How dose the ADR thing work

Did my ADR last month, company paid for it and for me to be there.

Got 21 hours (3 day course and test on 4th day) towards my CPC so i am now covered for another 5 years.

Course was easy if you pay attention, havnt done any ADR jobs but company want all drivers to be trained.

Gotta pay a percentage towards the course if i leave within 3 years…

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Tom Cobbles:
the thing is will there by many tanker driving job?
especilly at the cold time of year for heating oil

There should be a reasonable demand going into winter. No big bucks though.

Gembo:
Don’t do what I did, go on the course spending £400 and never using it letting it expire.

I’ve done that twice :blush:

Apply for job, if company are short of drivers they might put you thro adr, with a 12mth handcuff clause, in your contract.

Latique:
Basicley you pay £600 every five years for the course for your employer to pay you 10p an hour more to drive a bomb simples

you can be lucky and find a company that will give you a decent deal for your ADR. I paid £500 for my ADR course even before I got a job. When I got a job I found out the company pays an extra £75 a month just for being ADR qualified regardless of whether you do ADR jobs for them or not. In the last 3 years working for them I have only done 12 ADR jobs for them. When it expires they will pay for me to renew it without a training agreement. So it all depends what work you want to do but having ADR is worth it in most cases.

DAF95XF:
Dose it what happens when ADR catches fire…
Presumably spelling isn’t and random capitulation isn’t on the ADR or CPC then…

There was a foreign registered truck caught fire around Wakfield a couple of years ago. Orange plates up and the paperwork was in the cad, on fire. Firecrew did not have a clue what was in the trailer, so therefore, did not have a clue what to put on the fire. It was left to burn. Supposedly, there was a river of fire running down the M1.

BTW it is does, not dose lol :smiley: