"Heavy Haulage through the years"

Thanks DIG. I did watch a youtube video which showed a couple of overtakings. Most of the time it was agreed via CB radio before starting to say if the road was clear and then when to return back in after overtaking. I think the young fella is under estimating the challenge… :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Yes John it very much depended on the driver to be overtaken,the advent of the CB radio was a huge plus prior to that it was the old right hand flash or something similar but also a lot of the main hwys were still gravel when I started and you could be plodding along minding your own and suddenly a road train appears out of your dust coming by, could be a heart stopper at times and in those days long sections of the main Northern Territory Hwys were single lane sealed bitumen and I found that daunting as the NT trucks coming toward you held the bitumen until almost on your bullbar then would drop off the edge to pass,they weren’t being smart or aggressive by doing that it stopped the gravel from splattering yours and their cabs/windscreens with rocks thrown up by the drive tyres, you put a lot of faith in one another.

Dig

Photos from the last couple of trips. The red trucks with the blades are from Jordan’s; they only started the wind-turbine work recently. Before that they just had flat-decks and hauled mostly steel. The culvert on the trombone looks like it could easily bottom-out on a bumpy road.

Baines heavy haulage.

Click on pages twice to view.

DEANB:
Baines heavy haulage.

Interesting Deano well done and good to see at least one Rotinoff still crushing a buck.

Dig

ChrisArbon:

Photos from the last couple of trips. The red trucks with the blades are from Jordan’s; they only started the wind-turbine work recently. Before that they just had flat-decks and hauled mostly steel. The culvert on the trombone looks like it could easily bottom-out on a bumpy road.

Thanks Chris. Getting a tad chilly over there as well.
Johnny

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cheers DIG, what’s the overall length of such roadtrains?

Any Johnny me old mucker… you really don’t know when to hold your tongue do you… :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

DEANB:
Baines heavy haulage.

Cheers Dean, must have been hard work, driving a Rotinoff…

No doubt a certain Herr S will join us shortly and tell us he’s driven one of those beasts back in the day… and did continental work with it… he’s got the t-shirt to prove it :unamused:

ChrisArbon:

Cheers Chris! Quite a difference from doing “normal” work on one hand and wind turbine related stuff on the other…

A few more Brits.
Oily

Heavy Haul Mark Hobbs 8656121118_6915eba301mh _k.jpg

Heavy Haul Mak Hobbs 7084381211_8bb96ec4dc_mh k.jpg

Heavy Haul Richard 35824167490_a03b4970d8_rs k.jpg

Heavy Haul Richard 35728376023_c96ca0062e_rs k.jpg

Heavy Haul Richard 35719423215_7b848ea091_rs k.jpg

Heavy Haul Richard 35629987194_bd9634c558_rs k.jpg

Heavy Haul Richard 35546377300_2feda7a353 rs _k.jpg

pv83:
Cheers DIG, what’s the overall length of such roadtrains?

Any Johnny me old mucker… you really don’t know when to hold your tongue do you… :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

53.5 metres Patrick

Dig

What you can see of the front unit is a Pacific Winch truck on an in field rig move in West Aus

Dig

Cheers to Oily and DIG :wink:

DIG:
What you can see of the front unit is a Pacific Winch truck on an in field rig move in West Aus

Dig

Nice pic Dig ! :wink:

Patrick, Scammells !! :unamused:

pv83:

DEANB:
Baines heavy haulage.

Cheers Dean, must have been hard work, driving a Rotinoff…

No doubt a certain Herr S will join us shortly and tell us he’s driven one of those beasts back in the day… and did continental work with it… he’s got the t-shirt to prove it :unamused:

If only. What a privilege that would have been!!
Johnny

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

More Scammells Patrick :laughing:
Oily

Scammell SG2012 cc by 2.0 14175330098_bba0d8c3a1_o. SG jpg.jpg

Scammell S24 Scammell S24 cr Gillets Crossing  10430221044_d2c9f45309_o.jpg

Scammell 1984 Phil Brandwood cc by nc sa 2.0 3370356407_b369ee4cb8_PB o.jpg

Johnny,Dig,Oily i feel that we are spoiling the “boy” with all these Scammell pics !! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Maybe
we should stop posting them for a while,to wean him off slowly ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

Cheers Dean and Oily, Christmas came early this year so it seems… ahum… BAH HUMBUG! :laughing: :laughing:

That first sentence in the article could have been about me Dean, I wanted to drive a steam engine too when I was… er… a few months younger… :unamused: :laughing:

Thanks Dean that Curtis tri drive unit looks the real deal with a decent sized radiator and 500hp under the bonnet would make it a top unit.
The F model Mack driver was spot on about the ride in those trucks,I had a bonneted R model and it wasn’t much better.
Thanks Patrick Johnny and Oily on the ball as usual.

This is the best I could do in the train line Hammersly Iron ore train on route from Mt Tom Price mine to the Dampier port not as big as the Newman trains but there is another loco in the middle somewhere probably 10000 tons on the move
Dig

One of Mammoet’s among these.

DIG:
Thanks Dean that Curtis tri drive unit looks the real deal with a decent sized radiator and 500hp under the bonnet would make it a top unit.
The F model Mack driver was spot on about the ride in those trucks,I had a bonneted R model and it wasn’t much better.
Thanks Patrick Johnny and Oily on the ball as usual.

This is the best I could do in the train line Hammersly Iron ore train on route from Mt Tom Price mine to the Dampier port not as big as the Newman trains but there is another loco in the middle somewhere probably 10000 tons on the move
Dig

Thats some train DIG, goes on for ever ! :wink: