Jailed for hate speech or dangerous precedent?

robroy:
Imo that guy is just a complete dumbass [zb] whit.
Ok the dog doing the ■■■■ salute after a Sieg Heil command is bloody funny. :laughing:
Using ''Gas the Jews as a prompter? Hmmm .Not so sure.
However whether he should be prosecuted for it, I’m not sure either, but tbh I would have thought his evident level of intelligence should disqualify him from it. :bulb:

I like a joke as much as anybody, but I’ve visited Auschwitz, and the stories of women and kids being gassed, babies chucked in on the people’s heads as the chambers were full, kids still alive chucked in the furnace, subject for a joke? …this guy is a total prick but with an amusing dog. :smiley:

Pretty much agree with you there. It was stupid and thoughtless, but doesn’t warrant going to court over.

I had to google sjw…here’s some more!

youtube.com/watch?v=p8M2tg2RkIQ

The trigger line is in bad taste. Very.
But the idea of a salute bit is quite funny.
Ive told bad taste jokes before. I expect I will again. And most wont be remotely funny.
But, I dont post them on Youtube. Is that the problem here? What I say to my mates in a pub isnt the same as putting summat up for display is it? Sure, when Ive had a half of shandy, I get gobby, and can be overheard, but isnt Youtube wider than that?
Free speech doesnt run to shouting "FIRE" in a crowded theatre. Hate speech?? I really dont know.

For what it`s worth making the salute, and even saying nowt is a criminal offence in some countries.

muckles:

robroy:

Pretty much agree with you there. It was stupid and thoughtless, but doesn’t warrant going to court over.

I think I’d say it does warrant going to court over given the attention the video itself garnered, but if it was intended purely in bad taste then a judicial reprimand and a discharge would do.

It was the repetition of “gas the Jews” that really overdid the joke, didn’t it? He could have stopped at “seig heil”. :laughing: