Heart Attack and LGV license

scotstrucker:

thehairyarsedtrucker:
I had a heart attack in 2013 and I’ve just done my 3rd treadmill test, I struggled with the last one cos I was made up with a cold but passed…just.

You do 3 minutes at a brisk pace on an incline, then speed and incline increase for a further 3 mins followed by more speed and incline increase for 3 more mins. If you stop at any time its a fail.

So while you are not working get used to walking about a mile as fast as you are able each day and you should be ok when the test comes along.

Good luck

yes not doing the 9 minutes is a fail but it is not the end of the line, there is other ways they can do the stress test on your heart, the treadmill is the cheapest way

Now you tell me !

As a fully paid up Yorkshireman please dont tell me the other way of stress testing your heart is to make you pay the doctors bill ■■ :smiley: :smiley:

thehairyarsedtrucker:

scotstrucker:

thehairyarsedtrucker:
I had a heart attack in 2013 and I’ve just done my 3rd treadmill test, I struggled with the last one cos I was made up with a cold but passed…just.

You do 3 minutes at a brisk pace on an incline, then speed and incline increase for a further 3 mins followed by more speed and incline increase for 3 more mins. If you stop at any time its a fail.

So while you are not working get used to walking about a mile as fast as you are able each day and you should be ok when the test comes along.

Good luck

yes not doing the 9 minutes is a fail but it is not the end of the line, there is other ways they can do the stress test on your heart, the treadmill is the cheapest way

Now you tell me !

As a fully paid up Yorkshireman please dont tell me the other way of stress testing your heart is to make you pay the doctors bill ■■ :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: no i believe they go down the injection route to raise your heart rate

Me,when Im 65,I will be retiring.I will have my motorhome ,so many places to see in this country and Europe.Im not giving my retirement years to waiting in rdcs,this is my time,not their’s

I had a stroke, not a heart attack, so different rules.
I have to wait a year before asking to get my licence back (2 weeks left to wait :slight_smile: ).
I believe I’ll have to do a treadmill test, but that shouldn’t be a problem for me.
I’ve been walking in training for the Edinburgh 24 Mile Kiltwalk in September.
So I’ve been walking 4+ miles most days in about an hour (Strava says 4.57 miles in 53 minutes today, it’s lying btw but I’ll still accept that :smiley: ).
I’ve also been walking up a local landmark hill regularly, a 6 mile there and back in 2 hours, climbing over 800 feet.
And also the occasional 12.5 mile lap of Loch Leven, taking 3.15 - 3.30.
I’m 63, and will be retiring at 66, my state pension age. I might do some part-time after that, depending on boredom or finances, but very part-time.

Luckily my boss is keeping my job open for me, so as soon as I get my licence back, I can get back to work.
Dole money doesn’t go far these day :astonished: