Hygiene!

dave_k:
Unfortunately the industry is full of people who have fallen into it as a last resort type thing and have no pride in the job or their appearance. The amount of drivers I see that look like tramps is frightening. Feel sorry for the guys that have to use the wagon after them!

Some of the regular trampers are just as bad. I used to do casual driving and invariably worked on a Friday. I would usually get one of the Sunday-Thursday drivers vehicles and some of them were evil, especially if they left their dirty washing behind. I used to carry a couple of air freshener sprays and wipes to clean the cab.

hotel magnum:
one of my pet hates are the buses at the tunnel, although only on there for a short amount of time the stench can be overpowering, my wife did not believe me until I took her to Sicily via the tunnel, and I must admit it was a humdinger that day.

And It’s more commonplace on the English side, Facilities have everything to do with it here in the UK , showers at MSA’s many are filthy and rarely cleaned or do not work truckstops are not always close to the motorways , and many companies in the uk do not have showers or allow visiting drivers to use them , they do in most of europe

tommy t:

hotel magnum:
one of my pet hates are the buses at the tunnel, although only on there for a short amount of time the stench can be overpowering, my wife did not believe me until I took her to Sicily via the tunnel, and I must admit it was a humdinger that day.

And It’s more commonplace on the English side, Facilities have everything to do with it here in the UK , showers at MSA’s many are filthy and rarely cleaned or do not work truckstops are not always close to the motorways , and many companies in the uk do not have showers or allow visiting drivers to use them , they do in most of europe

Our trailer change over point in Reims is great, they run a 24/7 op and allow drivers to use the showers/ canteen (open 6am to 11pm) and rest rooms with sat tv ect and manual truck wash (have to pay for that) but its the same in Malaga, they allow drivers to use the supplied facilities and its how it should be. Its all kept spotless but you do get the odd one that will abuse it…

We’ve got 2 smelly bastarts at our depot, both day men so no excuse whatsoever.

Baby wipes are ok but boots No7 wipes are better for a clean in the morning are night if work nights kept in fridge to keep fresh

I encountered a driver like this once who worked for a NI company that had/has a base near Preston and blue-purple units. He absolutely stunk, was obviously run ragged and looked like he would be dead before he reached 55.

It is pitiful to see another grown man in such a state, but as the saying goes, if they won’t help themselves…

Absolutely no excuse for it…i am away all week, and always make sure i have a shower before i go, and immediately when i get back…this is because my mum always insisted on me having clean underwear, in case i get run over… :smiley:

joking aside its always the drivers fault…there is always time for a wash or a shower…or your in the wrong job…and i got sacked after a disciplinary…for leaving a smelly driver a note in his cab because the stench of b.o. was overpowering…he took the note to the t.m…Who asked me what he should do about it…unbelievable.

Berty:
One of the reasons why I won’t do tramping is I like to get home at the end of the day and have a shower etc… how degrading it must feel having to clean yourself with baby wipes? Hang on I’m getting an image (shudder). Back the OP yes it’s the drivers fault if it wer me I’d always find time for a shower… I suppose he could always say “well I am a tramper”

Yeh mate, and all day men are spotlessly clean and hygenic aint they. :unamused:
Why is it you daymen confuse the word ‘tramper’ with ‘tramp’ :unamused:

Here’s a revelation for you to dispel your misguided myth…I manage to get a shower nearly every day I am away, sometimes.in the summer morning AND night…yeh :open_mouth:

I carry a dish to wash, and sometimes shave in the morning, as for baby wipes, they are just to clean my hands after working, never used them as a wash substitute.

So unless you are just a dirty ■■■■ by nature mate, don’t let any washing issues stand in the way of giving tramping a go.

robroy:

Berty:
One of the reasons why I won’t do tramping is I like to get home at the end of the day and have a shower etc… how degrading it must feel having to clean yourself with baby wipes? Hang on I’m getting an image (shudder). Back the OP yes it’s the drivers fault if it wer me I’d always find time for a shower… I suppose he could always say “well I am a tramper”

Yeh mate, and all day men are spotlessly clean and hygenic aint they. :unamused:
Why is it you daymen confuse the word ‘tramper’ with ‘tramp’ :unamused:

Here’s a revelation for you to dispel your misguided myth…I manage to get a shower nearly every day I am away, sometimes.in the summer morning AND night…yeh :open_mouth:

I carry a dish to wash, and sometimes shave in the morning, as for baby wipes, they are just to clean my hands after working, never used them as a wash substitute.

So unless you are just a dirty [zb] by nature mate, don’t let any washing issues stand in the way of giving tramping a go.

I think you need to tell the guy in question tramping doesn’t mean literally being a tramp and toss him your cleaning dish if you ever came across him…

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeh ok, I’m the first to admit there are a lot of dirty basts who tramp.(still say they are a minority) but there are also these guys in every walk of life and in every occupation.
I just got a bit rattled by your generalised view of trampers, which in effect included me.

I think it’s about time to think about HRT Robroy, you’re getting a bit over emotional. Lol
There are dirty smelly gits in all walks of life, it’s a matter of pride and consideration for others. As well as maybe the chance to attract the fairer ■■■ and get your leg over…
There were a few when I was in an office job, and I really didn’t understand how they didn’t notice they stunk. The rest of us did! So don’t take it to heart flower, we’ll believe you crap lavender…

Sent via TPN, so it’s either lost, damaged or late…

I’m like a woman , when I’m off I’ll often have 2/3 showers a day , often 2 in a day when at work , but last week I was starting 8 am and getting done at 23.00 , it’s the first time I’d gone past the stage of food , shower , I just wanted sleep , one night I woke up at 2 am , still fully dressed in drivers seat , I remember closing my eyes and I must of gone .
So I was one of the ones who said no excuse for not having a shower , but last week had me like that though I did get one first thing in morn

dozy:
one night I woke up at 2 am , still fully dressed in drivers seat , I remember closing my eyes and I must of gone .

The epitome of being truly knackered to end up doing that…

I’ve found the older I get the more I smell, bit like an expensive cheese.

The inside of my thighs by me nads is a particular area that needs close attention. If I’m caught short a bowel and flannel with a squirt of shower gel can take the edge off and also gives me cab floor a wash to boot.

Change me socks everyday and me undercrackers twice a week (or turn them inside out).

I just hate going to bed all sticky when I’m on me own.

Dipper_Dave:

The inside of my thighs by me nads is a particular area that needs close attention. If I’m caught short a bowel and flannel with a squirt of shower gel can take the edge off and also gives me cab floor a wash to boot.

Change me socks everyday and me undercrackers twice a week (or turn them inside out).

PMSL… :laughing:

AndrewG:

Dipper_Dave:

PMSL… :laughing:

A bowel?? You must have the ■■■■■■■■■ flannel in the world :laughing:

Dipper_Dave:

Don’t forget, wearing them back to front doubles their wearing time!

Captain Caveman 76:

Dipper_Dave:

Don’t forget, wearing them back to front doubles their wearing time!

And once again order is restored to the universe, ha ha. :blush: :unamused:

I had the exact same experience in Tilbury a while back. I walked into the drivers reception (cubby hole) there was one driver in front of me and his smell took your breath away. And that was on a Monday!!!