Lorry watch schemes

robroy:
On me second pint of John Smiths which is washing down my sirloin steak and chips. :sunglasses:

You found Dozys home address then?

This one on A20

truckerjimbo:

Rickers:
Has anyone had any run in’s with any of these so called “Lorry watch” enforcers?

I was delivering to a farm outside Maidstone that was in a 7.5t limit,this Ford Kuga overtakes me and stops in front of me. I’d just assumed something was wrong at the back so I got out and asked if everything was ok. This posh couple get out and tell me I’ve illegally entered a 7.5t zone. I explained I was delivering to a farm in the zone and they actually had the cheek to ask to see my paperwork! I politely told them to ring the company and then they told me they were reporting me to “trading standards” hah! I told them they’d probably be better of reporting me to DVSA.

Why do these bloody councils humour people like this. It’s not like we want to take our trucks down narrow roads! It’s not the first time - I constantly have people flag me down or wave at me when I’m delivering within a 7.5t.

Anyone else had any run ins with these clowns and what exactly happens when they report you to the council? Is it down to me to keep a copy of the manifest until it comes back or is it down to the company.

Please tell me it was in Leeds, Kent. Maybe B2163■■ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yep spot on - B2163!

cav551:
I expect this was the B2163 through Leeds village ( just of J8 M20). I can’t swear to it because there are other smaller farms along the road, but many of the lorries which still use the road are going to J Chambers and son, Oakdene Farm, Plough Wents rd Langley. This is 100 yards from The A274 at the Langley end of the road, but drivers don’t feel like driving through Maidstone to get to it so approach from Leeds Castle end. The reason for this Lorry Watch Scheme at this location is the numbers of cretins who manage to meet another artic on the hill at a blind bend with a very solid wall on one side and trees tight to the other side. The result is the two lorries get wedged together and it requires recovery to pull them apart.

Personally I love the idea that it costs the companies about £400 to get their lorry free and then a bit more to repair all the damage.

Lorrys delivering to J Chambers and son CAN use the B2163 through Leed Village. Simple. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ive done it and PROUD. THANKS :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Rickers:

truckerjimbo:

Rickers:
Has anyone had any run in’s with any of these so called “Lorry watch” enforcers?

I was delivering to a farm outside Maidstone that was in a 7.5t limit,this Ford Kuga overtakes me and stops in front of me. I’d just assumed something was wrong at the back so I got out and asked if everything was ok. This posh couple get out and tell me I’ve illegally entered a 7.5t zone. I explained I was delivering to a farm in the zone and they actually had the cheek to ask to see my paperwork! I politely told them to ring the company and then they told me they were reporting me to “trading standards” hah! I told them they’d probably be better of reporting me to DVSA.

Why do these bloody councils humour people like this. It’s not like we want to take our trucks down narrow roads! It’s not the first time - I constantly have people flag me down or wave at me when I’m delivering within a 7.5t.

Anyone else had any run ins with these clowns and what exactly happens when they report you to the council? Is it down to me to keep a copy of the manifest until it comes back or is it down to the company.

Please tell me it was in Leeds, Kent. Maybe B2163■■ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yep spot on - B2163!

Nothings changed then,

I was stopped by an off duty DCI in a BMW. He flashed is badge and said “you cant come down here”

I flashed my paperwork and said “YES I CAN”.

He ■■■ off. Plus a homeowner took a pic of me!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It was a few years ago and a didnt have a dashcam such a SHAME !!!

muckles:
There were 2 streets which lead back to the main road, both were the same width, both had cars parked on them, one went past the council houses, one went past the nice big town houses, which road do you think the official diversion was on? :wink:

Which group of residents do you think paid for both streets and paid for the other group’s houses and then some more?

ETS:

muckles:
There were 2 streets which lead back to the main road, both were the same width, both had cars parked on them, one went past the council houses, one went past the nice big town houses, which road do you think the official diversion was on? :wink:

Which group of residents do you think paid for both streets and paid for the other group’s houses and then some more?

Don’t you think people in council houses work and pay taxes?

Ring boss: Hello, I’ve just been overtaken by a car that stopped in front of me and now it’s under the front of my lorry.

When I worked for Palletforce I used to do deliveries around the Coleshill area East of Birmingham. We often got household deliveries in the 7½ tonne limit and I was used to being glared at in my 18 tonner. One sunny afternoon, after a delivery, I was making my way by the shortest route towards the main road when a guy came out of his garden and held his hand up to stop me.

I stopped, expecting an argument, but all he wanted was to warn me about the roadworks up ahead and suggest a better route.

muckles:

ETS:

muckles:

Yep, beleve it or not :unamused: …Not all council house tenants are druggy scrounging scum, there are still many hard working honest families still there, for one reason or another.

muckles:

No. Don’t you have to be poor/broke to get a free/discounted house?

ETS:

muckles:

You obviously come from the know nothing else other than ‘‘Must have a mortgage’’ generation then eh?
Here’s a bit of social history for you…You can either believe my 8nterpretation of it, or not, I aint fussed.

I was brought up in a council house myself, and I’m not ashamed to disclose (rather than admit) that.
When I was a kid the majority of council house tenants were honest working families paying their rent…then Thatcher came along, pretended to do the working class a favour by selling them their homes, (and tbf it did do a lot of people a favour, my parents included) but the true agenda was to eradicate strikes, and curb the Trade Unions…which it did, because then workers had to take any old ■■■■ or eradication of worker’s rights because they had to pay their mortgages…A brilliant strategy :sunglasses: , followed by an anti union agenda, in the education system.

That, along with the underclassses taking over many of the council houses that no body wanted, and the ones re.possessed by those who could not afford them, influenced opinions like the one you just stated. :bulb:

As I said, there are still many decent working families in them.

I myself had to private rent when I went bust, faced with a family to house, after living in and losing my own modern house in a very select area.
I was then severely ripped off in 3 different properties of private renting, so was offered a council property…not a ■■■■ hole in the middle of an estate with knackered Sierra cars and fridges in the front garden,… but an end house on a nice terrace mixed with private houses, in the picturesque countryside surrounded by fields.

I pay a substantial amount of rent, comparable with private rent prices, and I am settled, as well as being too bloody old to get a 25/30 yr mortgage, so maybe even I’m (pleasantly) trapped…but I’m the furthest from being ashamed or embarrased about it as you can think, so make of that what you will.

As I once said to our mate Carryfast, who tried to give me life advice on here on providing for a family (while still living with his parents :unamused: ) …If you want me to vacate, and hand my home to a family like The Gallaghers off ‘‘Shameless’’ or a family of Somalians…just let me know.
So fyi I’m neither broke nor poor, but still live in a Council property.

Sorry to go completely off topic, but I needed to address your pov.

ETS:

muckles:

what a ignorant ■■■■ you are. :unamused:

m.a.n rules:

ETS:

muckles:

what a ignorant ■■■■ you are. :unamused:

Agree.

I drive trains and live in a Council House :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I drive lorries & live in a council house

Ah well !" :sunglasses:
It looks like I aint the only lowlife ‘‘poor and broke’’ council house scum on here after all then. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

I don’t know if there is some official ‘‘Wannabe police crew’’ in Bruton, but they hate trucks there, you get little old ladies shaking their umberellas at you and everybody else snarling at you, it’s like Royston Vasey …‘‘A local town for local people’’ :smiley:
Just tipped there today in fact.
Ok there is a weight limit except for access, but it is the only way I can get to my drop in Wanstrow, literally just under the low bridge off the main road.
So I need to go there AND back the same way, it’s like ruuning the ■■■■ gauntlet :unamused: . :smiley:

As a side note I once saw Chris Waddle walking there one day, he was the only friendly face in town :smiley: , he waved and smiled when he saw my Newcastle shirt on passenger seat. :sunglasses:
Made my day it did (easily pleased :laughing: )

The Bruton anti lorry mafia , lock your doors , radio on loud and craic on ignoring their imbecilic tactics .
What are they going to do , lay on the road to block you , like Extinct Rebellion or XR yogurt making, woolly jumper wearing lentil eating scum who camp out in trees to stop a new bus route or bypass , that the idiotic ban airport expansion vegans use anyway . Hypocrites .

toby1234abc:
The Bruton anti lorry mafia , lock your doors , radio on loud and craic on ignoring their imbecilic tactics .
What are they going to do , lay on the road to block you , like Extinct Rebellion or XR yogurt making, woolly jumper wearing lentil eating scum who camp out in trees to stop a new bus route or bypass , that the idiotic ban airport expansion vegans use anyway . Hypocrites .

I had one in Bruton coming towards me one day who actually stopped in middle of road to get out to say ‘‘I suppose your sat nav sent you down here eh?’’
Told him to get back in his car, mind his own business and go and ■■■■ himself.
I’m sure half of these ■■■■ s think you’re on a sightseeing holiday or something. :unamused:

robroy:
Ah well !" :sunglasses:
It looks like I aint the only lowlife ‘‘poor and broke’’ council house scum on here after all then. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

People will take free money when offered even if it came from their neighbor’s paycheck :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe that’s one of the reasons why you can afford to work 40 hours per week where other can’t :bulb:

There was a guy above claiming to be a train driver and living in a council house. Well buddy, news flash - your union boss lives in one as well and he makes 6 figures. Oh look, rich people are stealing taxes, we should, too!

And don’t give me that ■■■■■■■■ about councils renting at market prices - they’re NOT, else there wouldn’t be a hundred plus people lining up so snap a piece. As a single person with income (from a job) and some savings I have 0 chance (or desire, for that matter) to get into one of those if for no other reason than half of my neighbors will be freeloaders who think they’re smug and the other half will be knocking on my door 15 times a day asking for change/■■■■.