How to get an agency to pay up

Think Harry Monk will have some sage advice for you too!

Good luck mate.

Some top ideas and some good laughs. I got in touch with them and they said they hadn’t received my time sheet. I sent it recorded, so I checked who signed for it, mr ozcan hussein. I did a bit of detective work and it would seem to be a genuine error. So I am giving them the benefit of the doubt, they said email a copy in and they will pay me next week. I’ll let you know Friday how it turns out. Btw I am paye.

jbaz73:
Some top ideas and some good laughs. I got in touch with them and they said they hadn’t received my time sheet. I sent it recorded, so I checked who signed for it, mr ozcan hussein. I did a bit of detective work and it would seem to be a genuine error. So I am giving them the benefit of the doubt, they said email a copy in and they will pay me next week. I’ll let you know Friday how it turns out. Btw I am paye.

That’s why I always kept a copy of my timesheets.

I used to scan them I to the computer then email them a copy. Easiest way I found of keeping a record.

One assumes these crooks invoice the client company one did the work for, as per usual.

If money was then receieved from that client, and no wages got paid - then not only has theft of wages occured, but also driving the vehicle without insurance cover, since who covers a driver for liability insurance if they are not going to get paid for doing that job?

Perhaps the shyster will try and argue to the authorities that the driver “made a verbal contract to do this work unpaid, and on their own private personal liability insurance” - which would be difficult to prove as a lie in any court case. It’s Driver’s word against Shysters essentially, and most people will just go “Oh well never mind. Losing a day’s pay ain’t worth the hassle!”, that of course being the main reason they get away with it so much. :imp:

Winseer:
One assumes these crooks invoice the client company one did the work for, as per usual.

That is irrelevant, not your concern as an agency driver as to whether the agency remembers to invoice the client or whether they get paid or not. It is none of your business, not your right to know, not your concern, it has absolutely nothing to do with you.

All that matters as far as your concerned is you have a timesheet for work done with the required signatures on it which you have submitted and you get paid what you were told you would get for that work. Anything outside of that is none of your concern and none of your business.

If money was then receieved from that client, and no wages got paid - then not only has theft of wages occured

Unless you’re self employed and then no such thing has occurred, they’ve merely not paid an invoice, and if you work through an umbrella company then the claim is against that umbrella company as you’re an employee of the umbrella company with the agency as their client.

Conor:

Winseer:

That is irrelevant, not your concern as an agency driver as to whether the agency remembers to invoice the client or whether they get paid or not. It is none of your business, not your right to know, not your concern, it has absolutely nothing to do with you.

All that matters as far as your concerned is you have a timesheet for work done with the required signatures on it which you have submitted and you get paid what you were told you would get for that work. Anything outside of that is none of your concern and none of your business.

If money was then receieved from that client, and no wages got paid - then not only has theft of wages occured

Unless you’re self employed and then no such thing has occurred, they’ve merely not paid an invoice, and if you work through an umbrella company then the claim is against that umbrella company as you’re an employee of the umbrella company with the agency as their client.

Maybe the point is the agency arent chasing the worker up for the timesheet as they have been paid already? If theyve been paid, then why not pay the driver?
Surely agencies are not so dishonest as to invoice a company for work they are not satisfied has actually been carried out?
So since they know the work has been done, pay up!
Im making lots of assumptions there, but youll get the drift?