Henry long transport

Yes Andrew caygill was the C and Brian Wynne was the W,that’s Andrew Long in the pink jacket, Andrew Caygill cleaning and me in the check shirt.

Not my picture

image.jpeg

What are the 2 motors on the left, don’t recognise them ■■?

patrick 68:
What are the 2 motors on the left, don’t recognise them ■■?

Look like Fordsons to me. I’m sure someone will confirm or refute! :smiley: Robert

BIGGEE:
Not my picture

Where the hell did you get that from , my grandad worked for them when they had horse n carts , i wonder if he`s on there i need to blow it up to see , thanks for posting it

Is the third 1 on a Diamond T ■■? I need Graham (gingerfold) to identify the three AECs i reckon they could be mandators, if it was clearer i reckon the bloke with the flatcap could be my grandad but i`m not 100% sure

ramone:
Is the third 1 on a Diamond T ■■? I need Graham (gingerfold) to identify the three AECs i reckon they could be mandators, if it was clearer i reckon the bloke with the flatcap could be my grandad but i`m not 100% sure

I thought Diamond T Ramone and the first two may be Reo Speedwagons?

pete smith:

ramone:

I thought Diamond T Ramone and the first two may be Reo Speedwagons?

Ive just spoke to my dad and he said they had a Diamond T , it was the only 1 in Bradford but he cant remember the registration , i thought the other 2 could have been Fordsons he said they had some of those too . Hes 83 now and his memory isnt what it was

Looks like a Reo to me, but I cannot be certain. The ‘AECs’ mentioned are Morris Commercials, I think. Robert

robert1952:
Looks like a Reo to me, but I cannot be certain. The ‘AECs’ mentioned are Morris Commercials, I think. Robert

Or my second guess at the first two motors, are they Saurer design built by Morris Commercial?

some more from a site on Facebook,not my pictures

Pic belongs to Graham Newell off flickr

BIGGEE:
some more from a site on Facebook,not my pictures

Third one down appears to be a Maudslay Mogul. Robert

The three on the far right are pre-war AEC Monarchs (or one of them could be an AEC Mercury, yes there was a pre-WW2 normal and fwd control version of a Mercury). I would suggest that the two nearest the camera could be Thorneycroft. It’s a brain teaser right enough! Cracking period photo though.

Thanks for that Graham , some great pictures there , the Merc is loading with Heinz products which would have been loaded at Wigan and re distributed from Longs warehouse , they were still running MKV AECs when the first Mercs arrived in the early 70s . Keep these great pics coming

Another old Longs driver died on the 20th august , Charlie Green … RIP dad.

So sorry about your Dad mate, another one of Bradford’s best, RIP Charlie. Les.

These are on ebay, any good Ramone. Les.

mL8qY_6iP9KKyxnaK0eOnAw[1].jpg
mhuWqz6bqVZeU3YYP4CY3tQ[1].jpg

lespullan:
These are on ebay, any good Ramone. Les.

Not sure if the Atkis my dads old motor I think they had 2 , 180 Gardner DB6 , I could be wrong but I think they bought a second hand 1 with a ■■■■■■■ in but might have dreamt that. The 1 my dad had ended up as a shunter at Westcroft Courtaulds.
The Mammoth Major is identical to my dads , Mick Quirk drove it , I think it came from Scotland I have that photo at home with some others , you can just see a 1418 Merc at the side of it which they were buying just before my dad left for Harold Woods .

There’s a feature on Henry Longs in this months Vintage Roadscene magazine ,some great photos that i have never seen before