How do I keep record of drivers hours in a diary

There’s no secret to it, just record the relevant info.

Truck reg, where you went drop locations, start finish time.

Driving time, breaks, POA, etc, eventually you’ll develop your own shorthand for it all that only you will understand, I started to use lines to signify breaks between driving stints. record hours worked for pay.

Keep a diary though, it’s less important since digital tachos but still important, I once got accused of hitting someone months after the incident, you would never be able to remember where you were or what you did, or drove months later. I got my diary and showed I wasn’t even in the right part of the country, it was enough evidence to make the company get off their arse and look into it and the actual truck that did it was our but was one letter different on the registration number.

Also useful for keeping track of pay, record overtime or extra pay events and so on, don’t ever get lazy and stop making a diary, smartphones can crash or get lost, cloud storage can fail, paper is best.

I use a notepad. Start finish times and km. Unit and whatever trailers. Where I’ve been with arrive and depart times. And the occasional note of an issue.

I can’t see the point in collecting more data than that.

I have one of those new compact record keeping devices, it’s small enough to fit in my wallet, it’s grey/white and has my picture on the front and a chip on the back :unamused:

Kiowan:
Also useful for keeping track of pay, record overtime or extra pay events and so on, don’t ever get lazy and stop making a diary, smartphones can crash or get lost, cloud storage can fail, paper is best.

Of course no-one ever lost a diary, or had pages fall out of a well-thumbed example…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Can you still buy ‘Tactraks’ over there ? When I worked for Fed Ex in the UK we were all given them, once set up for the regulations they let you know when your breaks are due and when your duty is over, they give drivers a 15, 10, 5 and1 minute warning when your times are up.