LOST IN FRANCE

I can gloat now :slight_smile: It’s the weekend :smiley: :smiley: Well, for me anyway.

It must have pi55ed down all night, got to my clay pit this morning, what a mess after two trips the loading area was sinking, just about getting to the point of touching the axles, the 4X4 and cross locks have been having a workout today!!

So it was remake the road time, I’m not very good at it really, I have no problem digging holes, not so good at making things flat and level! (I can do it, but it takes me ages,) my opo seems to be able to do it in 10 minutes.

I must have made a reasonable job of it though as it was still pretty good on my last trip.

Think I will have 40 winks on the sofa, no doubt the dog will join me!

Zzzzz! T

daidog:
Craig, you seem to be quite in the know with these strange machines; whilst it worked perfectly until I bought it, it seems to be resenting the change of management. The backhoe has decided that it doesn’t want to go very far to the left, it starts on its travel with all the enthusiasm of a Manchester United fan then stops after traveling a yard, or so! A bit like the Welsh rugby team! Is there a simple solution, or is there a large cheque destined for JCB local distributors? All other functions work perfectly, for now :slight_smile: It’s got be worth a pint or two for some help!

Are you talking about the slew or the sideshift Dave? LMK and I’ll ask my ol’ man as he’s a font of knowledge where diggers are concerned. I know that if the sideshift is sticking you normally just need to grease the slider on the frame but a lack of enthusiasm in the slew could be a result of several factors.

Tim85:
I can gloat now :slight_smile: It’s the weekend :smiley: :smiley: Well, for me anyway.

Zzzzz! T

Slacker! You’ve become well indoctrinated in the local practises Tim. Vivement l’apéro!

Craig 111:

daidog:
Craig, you seem to be quite in the know with these strange machines; whilst it worked perfectly until I bought it, it seems to be resenting the change of management. The backhoe has decided that it doesn’t want to go very far to the left, it starts on its travel with all the enthusiasm of a Manchester United fan then stops after traveling a yard, or so! A bit like the Welsh rugby team! Is there a simple solution, or is there a large cheque destined for JCB local distributors? All other functions work perfectly, for now :slight_smile: It’s got be worth a pint or two for some help!

Are you talking about the slew or the sideshift Dave? LMK and I’ll ask my ol’ man as he’s a font of knowledge where diggers are concerned. I know that if the sideshift is sticking you normally just need to grease the slider on the frame but a lack of enthusiasm in the slew could be a result of several factors.

I think it must be the slew as the sideshift is manual, I have to push it with the bucket on the floor, in fact it is since I did that, that the problem has started (this could a coincidence).

Tim85:

It must have pi55ed down all night, got to my clay pit this morning, what a mess after two trips the loading area was sinking, just about getting to the point of touching the axles, the 4X4 and cross locks have been having a workout today!!

So it was remake the road time, I’m not very good at it really, I have no problem digging holes, not so good at making things flat and level! (I can do it, but it takes me ages,) my opo seems to be able to do it in 10 minutes.

I must have made a reasonable job of it though as it was still pretty good on my last trip.

Zzzzz! T

Having just woke up I found your message, stop complaining! It’s not such a bad life is it? The only problem is that you have more time to spend less money :laughing: I bet you made a better job of the road than I could :blush:

Craig 111:

Tim85:

Zzzzz! T

Slacker! You’ve become well indoctrinated in the local practises Tim. Vivement l’apéro!

One has to involve oneself in the local culture mate. :wink: might have tried the local culture a bit too much ce soir :wink: :slight_smile:

Tim85:

Craig 111:

Tim85:

Zzzzz! T

One has to involve oneself in the local culture mate. :wink: might have tried the local culture a bit too much ce soir :wink: :slight_smile:

Be careful of culture, one can easily become a cult figure and even make a right cult of yourself after drinking in too much of it.

Reading some of the other threads on TRUCKNET I see that the Renault Premium is referred to as a “Trabant”, I wonder why? I once saw a photo of a “Trabbie” in a skip in East Germany, after the fall of the wall. Seems a good place to park the Premiums :smiley:
Thanks for your help Craig, but I have to get hold of the workshop manual as the slew is not powered by rams, but by a form of hydraulic engine. I am still looking for a mechanic!

Tim85:

Craig 111:

Tim85:

Zzzzz! T

Not so smug now am I :smiley: 3.15 get up in the morning :frowning: hope it is dry forecast looks okish for the week

Tim85:
Not so smug now am I :smiley: 3.15 get up in the morning :frowning: hope it is dry forecast looks okish for the week

03h15 Tim, now that’s changed your tone . . . I should just about be finishing work at that time tommorow morning if all goes to plan (gotta go swap a trailer on Monsieur Héraultais’ doorstep, Lezignan Corbieres).

Forecast looking pretty good down in this part of l’hexagone, in fact 'tis a tad too warm today at 29degC. Mustn’t grumble though, or I’ll end up like the locals!

Bonne route et bonne semaine les gars :sunglasses:

You guys should be much more up on this than me,

Can you take a reduced break when your vehicle is at the base?
my colleague finished last night at 10pm, he wanted to take 9 off to start earlier so he could go to his mates funeral, boss man said no he must take a 11 hr break as if he were to have an accident and he had only had 9 hrs off then the company and he would be in trouble.

Did this at lunchtime before I went to work and forgot to post it, I had a little conversation with another colleague when I went to work (well no, not an argument exactly, but told him he was talking out of his ‘cue’ ! ) I will elaborate depending on your opinions :slight_smile:

What difference does it make where you take your break? You can take it swinging upside down ■■■■ from the underside of the Eiffel tower, should you wish :slight_smile: The same logic applies, to rest periods, at the base or away! When I worked for Antoine in Cholet, they didn’t want to pay the nights out at base, they arranged delivery to base during the night for this reason. I would drop the trailer and drive up to “La Bergerie” 2 kms up the road and get paid. They found dozens of ways of cheating drivers out of their money! I did my 3 months and left! With the magic card no-one can tell where you are taking your time off. This is only my opinion - there may be some obscure text somewhere, maybe in the “convention collective”, but your company could have just said “Get off 2 hours early”.
Be careful, I could be wrong :blush:
Someone will know for sure. :slight_smile:

9 hours is fine by me.Home or away.

daidog:
What difference does it make where you take your break?

This used to rumble round the yard when I worked in general haulage in the uk, but I have never found anywhere written down you have to take a full 11 hours if back at base

but your company could have just said “Get off 2 hours early”. This is the company that put us onto a 4 day week but increased the working day by one hour! Week after next because Nov 11 is a jour férié we have to work the following Friday and a 2 day formation in December is to be done on 2 consecutive Fridays

Be careful, I could be wrong :blush: anyway, best leave him thinking that or he will start to think that he can use this as and when he needs! I only ever used a reduced break when it was to my benefit or an absolute emergency
:slight_smile:

Basically, our manager knows jack sh it about driver regulations

Back in the 80s when the driving hours had a big revamp you were indeed only allowed to take a nine away from home. Somewhere in between that regulation was changed and now you can have nine hours off at home. We do it all the time 
 Not so bad if you live next door to work, but a nuisance if you’ve got to drive half an hour or more to home.

I was nearly a proper trucker today :slight_smile: We have to take 3 loads of tile clay to one of our newly acquired factories near Vihiers 49 Got to work and it had been cancelled as my truck is off the road, and the reserve truck the Turbo blew up last night. I was looking forward to a little jolly :frowning: I’m programmed to go again in 15 days.

With my truck off the road I am having to use one with a tacho disc. I seem to remember that you now need to carry discs for 28 days, is that 28 calender days or 28 driving days? I think it is the former.

Cheers Tiom

Thats 28 calender days, rest days included to keep the gendarmes happy

Thanks Steve, I thought it was 28 calender days. My colleague who was doing one trip this morning (in the remaining one working lorry we have :slight_smile: ) it was 28 days, not that he will bother to take them with him! he thinks regulations don’t apply to him :unamused: (he eats too much raw meat :smiley: )

SteveWalsh:
Thats 28 calender days, rest days included to keep the gendarmes happy

And don’t forget the ‘attestation’ for the days you’re not driving, just in case of a ‘controle’ :unamused:

Here’s one for you

Do you have to hand in your attestation as a disk?

Some companies I have worked for say Yes and others No :confused:
Still, better to have it just in case.
Let me be the first to wish everyone a Merry Christmas