How long have you been on the same route?

Way back in ye olden days, when I lived in London, I used to see a couple of guys in the pub who did a night trunk between Newcastle on Tyne and N London. They would drive down one night and back the next, but somehow it meant they spent every other weekend in each city. They had been doing it for years.

The interesting thing was that one of them had a wife in each city.

I doff my cap to those drivers who do eg. Wakefield to Glasgow and back 5 nights a week. I would lose the will to live after a week of that and that’s assuming I hadn’t already fallen asleep and ended up in a ditch somewhere by Wednesday. Made even worse if your truck does anything less than a ‘good’ 56, with everything passing you.

No consistency at my place. We decide between ourselves at 6am every day who is going to do which run. Even then, the runs are only loosely routed and it doesn’t matter what order you do your collections so long as they get done. No two days are the same.

I would love to do the same run every day if it kept my busy and not be parked up at 3:30 pm when I only started @7am and only had done 3 hours driving

Sent from my truck

ETS:

ArcticMonkey:
Can i suggest listening to TalkRadio…always good unbias debate on that station

Really, you call the 2 idiots between 7pm. and 10pm “unbias(ed)”? The only one I listen to is Christo but he’s only on for 3 hours and the last 1 hour is talk about entertainment. JHB is alright but she’s only on in the morning so by the time I listen to the recording it’s old news already. That and the repetitive ad blocks every 15 mins + same 3 news stories every half hour caused me to stop listening to that station.

James Whale and Ash at 7pm? I only catch them occasionally if i’m working late.I find them quite funny. I listen to Julia Hartley Brewer from 0630, i agree with a lot of what she says, just her voice and even middle class laugh which annoys me. Then Mike Graham is decent, as is Ian Collins. They all challenge the leftwing msm narrative which i find refreshing, and they all question the covid rules such as lockdown which you won’t get on LBC and BBC

ArcticMonkey:
James Whale ]

Blimey he must be getting old.I remember listening to his late night radio show more than 30 years ago on the Dewsbury run.
youtube.com/watch?v=OjXLDSBUuwU

Carryfast:

ArcticMonkey:
James Whale ]

Blimey he must be getting old.I remember listening to his late night radio show more than 30 years ago on the Dewsbury run.
youtube.com/watch?v=OjXLDSBUuwU

Aye, i remember watching him on tv in the early 80’s doing his radio show in Leeds.
He’s dying of cancer but still manages to do his 7pm show as and when he’s fit to do so

Is Talk Radio only on DAB and app ?
James Whale is a broadcasting legend, haven’t heard him in years.
Ian Collins always does a good show also, any body remember his ‘Creatures of the night’ show about …bloody hell must be nigh on 20 years ago.when I think :open_mouth:
I did not know they were back on mainstream radio.so Talk Radio here I come, thanks for the heads up.
What time is Ian Collins on btw.

They talk about self-driving trucks, growing up as a kid I think the milkman’s horse had been on the route longer than him.

I never saw the milkman drive the cart, the horse controlled the cart & the milkman did the deliveries.

Once the milkman had picked up the bottles to deliver, the horse moved onto the next house & waited.

robroy:
Is Talk Radio only on DAB and app ?
James Whale is a broadcasting legend, haven’t heard him in years.
Ian Collins always does a good show also, any body remember his ‘Creatures of the night’ show about …bloody hell must be nigh on 20 years ago.when I think :open_mouth:
I did not know they were back on mainstream radio.so Talk Radio here I come, thanks for the heads up.
What time is Ian Collins on btw.

I get Talkradio through the Radio UK app cos my lorry doesn’t have DAB radio

Ian Collins is on from 1pm to 4pm.

Julia Hartley Brewer is 0630-1000

Mike Graham 1000-1300

Dan Wooton 1600-1900

James Whale 1900-2200.

You’ll enjoy all those shows as they all challenge the mainstream media narrative on Covid, politics and political correctness.

^^^^^^^^
Thanks for that mate,.I’ll deffo check it out next week. :wink: