Hello.....

muckles:
:shock: :open_mouth: bbbbbbbbbbut :open_mouth: bbbut!!! he got his medical for free. :open_mouth:
With that sort of luck he’ll find somebody to sponsor him and then land a dream job loads of money top of the range truck and great boss. :laughing:
Welcome to trucknet
[/quote

But will he be
really happy :question: :laughing:

Welcome Paul - this is a great forum. Loads of help, advice, and some great characters. Some of the other drivers are OK too!!

Took Theory test this morning and passed!! :smiley: :exclamation:
Got 34/35 on the questions and 63/75 on the Hazard perception.

Now need to find a training place local(ish) to me to arrange an assessment drive. :open_mouth:

congratulations paul. crack on with the next bit now :laughing:

Welcome to trucknet Paul… and congrats on passing mate… crack on with the best bit now…

Lookforward to chatting to ya in the future…

Tiggz

Well i have had a bit of good luck today i think!, got my local yellow pages and started ringing around all the various LGV training schools, rang a couple and they were quoting about the £800 mark for a 4/5 day course with test.

The next one i rang wanted to know my postcode before anything else, strange i thought but gave them my postcode anyway, “i have got some good news for you” she said, “your postcode is covered under a new government scheme to attract more drivers into the industry, this means there is government funding available to cover the cost of you getting your licence!!”, i have to pay them £275 for the course and as soon as i get a job or sign up with an agency i get the £200 quid back meaning i only pay £75 for my course! :laughing: :smiley:

Needless to say i have signed up with this company and have got to see them on the 29th September to fill in all the paperwork and arrange a start date for my training. :exclamation:

I cant wait now for 29th September, these next 2 weeks are going to go so slow now. :unamused:

ps73uk:
Well i have had a bit of good luck today i think!, got my local yellow pages and started ringing around all the various LGV training schools, rang a couple and they were quoting about the £800 mark for a 4/5 day course with test.

The next one i rang wanted to know my postcode before anything else, strange i thought but gave them my postcode anyway, “i have got some good news for you” she said, “your postcode is covered under a new government scheme to attract more drivers into the industry, this means there is government funding available to cover the cost of you getting your licence!!”, i have to pay them £275 for the course and as soon as i get a job or sign up with an agency i get the £200 quid back meaning i only pay £75 for my course! :laughing: :smiley:

Needless to say i have signed up with this company and have got to see them on the 29th September to fill in all the paperwork and arrange a start date for my training. :exclamation:

I cant wait now for 29th September, these next 2 weeks are going to go so slow now. :unamused:

£275! That’s ace, mine was quite a bit more than the £800 the other places quoted you.

Good luck with it, hope you get on ok. :slight_smile:

Good to see you are well on your way. Just a word of caution though, see if you can get some background info on the company ie references etc, they sound a bit like an introduction agent in which case you won’t actually be paying for the lessons but an introduction fee. Bearing in mind that the test fee alone is around £75.00 the use of a vehicle etc.
However go and give it your best shot, but should you need any further advice give Creative Training a call based in Rugby, numbers in the book, great teachers and I passed first time. :laughing: :exclamation:

Thanks for the tip twopack :slight_smile:
Went and had a look at the company this morning, they look genuine enough 3 trucks parked in the yard in their colours and lots of “learn direct” posters everywhere which i think might be something to do with the government funding bit?

One thing they did tell me when i was on the phone to them was if i hadn’t of qualified for the government funding then the cost of training would have been £810 which is roughly what everyone else is quoting in my area, so i tend to think they are a proper training school :question:

Either way though thanks for the advice, it’s something for me to keep in mind when i go and see them on the 29th September. :slight_smile: