Is there a driver shortage and will it put up wages

I work for RASE and they took me on with little experience. The pays not the best but it’s on par with most firms around here. The trucks are immaculate and well serviced and don’t want for anything. The office is well staffed and the work is varied. We run Palletways aswell as general and lots of ADR work. I’d say they are the best in this area.

Chilly77:
Oops… Only saw these posts after dropping off a CV at Taylors this morning… Their trucks look like they’re screaming out for a hose pipe and a polish but obviously I couldn’t see more than that, so thanks for the heads up everyone.

Radar… Where are those two companies based? Id much rather pop my head in than email a CV, gives a better impression I think. Also tried to get into Eurocell but it would’ve been easier to break into Alcatraz so gave up in the end :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure where Rase is but Cartwrights are down Station Road here in Lincoln.

htmldude:

3stepsaheaduk:
In the west midlands theres defo a shortage im a fairly new pass class 2 and im on 14 ph class 2 cmas rate though normally 9.50 is average around here

Where about in the Midlands? I’m living in Wolverhampton and wondering where the work is.

Coventry where im working at the minute they have had drivers coming from as far as telford and luton

Rase are just outside Lincoln. Postcode LN3 5AX little place called Wickenby. It’s only 15-20 mins outta Lincoln.

Im 30 and my licence for 6 years plus now idont think there is a shortage but to look at the adverts where I live there are loads…

3stepsaheaduk:
In the west midlands theres defo a shortage im a fairly new pass class 2 and im on 14 ph class 2 cmas rate though normally 9.50 is average around here

Where u gettin that money mate I live in the midlands also?