home.

Will have a shower tomorrow, were I’m going, nice and clean.

job done then…kep the bog roll handy in case your steak pie reminds you in the middle of the night just in case.niteynite… :slight_smile:

biggriffin:
We’ll I’ve eaten, had steak pie, chips, peas n gravy, tasted like standard type pub food,as supplied by brakes/bid-vest, was hot and did the job,
Won’t be using the cottager shower area, in case i drop the soap, i don’t fancy being rear-ended by a hi-viz, rigger boot wearing noncey. Or Roger from accounts wanting extras,on his way home.

Will have a shower tomorrow, were I’m going, nice and clean.

Food sounds like the over priced muck then. I would not use the shower i didnt want to use the toilets they stunk.

biggriffin:

£17 to park?? I really have lost touch with some Uk prices. No food voucher either… :frowning:

As said, the food being served is the same as you get in brewers fayre, witherspoons, and all the other large brewery family pubs, the prices are more than witherspoons, but on a par with the Greene king chain of pubs.

biggriffin:
As said, the food being served is the same as you get in brewers fayre, witherspoons, and all the other large brewery family pubs, the prices are more than witherspoons, but on a par with the Greene king chain of pubs.

So how much did your meal cost you then?

My issue was never the food…it was the fact it’s a curtain ■■■■■ hotspot.

robroy:

biggriffin:

My dinner cost £6.99 and £2.99 for my lattee, which is what you will pay each, tonight when you take the other half to the rabbit and dog, for a meal, so not a big deal.

No problems regarding curtains as got a fridge. And yes it did get turned off.

biggriffin:

robroy:

biggriffin:

My dinner cost £6.99 and £2.99 for my lattee, which is what you will pay each, tonight when you take the other half to the rabbit and dog, for a meal, so not a big deal.

No problems regarding curtains as got a fridge. And yes it did get turned off.

So it cost you 27 quid for the pleasure.
If I don’t get some kind of meal voucher or discount when paying to park I just feel cheated, but that’s just me.
A place we a/c park at stopped it, and I sometimes HAVE to park there for nature of load, so I now make a meal in the cab and refuse to eat there anymore…I don’t suppose they give a flying one truth be known, but it makes ME feel better about the crap situation.

The fact that your firm pays your park or even snap is irrelavent, this is what they are banking on, I can just imagine them…’
‘We’re stopping giving incentive meal vouchers’’
‘‘Ok, but if we do that nobody will park’’
‘‘They most likely will, but they are paying by snap so most drivers won’t be bothered, so here’s to more profit on the backs of the drivers’’

Personally I wouldn’t park there on principle, I would have went to one of three spots within half an hour from there, free parking with pub meal close…but I’m a complete arsey ■■■■■ when it comes to rip off sh holes like that. :smiling_imp:

Where is it they park at irlam?
Somebody told me once,but I can’t remember