Just because it’s a good thread.

Geoffo:
Bump…

Just because it’s a good thread.

yep

Frans Maas sunnier

Nice collection here:- youtube.com/watch?v=V414tCxG2jU
Oily

Hallo, i am from the Netherlands and i am looking for photo’s off the company Frans Maas. Frans Maas was sold in 2006 to Danmark and renamed together wich DFDS in DSV.
I was till 2007 driver by Frans Maas Transport at Groningen, Netherlands.
Maybe some one kan help me.

Frans Maas depot Groningen 1989.

Frans Maas depot Groningen 2005, main gate.

Frans Maas depot Groningen, weekend rest 2005.

I now that the next companys drived four Frans Maas U.K.
Mayby you have photos to put on this site?

Yare Haulage, Greath Yarmouth
Two Ways Freight, Greath Yarmouth
? , Brownhills

Regards, Bert Wolters

Welcome to TN Bert. Sorry I can’t help you with a Frans Maas photo, only a
frustrating, for me, Frans Maas story.
A few years ago I loaded out of their depot in Nantes, I think it was, for an
address in the south, probably Pau. I noticed that one pallet was addressed to
Spain and pointed it out to the loader and supervisor who both said, ‘don’t
worry, they are going to deliver it onward from there’.
Well, they didn’t want it at Pau, knew nothing about it, and refused point blank
to take it. So I lost a lot of time trying to find someone who would, making me
very late for my next load.
Not my favourite company :smiling_imp:

Hallo David,
I now that er always a sam time be problems were you ar at work. I had a good time as driver for 23 years by Frans Maas Transport. We drived to north of Germany, Danmark, Sweden and Norway. Back til the Netherlands and Belgium. It was a good time.

Regards, Bert Wolters

Hi Bert. Welcome to Trucknet :slight_smile:

Heres a few photos for you.

This Scania 140 was owned by a mate way back in the 1980’s (had to be didnt it :wink: )
He ran from Brownhills to Rotterdam 2 or 3 times a week.

TWO WAYS FREIGHT (you call it “NO WAYS FREIGHT” :laughing: )

Another Brownhills truck… As far as I know, they were all owner drivers, but maybe someone knows different?

Think this photo came from CHALKY…cant remember :confused: Appologies if it was from someone else.

Hope you enjoy these Bert.

I take it that MAN was run under contract from P&O Roadways,going by the plate and the fleet number■■?

KW:
I take it that MAN was run under contract from P&O Roadways,going by the plate and the fleet number■■?

I’m sure CHALKY sent me the pic. Reckon his dad drove it. Have to ask him…

This was my fist truck an DAF 2800 1983-1984.

My secend truck. My son at the front. 1984-1987.

The same trucks later.

Regards, Bert Wolters

hi bert if my brother sees this thread he may be able to help, he worked for them in frans maas tilbury for several years

worked for a firm who subbed off frans maas brownhills,their
units were operated by nichols’s from aldridge,and roadways
also based in aldridge

Sorry four my raiding, i am Dutch and i try to dow it good.

Thanks, Bert Wolters.

Bert, have loads of pics, at the moment though can’t post many because I have no scanner, will see what I can do. DSV, however, were the parent company of DFDS for some time, they rebranded DSV after buying FM as they couldn’t decide which livery to use of the two. You are right Ash, Brownhills trucks were sub contractors. There weren’t many depots that ran their own trucks, Tilbury, where I worked, Yarmouth (with one Yarmouth truck based in Tilbury), and a few at Brownhills in Brantano livery (DSV still run the Brantano trailers). FM hated the fact that they ran trucks, they were a trailer company, and were pleased when they found an excuse to shut down the Yarmouth bunch (Yare Haulage formely know as). Our lot survived until 2005, I worked for them for 9 years. Pictures to follow at some point.

Truck from Frans Maas at Groningen.

1965 ex trucks from Frans Maas at Venlo four FM Groningen.

Hi, Ash and (dieselcowboy)
Thank you that you can help me to get photo’s from Frans Maas U.K.
I worked as truckdriver four Frans Maas Transport at the depot Groningen in de north of the Netherlands. We ware the only depot that had trucks and trailers from de company Frans Maas till the end off 2006. 1 jan 2007 Frans Maas Transport was sold by DSV to Steenbergen Trucking in Meppel/Bodegraven/Venlo. This company takt over 35 trucks and 45 drivers. From 1 jan. 2007 we went subcontractor voor DSV . We drived till the end of may starting june 2007 in the colours of Frans Maas. Then we started in new trucks in the colours from Steenbergen.
The depot/office in Groningen closed in aug. 2006 by DSV. From aug. till 31 dec. 2006 the trucks and trailers drived by order from Frans Maas/DSV from Venlo till the moment from sailing to Steenbergen. In the weekend we parkd them by the closed depot at Groningen. At 1 nov. 2007 i left the company Steenbergen Trucking.
The depot Groningen started in 1963 fist by sub contractors E. Renkema and Beverdam Transport. In the beginnig of the zeventies Frans Maas takt over the trucks from E. Renkema and started by here one. From 1983 till 2007 i was driver by Frans Maas Transport/DSV at Groningen.

DAF 2000 DO ex truck from FM Venlo four FM Groningen.

New trucks four FM Groningen 1969.

Redards, Bert Wolters

I used to work for Paul Williams who did all his work at Tilbury depot, i picked this brand new trailer up from the factory, (Montracon in GB) and loaded in Lincolnshire for Marseilles, this is where the picture was taken. Paul Williams ran 4 trucks all over Europe for Frans Maas, and he had around 7 7.5 tonners doing local work.