Louis reece pictures

A couple i put on past & present thread, Buzzer

106740178_593895751542632_1271065573601096772_n.jpg

If anyone needs info or some pics of Louis Reece lorries you can get me here and will try to help

Hi Dodge1412, Thank you for your contact on the Louis Reece thread. I am in contact with the family of
John Freeman who was a HGV driver at Louis Reece, and they and I would appreciate any info & pictures.
During my days driving for Robert Baillie Transport in the early 1970s, I did regular deliveries of Guernsey
Tomatoes to Louis Reece at the Wholesale Fruit & Vegetable Market at Worthington Way, Wigan.

Cheers, Ray Smyth.

Dodge1412:
If anyone needs info or some pics of Louis Reece lorries you can get me here and will try to help

When I worked for Mitchell & Robertson we often found ourselves in Louis Reece’s yard. Would love to see more photos of their fleet and any little anecdotes you have.

Nmp.

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 20.54.20.png

sandway:
Nmp.

Hi Sandway, Thank you for the Louis Reece picture, Hope you can find some more, Cheers, Ray Smyth.

A photo from the Kent Hauliers page on F/B.

sandway:
A photo from the Kent Hauliers page on F/B.

Hi Sandway, Thank you for this picture. Cheers, Ray Smyth.

Louis Reece’s yard to the left of centre.

Please click on photo to enlarge.

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 08.58.43.jpg

Hi Sandway, Thank you once again for this great picture. Cheers, Ray Smyth.

Wasn’t all about forklifts and conveyor belts. Often it was just get on with the job. Checkers fruit being loaded onto Tautliner trailer. Not sure if these are all Louis Reece men. Photo found on the web so don’t know who to ask or thank.

Hi Sandway, Thank you for the picture above. Cheers, Ray Smyth.

Must be drivers amongst the many names recorded here. Anyone recognise them?

sandway:
Wasn’t all about forklifts and conveyor belts. Often it was just get on with the job. Checkers fruit being loaded onto Tautliner trailer. Not sure if these are all Louis Reece men. Photo found on the web so don’t know who to ask or thank.

Looks like something went horrible wrong in this picture!

sandway:
Must be drivers amongst the many names recorded here. Anyone recognise them?

Thank you Mr Sandway for this interesting picture. The big chap in the centre is Brian Mills,
known as PEDLAR, and the chap third from right is Frank Isaacs, information from John Freeman.
Johns Dad is named on the Big Apple, the only other name that I know is Raz Owen, he was part
of the Owen Owen family of fruit & vegetable wholesalers that Louis Reece acquired in the 1960s.
For many years, Owen Owen were the largest fruit & vegetable wholesaler in the Wigan area.
Wigan fruit & vegetable market which opened sometime in the 1960s was just 400 yards from the
sliproad entrance and exit of Junction 25 of the M6 motorway.

Cheers, Ray Smyth.

Photos of the Checkers packing shed. These photos are from the Kent Transport F/B page. Jaja Turnball had asked for Louis Reece photos and these were posted at his request. I don’t know who originally posted them but thank him for doing so. I assume Mr Turnball senior worked there hence Jaja’s interest. Does anyone recognise the name ‘Turnball’.

Nmp.

A few more Louis Reece photos from the web.

Was this photo taken after Louis Reece closed their doors in Horsmonden for the last time? The photos I have posted recently were given to Jaja Turnbull who grew up in Horsmonden at the time Louis Reece was operating there. I have been in touch with him recently but unfortunately he has no other photos.

Recent pictures of what was formerly the fruit and veg building and big fridge of the Wigan
branch of Louis Reece from the late 1960s. The building to the left of the first picture was
the Council owned home of the Wholesale Fruit & Veg Market caretaker, the remaining buildings
were all Louis Reece, which included an upstairs bedroom for the company drivers from
Horsemonden in Kent.

Ray Smyth.

Photo0393.jpg

Photo0395.jpg