Landing a plane

hazbazz:
Apparently it’s insanely difficult for a civilian to land a plane, even with ground crew helping them out on the radio. They put people in simulators and 90% or so crash. Also, the whole “the pilots have feinted, can anyone here fly a plane?” scenario have NEVER happened in aviation history

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

It’s has actually… not on a big jumbo maybe but smaller private aircraft.
Look up real life atc communications on YouTube. Numerous examples on there of pilots on the ground talking civilians down.

I’ve flown with easyJet and apparently landing is so easy their pilots do it drunk and blindfold - at least that’s how it feels most of the time :smiley:

Kamikazes actually didn’t intend to crash a perfectly good aeroplane and commit suicide.They just all had very poor eyesight which was classed as normal by Jap standards during their medicals.

This was actually a serious navigation error by the pilot apparently under the influence of acohol made to look good in the news. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=ar-poc38C84

Carryfast:
Kamikazes actually didn’t intend to crash a perfectly good aeroplane and commit suicide.They just all had very poor eyesight which was classed as normal by Jap standards during their medicals.

This was actually a serious navigation error by the pilot apparently under the influence of acohol made to look good in the news. :smiling_imp: [emoji38]

youtube.com/watch?v=ar-poc38C84

Maybe he had sobered up after doing 29 touch’n’go? Sober enough to achieve the 21 full stops, and take offs.

Beau Nydel:
I’ve flown with easyJet and apparently landing is so easy their pilots do it drunk and blindfold - at least that’s how it feels most of the time :smiley:

Someone was dumb enough to try it lol Aeroflot Flight 6502 - Wikipedia

SaintAndy:

Beau Nydel:

Kliuyev left prison and retrained as an operative in a high tech environment. He successfully applied for a job in the ops room at Chernobyl…

I should imagine anyone who plays flight simulator gaming could do it, the 4K graphics & powered by satellite data and Azura A.I. are incredibly realistic and true to the actual aeroplane.
The controls act in the exact same way as a real flight Sim. :astonished:

Take a look at Microsofts new flight simulator, you’d be hard pushed to tell it was a computer game.

Now me being a British railways train nerd with years of train simulator gaming from the early class 101 MDU’s to the new Hitachi class 800’s and everything in between including the Deutsche Bahn German class locomotives, I think I would be able to drive the real thing if push came to shove.

store.steampowered.com/app/5300 … Sim_World/

Franglais:

SaintAndy:

Beau Nydel:

Kliuyev left prison and retrained as an operative in a high tech environment. He successfully applied for a job in the ops room at Chernobyl…

In addition to always claiming that he’d actually won the bet on the basis that he didn’t say anything about landing it right side up and absolutely categorically denied any suggestions that alcohol was in any way involved in the unforeseen events leading up to the accident.While the authorities accepted both statements.Especially in view of normally accepted alcohol consumption levels among the population as a whole and no reason to view pilots ( or nuclear power station control staff ) any differently in that regard.

If you’re looking for a pilot try to find one with a record of the same number of take-offs as landings. For more on the subject look up David Gunson - he’s on Spotify and probably i-tunes. Hilarious!!!

I could probably get it from the air to the fround, given enough time, (to run out of fuel).

Now if you want to be fussy and want it ‘right way up’, ‘in one piece’, or even ‘on a runway’ then you’re going to need a professional.

I could probably reverse one, if you like.

Is this a theoretical question or is this something to do with the upcoming British Airways pilots’ strike?