Hgv driver that got stuck "leaves" job

Small picture but could be a domestic heating oil truck? Or delivering derv to a farm?

Looks like a DAF to me. Yes, there’s plenty of room for him to not have fallen off the tarmac, we can see the centre of the tarmac clearly and his NS wheels are well past the centre. Not a police incident, but I bet if it was, his phone would show activity matching the point the tacho shows the vehicle became stationary. Let’s hope he didn’t spill anything from that tank full of fuel on his back

That was my thinking, diesel or heating oil to a farm or rural residence.

This is the other guy I mentioned :rofl:

I was walking back to my car one day and wondered why there was such a queue of traffic, to see this guy holding back because of the bridge.

I didn’t think it was on for him to get turned in the road…

But he made it work with a little perseverance!

Admittedly without the car park entrance to Tesco it would’nt have come off!

was there no previous warning?

:joy: No, I don’t see it happening.
EDIT: I didn’t see the second post. Lucky him, but I bet he was as popular as flatulence in a space suit with the other road users
Coop is right, surely there must have been some signage long before he reached that point?

There is a sign. One. On a lampost. From this direction you would hope to see it but if you were coming from the opposite direction I would argue you might be too busy looking at other things to spot it.

Hmmm… just a triangular sign? I would expect to see a circular sign ahead of the bridge, as the bridge has a circular sign on it.

Nothing I have spotted. fwiw it looks like back in 2011 it had triangular signs on the bridge.

That’s curious: Usually these days it’s only triangle signs on arched bridges, with circular signs on flat and skewed bridges, unless the flat bridge height is close to the 16’6" clearance of an unmarked bridge, in which case these sometimes get triangular signs - there’s a well known one near me that is flat, with a triangular 16’3" sign.

While the driver is a numpty for trying said manoeuvre, should he have been let loose by Mr Memmory in the first place?

He seems to expect the DVSA driving standard to essentially produce a driver ready to be sent out solo from the get go.

Even for driving a car, it has always been the case that you pass the test and then the real learning begins, no different to a lorry.

Surely Mr Memmory is aware what the reverse manoeuvre in the test consists of, it isn’t like the DVSA is keeping it a secret.

According to himself, he did give the driver a few chances, but we can never get the full story from a “news article”, and we have no idea if the driver asked for some on the job training and got no help, or if he was too cocky for his own good.

I had a driver who smashed up half of a unit after fully mounting a kerb (by more than three feet) hitting a wall and a pedestrian handrail, then tried to keep it quiet - WTF? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: and was shocked when he got called into the office for failing to report the damage.

Only after that did I discover one of the idiot directors had covered for this guy a week or two earlier, when he had completely ran out of diesel, while fully loaded in a 44 tonner, and in the process of overtaking a string of other vehicles, having just passed multiple fuel stations over the previous 30 miles of his journey, the warning lights having been on as he passed at least two of these stations.

Perp must have forgotten he was working for Mr Memmory… :roll_eyes: