Hgv licence lapsed

It matters not whether it is 3, 5, 10 or even 17 years since expiry.

When I applied to get my licence back in the mid 90s I was told by a nice lady at the DVLA Swansea that it had to be within 10 years of the date of expiring - has that changed, or was she wrong?

Santa:

When I applied to get my licence back in the mid 90s I was told by a nice lady at the DVLA Swansea that it had to be within 10 years of the date of expiring - has that changed, or was she wrong?

From my posts you will see,you’ll be lucky to get anyone to speak to you these days!
If you can’t do it online,looks like you could be ■■■■■■!

Some of you may be interested in these threads :wink:

“new” driver with 15 yrs experience

Thanks to this forum…

Santa:

From what I can find it is only for the initial pass, Cat B there is a 10 year expiry date on those if they are surrendered.

I may be wrong in how I am reading the legislation and notes, addendums and subsections.

legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/89

Hi guys, just wanted to pop on and say thanks, after my question about getting my lapsed HGV back , well i did today full HGV 1 back, i had to have an extra eye test as i have glaucoma and again every 3 years , so no biggie.
So again many thanks chaps.

Well done. Is the job opportunity still open to you?

hi mate , have to reapplie , as it was taken cos i didnt have the licence , but now i do , just gonna take a little longer.