Left-Hand Drive B-series ERFs

The year of Amsterdam R.A.I. is 1978 and ‘’ standard’’ for a 6x4 sleeper (at Best Truck) was the NTCE290.

Perhaps I find the specs and will make a scan.

The cab-painting was adapted from the White-range trucks second half of the seventies.

The Commercial Motor report for that show says this:

“…ERF vehicles are sold in Holland by a distributor with the splendid company title of BestTruck which has three Sandbach built machines on the stand including a sleeper cab three-axle tractive unit which is fitted with the new ERF nonreactive rear suspension system — seen here for the first time outside the UK…”

No mention of the engine, or photographs of the impressive stand.

ERF-Continental:
Good harvest!

Attached picture is from Amsterdam-Show as per stand Best Truck.

The left 6x4 with sleeper possibly went to Gruwez but I am still
awaitening some confirmation from both Rik Gruwez and Mario Maes

On the wall (under BestTruck) a part of the ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ as logo can be seen

The middle truck was the Jennings-cabbed tractor which was sold in the same painting
and of which earlier (somewhere in Germany near a Ford-garage) a picture was here.

This picture in the same exhibition-livery and note another ERF at the end

ERF-B-Jennings-Germany.jpg

ERF-Continental:
The year of Amsterdam R.A.I. is 1978 and ‘’ standard’’ for a 6x4 sleeper (at Best Truck) was the NTCE290.

Perhaps I find the specs and will make a scan.

The cab-painting was adapted from the White-range trucks second half of the seventies.

Yes, that would be right. I was thinking of the standard Middle-East export version. Your info is borne out by Best’s own spec sheet attached!

ERF-Continental:

ERF-Continental:
Good harvest!

Attached picture is from Amsterdam-Show as per stand Best Truck.

The left 6x4 with sleeper possibly went to Gruwez but I am still
awaitening some confirmation from both Rik Gruwez and Mario Maes

On the wall (under BestTruck) a part of the ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ as logo can be seen

The middle truck was the Jennings-cabbed tractor which was sold in the same painting
and of which earlier (somewhere in Germany near a Ford-garage) a picture was here.

Perhaps this will help! R

newerf748.PNG

Thx! By the length/position of the far right chassis it could have been a rigid…but I don’t recall
any of them in the Benelux.

I will input some 1979 (Continental) specs on the 6x4 soon! I just found them actually

On the left chassis (on the B&W-picture)…it’s a day-cabbed…not sure (age) if that’s the chassis that
went to Belgium (Vanhuyse-Roeselare)…probably not I remember.

Well, here we go on 4 specs on the 6x4 for the continent:

• two 6x4 (day- and night-cabbed) from 1977-1978 (with/without ERF-suspension)
  • two 6x4 (night-cabbed) from 1979 (with/without ERF-suspension)

To be clear: all specs applicable for continental markets, hence LHD

In the after-burner a non-dated spec…probably 1978-1979 as well, Continental I call them

There is (always) more however where…sic

On page 1 of this thread the attached picture was presented.

On the front of the building it says “H. Guliker ei” and after
some research it concerned “H. Guliker eieren” in Nijkerk,
a wellknown (and long established) trader and exporter of
consumption-eggs (not for breading) towards the M-E. Mind
the headlights…so probably later than 1978, I assume…

ERF-Continental:
On page 1 of this thread the attached picture was presented.

On the front of the building it says “H. Guliker ei” and after
some research it concerned “H. Guliker eieren” in Nijkerk,
a wellknown (and long established) trader and exporter of
consumption-eggs (not for breading) towards the M-E. Mind
the headlights…so probably later than 1978, I assume…

‘V’ plate, so 1979/80.

Adverts etc.

newerf751a.PNG

newerf751c.PNG

newerf750.PNG

newerf749.PNG

newerf748.PNG

newerf747.PNG

I was sent these two this morning! They all seem to be coming out of the woodwork for Christmas! Robert

Screenshot_20191219-192728-1.png
Screenshot_20191219-194756-1.png

Now you can all enjoy these properly :sunglasses: ! R

@Robert…spoke to Mario Maes and on the Gruwez ERF LHD 3-axle tractor…he has the picture
not available now but he stated it is published in his book “Vintage Transport from Belgium”. Un-
fortunately I don’t have that book anymore. Well, I am confident that Mario will input this picture
one day, but when you are getting nervous, you now know where to find.

A-J

ERF-Continental:
@Robert…spoke to Mario Maes and on the Gruwez ERF LHD 3-axle tractor…he has the picture
not available now but he stated it is published in his book “Vintage Transport from Belgium”. Un-
fortunately I don’t have that book anymore. Well, I am confident that Mario will input this picture
one day, but when you are getting nervous, you now know where to find.

A-J

I never get nervous :wink: ; but thanks for your contribution. I’ll watch out for the pics. Ro

Posted by Kenb on another thread. Ro

From Truck jan 79 i’ll take the bottom one Robert ,cheers Dan :smiley:

Thank you Dan and (for Robert) this was the advertisement John (Saviem) told us about.

Punchy Dan:

From Truck jan 79 i’ll take the bottom one Robert ,cheers Dan :smiley:

:sunglasses: Good find Dan! I’ll pop it on the ERF 1975 thread :wink: We do know about this advert though we’ve not actually seen it before. We’d like to know about the truck too but that’s another story! Ro