Jaques

To all of you who knew John. LeTissier.

Sorry to tell you but he passed away a few weeks ago from complications following surgery.

He was a good guy.

Hi just joined this after chatting with my brother. Our dad worked for Jacques transport when they were in acton he use to drive LLC 130D his name was Don de Castillo. Anyone remember him?

Hi
I worked for Jacques from 1965 - 1967, sorry but i do not remember your dad. I worked at Wales Farm Road, Acton and the manager at this time was Mr Bedwell. I had the truck LLC 130D from brand new. I am 71 now and have just retired from driving trucks.

Ocean Clipper:

Several here:

flickr.com/photos/58394738@N05/8166766496/

Ocean Clipper:
0Hi
I worked for Jacques from 1965 - 1967, sorry but i do not remember your dad. I worked at Wales Farm Road, Acton and the manager at this time was Mr Bedwell. I had the truck LLC 130D from brand new. I am 71 now and have just retired from driving trucks.

Did that Highwayman have a ■■■■■■■ engine under the bonnet ? Cheers Bewick.

Hi , The Scamell in the picture had a 690 Leyland engine and the driver was Frankie Stalam.

Ocean Clipper:
Hi , The Scamell in the picture had a 690 Leyland engine and the driver was Frankie Stalam.

Thanks for that “OC”,as I’m not very well versed on Scammells I did think however that the Highwayman only used the Meadows,Gardner and Leyland 680 engines but as Jaques had a depot in Watford I thought maybe that Scammell had fitted a ■■■■■■■ engine for test purposes maybe !! But it was just “badge engineering” by the driver !! Cheers Bewick.

hi ocean clipper here. atkinson guardsman i drove it once it had a v8 marine engine had roadrunner on frunt pannel
it once belonged to woodcocks of rotherham. it was one tow ever built.

Ocean Clipper:
0Hi

I can’t remember the dates he worked there and he passed away a few years ago. Great pictures brought back memories from my child hood

Axel
Hi mate welcome
when you get bored ill find you a lorry to polish
Cheers Rich

hi.tribsa whow are you ?

Hi John
Great Thanks mate I will stop looking for you on the road now.
But hope we meet at a reunion some where.
Is Steve from Midhurst on here anywhere
Cheers Rich

Sorry Rich, last message should have read . Who are you?