I vote

It’s all well and good talking about a strike in this country.
There is however, one glaringly big difference between us and say - the French drivers - who do that sort of thing on a regular basis.

They have got the balls to go through with it!!!

British drivers haven’t.

I’m a driver - and I know its true - and I’m sure most of you will agree.
Now if we stuck together like the french…

scanny77:

kitkat:

jessicas dad:
i think alot of firms couldnt give a toss if you went on strike tomorrow they would just put agency drivers in also it would be a good excuse just to get rid of you and then sub the work out or get agency in full time.

and if all the agency drivers refused to enter premises that had a picket line outside there gates,what would you do then :question: i suppose up here they could get yuill and dodds in i suppose.remember ravensgraig steel works. :wink:

im an agency driver and i would be at the front of a picket line. i would be trying to get other agency drivers to join the strike too

And I’m another agency driver that wouldn’t strike break, I asked this of my agency when the fuel protests were on, and they agreed with me, by attempting to cross a picket line, injuries to myself or the picketers could be the result, and they would not wish that.

CM:

Mike Bartlett:
My point,
Question: if they can afford agency fees of £12/14 per hr why do they only pay drivers 6 or 7 :confused:

Mike companies are actually paying the Agency in the £30-£35/Hr range for Drivers depending on area. :open_mouth: :unamused:

Well I’m glad someones making money :exclamation:

mrs mix:
if it needs stars to get past the censor it means it’s not allowed

Hey, you don’t have to justify your meaningless action to me :unamused:

Mike Bartlett:

mrs mix:
if it needs stars to get past the censor it means it’s not allowed

Hey, you don’t have to justify your meaningless action to me :unamused:

I think you will find Mrs mix was being curtious, explaining why she had to edit your post.

Have to admit I would not cross a picket line either. I would also happily give up a weeks earnings to go on strike (I am an agency driver as well).

Nobody has to strike just refuse to do any deliveries inside the M25 :smiling_imp:
They’ll soon listen when Tony’s kids cant make there butties in a morning

I would seriously ask the question:

Would a work to rule not be more effective than an all out strike?

The reason being most Companies rely on a certain amount of goodwill and flexibility to ensure that their day to day business actually gets done and by working to rule and withdrawing that flexibility the company soon learn how much its worth to them and how they rely on it, and besides they cannot replace you with an Agency if your actually at work and available for duty, scuppers them both ways.

Sorry people but you will never get a National strike in the Transport industry. Drivers have always been their own worst enemies in this country. We just will not stand together. You have a hard job to get drivers to stand together in one company let alone nationwide. Last time we had anything worthwhile was in '79 (I think) when we went out for a quid an hour. Even then the scabs were at it but then, they always will be. How many times have you heard drivers whining about the WTD cutting their hours?. Instead of fighting fot a PROFESSIONAL wage, they want to work 60, 70 80 hours a week. Muppets!.
If you go up court you are reminded that you are a professional driver, your employer awnts you to be professional, the public want you to be professional but when it comes down to pay and hours we are treated like a bunch of meatheads and lets be honest…we act like it!
The worst thing that happened to this country (apart from Thatcher) was agencies… I know they provide work for a lot of people but without them there would be plenty of REAL jobs and then perhaps we would have a voice.
We need a union that is for drivers only, a union that will have the guts to stand up and fight for us and not give in when things get a bit tough. They would need to advertise extensivley throughout the transport industry and get drivers to work together for OUR benefit.
Rant over :blush: . Had 35 years of this [zb] but still wouldn’t do anything else.
Nobody like us in the world lads and lasses. Be proud of yourselves, we are the best. PROFESSIONALS! :wink:

Small one. L. :wink:

although i would happily take part in a strike, there is another problem which would affect us. a lot of smaller companies would crash if their drivers were not on the road. they cant afford to have wagons off the road. thisis something that every one of us should take into consideration before going ahead with any kind of action. the big players are taking over as it is, lets not help them crush even more competition

Going for an all out strike is all well and good but there has never been an all out 100% strike as far as I can remember.(Please correct me if needed)

There is no way whatsoever that a full strike could be achieved because drivers would be in fear of losing their jobs.

David5l:
Nobody has to strike just refuse to do any deliveries inside the M25

I already do that :exclamation:

TC:
I think you will find Mrs mix was being curtious, explaining why she had to edit your post.

Yeah but why can we say redundent, but we can’t say [zb], because when you’re redundent, you’re*[zb]* :exclamation:

you can’t say it with stars either …Denis F :wink:

kitkat:
i wonder why no one else has thought of this idea,lets go on strike.the problem is half of you’s say yes i’ll be out with you’s no problems,but when it comes to the crunch it’s oh i got mortgages to pay and my kids need this that and other.it’s always been the same in this industry and will never change.yes we could bring this country to it’s knee’s and it’s about time it happened,but as usual the union’s will strike a deal without our say so and everyone will agree to it and with in a couple of month’s we’ll be getting treated like dirt again and before we know it they will all be on here asking for another strike.it’s about time this dam goverment stood up for our industry instead of bowing down to brussel’s and doing everything they say.especially when the french,german’s and every other country has told them to shove it.not the british we will be your donkey’s.as long as blair and his muppet’s are getting their high paid wages and don’t need to worry about their next mortgage payment,do you honestly think that they really care about us truck drivers.i don’t think so. :wink:

WELL SAID JIM,…as we all know it would only take approx two weeks square wheels by most of uk haulage. the problem i see is this, the guys that say oh no not me, ive got a mortgage and three kids,(so have i by the way) cannot see what a difference to there lives a two week strike would do. a small sacrifice for the better long term future is all it would take jim.

surely the doubters can see this.

prepare for a two week lay off, prepare your budget, name a date, and at least you would be finacially sorted for them two weeks, end of problem.or why not the whole of the uk driver population just put two weeks holiday in for the said date. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

short term loss for a long term future in the industry… now theres a slogan :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:wink:

ohterry:
WELL SAID JIM,…as we all know it would only take approx two weeks square wheels by most of uk haulage. the problem i see is this, the guys that say oh no not me, ive got a mortgage and three kids,(so have i by the way) cannot see what a difference to there lives a two week strike would do. a small sacrifice for the better long term future is all it would take jim.

prepare for a two week lay off, prepare your budget, name a date, and at least you would be finacially sorted for them two weeks, end of problem.or why not the whole of the uk driver population just put two weeks holiday in for the said date. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

short term loss for a long term future in the industry… now theres a slogan :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I agree with you terry, but in truth we all know, you would have a better chance in stepping in rocking horse ■■■, than getting the transport workforce to agree with anything.

TC:

ohterry:

I agree with you terry, but in truth we all know, you would have a better chance in stepping in rocking horse ■■■, than getting the transport workforce to agree with anything.

there lies the reason we will still be harping on about this in years to come ian m8… :wink: