How far can you go?

ERF-NGC-European:
Anyone know what was kicking off here? A B-series Eric Vick ERF with what appears to be a stripped down tilt with fish tank stillages. What? Robert

That is an unusual load for Eric Vick. I reckon you need to speak to Chris Jefferies chap i am sure he
will know about it ?

Jelliot:
On a different note I recently saw a video on you tube about 2 guys that supposedly drove a VW Touareg from London to Sydney… There’s a bit of controversy about it as you never see the drivers, all the footage is from a dash mounted Go Pro… the route was London, France, Italy, Greece,Turkey, Back into Eastern Europe, Ukraine, Russia, Samara, cause I know the bridge. loch gate, flood control thing there well, bit more footage of the A4 across Russia… turn right at Astana, then left for Mongolia… China. Loas, Singapore… Into a shipping container to Darwin then Mount Isa and down the East coast to Sydney ( looked like Camperdown or Strathfield area )
The video has only been about for a couple of months but the trip was reported as being done in 2014 and most of the sensible comments were about wondering how the drivers managed to get permission to drive through China. Even today the only way you can drive in China is to have a Chinese drivers license, which means you must be a Chinese citizen, and the car has to be registered in China … It has been suggested that there were various drivers and various cars involved… I went straight away to trawl the internet, including Nova tours who still do assisted ( guided ) outings and looking at Bus Oz,and can’t find any way to drive through China without the aforementioned credentials…

Jeff…

I’d guess Turkey-Iran-Pakistan-India-Thailand then on through Singapore and then Island hopping to ultimately the Dili - Darwin route would be the proper way to Oz.

makemytrip.com/blog/India-My … nd-highway

For all intents and purposes this looks like they have actually done the trip… but looks can be deceiving…If they have then it opens up a whole new set of possibilities…

youtube.com/watch?v=LZtjbyUIY_Y

Jeff

Jelliot:
For all intents and purposes this looks like they have actually done the trip… but looks can be deceiving…If they have then it opens up a whole new set of possibilities…

youtube.com/watch?v=LZtjbyUIY_Y

Jeff

Next time you’re in Melbourne, tune into John Fane on ABC radio - he drove from Aus to London and has written about it. I haven’t read the book, but heard the audio book on ABC Adelaide, about 4 or 5 years ago. Needless to say, being a broadcaster, his trip was well documented.

Thanks for the link … Jon Faine : There and back again… I’ve seen it loitering about in what’s left of the ABC book shop…But I’m not a fan of acid tongued shock jocks so I passed on it … I had a look at the preview, and it looks like he went with Navo tours who used to be NOVA Tours… same termes still apply and AU$26,000 for a transit visa is a bit much for me. even if you get a “tour guide” to " assist you " all the way…

Jeff…