Is anyone a fan of Jeremy Vine? (Poll)

It all depends if i am intrested in the topic he is talking about.

He’s a bell end. Only time he was good was when he interviewed the man from Denby transport. The man’s very un PC comment made jezza splutter.

I tried to listen to the radio 2 playlists the other morning. That won’t happen very often. Who the ■■■■ is OJ Borg? And why do they need to tell us we are listening to OJ Borg in between every bland love ballad that was played. I really hate those places where I can’t get 6 music.

gray_nw:
I always turn R2 over when vine,feltz and the Ginger gob are on…sara cox permanant replacement for he GT is a no brainer.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You’ve saved me typing that!

barber90:
I enjoy Jeremy Vine. I enjoy radio 2 up until Steve Wright comes on. Chatting over every song.

‘Serious Jockeying’

The guys a prick with an annoying voice. Hate the ■■■■■

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JaxDemon:

barber90:
I enjoy Jeremy Vine. I enjoy radio 2 up until Steve Wright comes on. Chatting over every song.

‘Serious Jockeying’

The guys a prick with an annoying voice. Hate the [zb].

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

As soon as it gets to 14:00 it’s either radio 1 or The IPod comes out.

Al Murray was covering for him the other week and I listened to entire show. Better chat better music.

For music I carry my own, or sometimes listen to BBC R6.
For news and speech its got to be R4. Its easy enough to weed out the opinions of politicos, from the fact offered by those who actually know about a subject. And much better than listening to self appointed “phone in” callers who often have only anecdotal offerings.
Jeremy Vine? Listened to a little when Ive been a passenger, but never gonna be played when Im in the driving seat.

Almost all the regular presenters annoy me now but I don’t like local radio with their advertisements repeating themselves every 10 minutes or so. The radio 2 playlists are good then at 05.00 I struggle. Was a fan of Evans but he’s too full of himself and needs to turn it down, Vine can be ok when he’s grilling politicians but a lot of the time he’s crap and Wrighty ain’t as good as he used to be. I’d say Coxy is my favourite at the moment and I think she’s on Monday morning.

Evil8Beezle:
So trundling around in our trucks as we do and him covering the odd traffic/truck related topic, do you make a point of putting Radio 2 on for him?

Personally I wish Tim Vine was an only child… :neutral_face:
I can’t even stand his voice anymore he annoys me that much!

Are you trying to get me banned? :open_mouth:

That lady garden, together with the utter arse hole Steve “look at me, look at me, I think I’m hilarious” Wright, are the chief reasons why I have not listened to Radio 2 for at least a decade…

Last time I listened to R2 was the day Whine took over

barber90:

+1

not really into vine but some of the debates are good[if not about hgvs]when you get two supposedly intelligent people arguing about politics or another subject and it gets really heated,they are the ones I like.

The thing with Radio 2, is that unless you are in to hearing people bang on about sport or have DAB, it’s probably the best option on the wireless. Radio 4 is too heavy and i’m past Radio 1. I can’t be bothered flicking through all the local stations every time I enter a different area or fannying about with iPods, Radio 2 is with you wherever you are & the traffic updates are good so I just leave it on.

So yea, I listen to Vine most of the time and it’s usually pretty easy listening even if some of the features are daft. I zone out when its sob stories.

Whiney Viney - 2 hrs of arguing between phone in warriors. Jeremy Kyle without the visuals.

windrush:
Jimmy Young, who was basically an old time singer, got far more from his guests on that show than Vine ever has. For starters he had actually ‘lived a life’, from wartime and later service with the RAF, through rationing etc and the 1950’s when things were not so good. He had Prime Ministers and other high ranking folk on and got stuck into them until he got an answer, no interupting like Vine does, and he was also polite but firm with them. A sad day when they replaced him in my opinion (which is worth exactly what you paid for it!! :wink: )

Pete.

In my driving days, I always listened to Radio 2, especially the late, great, Ray Moore, Sir Terry and the JY Prog. However, I NEVER listened to Jeremy Vine as my own personal protest at the way the BBC treated Jimmy Young - I even wrote to the Beeb at the time and told them, never got a response, tho!

Steve

I split between R2 & R4, when fat Feltz is on I retune to R4 or I have the CD player on. . The same as for Vine and the stupid ‘serious jocking’ slot on Wrighty’s 40 year old show format.

Me too,sent a scathing analysis of the shabby way Jimmy young was dumped,Vines just about tolerable,thats when he deigns to show up and we have the putrid Feltz or that superscillious dickwad Paddy something or other.Vine seems to think Elvis Costello and the Smiths are pop musics high watermarks,bloody hell i doubt that.I gave up tv 15 years ago due to the poor quality of junk assailing my sensibilities and feel like ive been purged of some kind of toxin and tend to read a great deal and have become a rather nifty guitar player with the time i would otherwise spend gawping at the idiot lantern.
Same deal with radio now,i want to like radio 4 but despise its oh so Oxbridge dynamic and smug middle class aesthetic.The Archers makes me feel nauseous,Melvyn Bragg prattling on about Carolingian Manuscripts with a coterie of dry spluttering University Dons is beyond the pale.
Sadly radio 2 has left its once classy remit,bit of Sinatra,munro and intelligent discourse,remember JohnDunne?,and now we have the once decent Steve Wright,a creature very much of the eighties,whose show is the same one every single day with a regular turnover of modern Britains cultural dregs,Ramsey,Walliams,Oliver…ad nauseum…polluting the airwaves with utter bilge and over inflated egotism,its become intolerable lately,and i’m switching off 80% of the ‘musical’ garbage he has to trot out.Thank god for the ipod.

Chris Moyles Radio X, 0630 to 1000.
Ken Bruce R2.
Hawksbee and Jacobs Talksport.
Simon Mayo R2.
That’s my usual listening routine.

blue estate:

Evil8Beezle:
So trundling around in our trucks as we do and him covering the odd traffic/truck related topic, do you make a point of putting Radio 2 on for him?

Personally I wish Tim Vine was an only child… :neutral_face:
I can’t even stand his voice anymore he annoys me that much!

If I’m not in range of absolute radio or Wave 105 I turn radio off at 12pm and don’t turn it back on till 2pm that’s how much I like him
Same as that Ginger haired Zb

You are spot on there mate.
regards dave.

robroy:
Chris Moyles Radio X, 0630 to 1000.
Ken Bruce R2.
Hawksbee and Jacobs Talksport.
Simon Mayo R2.
That’s my usual listening routine.

Think I will try that combo out myself…cheers

I recon Paul ogrady should replace jezza , I was listening to him tonight while driving to Nottingham is was cracking up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk