Ian mosey

I had an agency/recruiter ring me a couple of weeks ago asking if I wanted a job there, I declined their offer, seemed like she got the same response off all the drivers she had rung, a company that is constantly advertising for drivers is never good, makes it even worse when they use an agency/recruiter to try to get drivers.
It maybe just down to some drivers who have been there and can’t hack the hard work involved in farm work that has given the company a bad name, I know from experience that it isn’t always easy, and it isn’t something I would get back into at 55.

The other major problem I think Mosey’s have with recruiting, is the location … it is out in the “back of beyond” … there is no really easy way to get to the farm and I don’t think there can be many “local” drivers.

They pay very good money for the area, but they’re always advertising, say no more. Farm work isn’t for everyone, but still.

their location isn’t that bad

The Rustler:
The other major problem I think Mosey’s have with recruiting, is the location … it is out in the “back of beyond” … there is no really easy way to get to the farm and I don’t think there can be many “local” drivers.

That’s the problem. Hovingham’s 30 mins from York, and that’s the closest big town. Leeds and Middlesborough are about 50 minutes away.

Maximum hours followed by a 50 minute daily commute is hard work. So my thoughts were if they’d let drivers have nights out in their wagon when back at base, to save the commute? (Not expecting night out payments, of course).

Ha! I live just around the corner from Blackdale mill, its probably the closest company to where I live and I ain’t going there :laughing: