I really wan't to follow my dream... but!

Hi Matt. Don’t be too worried about any medical issues mate.

I have a condition which gives me chronic depression. I struggle to get enough sleep at night and I also allow myself to be kept prisoner in small stinking rooms for hours on end with no windows.

Other symptoms of my condition include being constantly irritated, talking to myself and I have developed an obsession with cleaning and polishing shiny things.

Hi hamradiomobile, and welcome to this wonderful forum!

I also have a mild form of Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), but I can still cope with most aspects of the job pretty well. Don’t let Asperger’s become a barrier to your dream job.

However, one thing to note when your D4 medical form is sent back to the DVLA, the powers that be down there at the Drivers Medical Group (DMG) may want more info about your conditions from your GP (mine took about three months to be processed due to my ASD. :imp:)
If that’s the case, just keep on top of them by giving them a buzz once a week until you recieve your licence.

Otherwise, just go for it! It would be great to have another Aspie trucker :smiley:.

eagerbeaver:

I have a condition which gives me chronic depression. I struggle to get enough sleep at night and I also allow myself to be kept prisoner in small stinking rooms for hours on end with no windows.

Other symptoms of my condition include being constantly irritated, talking to myself and I have developed an obsession with cleaning and polishing shiny things.

So sorry to hear of your terrible affliction eb, you are a real trooper, soldiering on with such dramatic symptoms.

Unfortunately, medication may not hold an answer for you (except perhaps alcohol while you’re stuck in your concrete prison cell, but that’s not possible) also, don’t worry about talking to yourself. Perfectly normal! The only time it becomes a problem is if they have driver cams!

May I make a prescription? I think what you need is a proper job! Maybe a plumber or a sparky, it’s up to you :slight_smile:

jbaz73:

eagerbeaver:

So sorry to hear of your terrible affliction eb, you are a real trooper, soldiering on with such dramatic symptoms.

Unfortunately, medication may not hold an answer for you (except perhaps alcohol while you’re stuck in your concrete prison cell, but that’s not possible) also, don’t worry about talking to yourself. Perfectly normal! The only time it becomes a problem is if they have driver cams!

May I make a prescription? I think what you need is a proper job! Maybe a plumber or a sparky, it’s up to you :slight_smile:

It’s a strange affliction mate. Sometimes I can only seem to get 9 hours rest. Now and again I even do really weird stuff. Last week for instance I had a sudden need to urinate into an empty bottle and then I found myself phoning numbers that nobody ever seems to be on the end of :open_mouth:

I seem to be like this for 60 hours a week. It’s a very depressing condition…

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses:

I feel your pain brother!

Don’t worry to much I take a load of medication did go to my own GP for hime to do medical yep he was a bit more ( didn’t need the eye test as get a free every year ) he was very supportive of me when trying to find out what was wrong & help sorting out meds as well as going for my licence