Is leasing a realistic option?

Tramper:
not exactly, but whilst your tipping your not burning fuel, causing wear and tear, or rackin up the miles, so at the end of the week you’ve done lets say 1000 miles and been paid for 1500, making the rate some what better ( mileage figures given only as an example)

The only trouble with this theory is H/D are expert at making sure you get up to the 1500 mile guarantee

So you have spent 3 hours at each tip (no demurrage then) 1 tip per day 5 days = 15 hours sat around earning £0 which could have been another job or 2.

Like Manwell I am on the CP contract now but only because I told them I was leaving I dont think you can go straight onto this work from day 1 usually you will be put on either the Felixstowe or Southampton desks depending on where you want to run from.

Always work your costings ion a minimum week every week then anything more can be treated as a bonus not regular income./

The reason I’m buying a new motor is I’ve sat down and worked it out that it is actually cheaper (b4 the bling) monthly than what I’m paying at the moment for finance on '99 fh + pmi contract + repairs If I buy over 3 years.

With the bling and the (very) good trade in price I’ve been given then it is roughly the same over 4 years & a bit less over 5

Wheel Nut:

north surrey haulage:

paul b:

havn’t logged on 'coz I wanted too have a week off without thinking about trucks :laughing:

How do you do that? I get withdrawal symptoms :stuck_out_tongue:

It was easy I’ve spent the last week asleep catching up on all the sleep I’ve lost during the year :laughing: :laughing:

north surrey haulage:

Tramper:
not exactly, but whilst your tipping your not burning fuel, causing wear and tear, or rackin up the miles, so at the end of the week you’ve done lets say 1000 miles and been paid for 1500, making the rate some what better ( mileage figures given only as an example)

The only trouble with this theory is H/D are expert at making sure you get up to the 1500 mile guarantee

So you have spent 3 hours at each tip (no demurrage then) 1 tip per day 5 days = 15 hours sat around earning £0 which could have been another job or 2.

Like Manwell I am on the CP contract now but only because I told them I was leaving I dont think you can go straight onto this work from day 1 usually you will be put on either the Felixstowe or Southampton desks depending on where you want to run from.

Always work your costings ion a minimum week every week then anything more can be treated as a bonus not regular income./ (quote)

i’ve looked at it all ways,true you earn a reasonable amount doing 1200 miles and getting paid for 1500 but not as much as you do for 1800m and nowhere near what you’d earn for 2000m but as has been said at 1200 you are saving on ware and tare,tyres etc
the truth is that 1500 miles dead isn’t worth a carrot as your clearing less than a basic wage out of it, although an average of 1500miles aint bad :confused:
try explaining that to your misus! :open_mouth: