GUY Big J 8LXB Tractor Unit

windrush:
No Harry, as a fully paid up member of the Temperance Society I’m afraid I can’t contribute to any drunkeness and debauchery that you may indulge in. Obviously you have led a pretty sheltered life so far and I don’t want to be the one to turn you away from the straight and narrow. The sink gets it! :wink: By the way it is a bottle of Glenlivet, not sure if that’s any good or not really with me not being a drinker? :confused:

Pete.

I honestly believe that you are “taking the ■■■■” Pete ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Pouring a Glenlivet down the drain !!! I know where the empty bottle should be “pushed” !! right up your “jacksie” bottom of the bottle first !! You will be telling us next that you a “Voting Liberal Remainer” and that would be a bridge too far Mate it really would !!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :blush: :blush: :blush: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

windrush:

harry_gill:
Hiya,
Arghhhhhhhh well I did try :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
thanks harry, long retired.
PS Oh’ and I never liked Fodens so there.

Not a problem Harry, I probably wouldn’t have liked the Glenlivet either? :wink:

Pete.

Well I like both, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

Don’t fret Dennis, it is still in its bottle in the blue box! I honestly don’t know if it is a decent whisky or not, Founders Reserve it’s called, I googled it and it isn’t expensive. My neighbour gives me them for looking after their rabbits when they go on holiday. It’s a single malt and I used to prefer blended or Irish as it was much cheaper but that was back in the day when my pals and myself tested different whiskies at caravan rallies every weekend and compared them. I did get to like Singletons but at £20+ a bottle many years ago it was way beyond tipper drivers wages! Anyway all my old drinking pals are long gone now so nobody to drink with, it will probably get used up during the year in mugs of tea to help keep the chill out, just as long as I’m not driving of course! So rest assured it will get drunk eventually and not wasted. :wink:

Oh, and for the record, I did vote ‘REMAIN’ as well and will do next time as well. :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:
Don’t fret Dennis, it is still in its bottle in the blue box! I honestly don’t know if it is a decent whisky or not, Founders Reserve it’s called, I googled it and it isn’t expensive. My neighbour gives me them for looking after their rabbits when they go on holiday. It’s a single malt and I used to prefer blended or Irish as it was much cheaper but that was back in the day when my pals and myself tested different whiskies at caravan rallies every weekend and compared them. I did get to like Singletons but at £20+ a bottle many years ago it was way beyond tipper drivers wages! Anyway all my old drinking pals are long gone now so nobody to drink with, it will probably get used up during the year in mugs of tea to help keep the chill out, just as long as I’m not driving of course! So rest assured it will get drunk eventually and not wasted. :wink:

Oh, and for the record, I did vote ‘REMAIN’ as well and will do next time as well. :laughing:

Pete.

Hiya,
Pete, Founders Reserve by Glenlivet a very palatable single malt, can be bought
for around £22 a 70cl bottle not the most expensive but very pleasant to drink,
have tried it via someone else’s stash and would have no qualms to receive it as
gift should my family read this post and say “I wonder would Dad like that for his
birthday or just an inbetween pressie” yes cheers !!! and a happy New Year.

harry_gill:

windrush:

Pete.

Hiya,
have tried it via someone else’s stash and would have no qualms to receive it as
gift should my family read this post and say “I wonder would Dad like that for his

It’s €17.70 here Harry,less than £15.00 I think,could turn anyone to drink!!

All the best,

David

5thwheel:

harry_gill:

windrush:

Pete.

Hiya,

All the best,

David

Hiya,
Bit too old to move to foreign lands now David, so I’ll just have to pay
the UK over inflated prices and drink slightly less which will no doubt
please “her who must be obeyed” and stop her saying “£22 I could have
bought a new outfit for that” lucky she doesn’t see the price I pay for
some of the singles I buy she’d stop my pocket money.

harry_gill:

5thwheel:

harry_gill:

windrush:

Pete.

Hiya,

All the best,

David

Hiya,
Bit too old to move to foreign lands now David, so I’ll just have to pay
the UK over inflated prices and drink slightly less which will no doubt
please “her who must be obeyed” and stop her saying “£22 I could have
bought a new outfit for that” lucky she doesn’t see the price I pay for
some of the singles I buy she’d stop my pocket money.

I bet you have already paid for a lot of her new outfits H !!

David

According to this article Guy did advertise the 240 gardner in one of its brochures ? I have some GUY brochures so will try and find them.

Click on pages twice to read.

Ah Getting closer!!! :laughing: Does this count Dennis?? :question: :astonished:

E.W.

Good to see Jimmy getting some recognition in print for his efforts.

EW car truck & bus:
Ah Getting closer!!! :laughing: Does this count Dennis?? :question: :astonished:

E.W.

If you cast your eye back over this thread you will see that The ■■■■■■■■ Sheeter regards the Wall’s Big Js as merely adding fuel to his argument that none were ever produced. I think we will have to accept that, given his advanced years, our hero is so set in his ways that he is unlikely to accept the evidence of those who drove them, worked on them or merely saw them.

He’s probably an EU remainer as well, pushing for as many more votes that it takes to get the result he wants!

EW car truck & bus:

E.W.

'fraid not E. W. :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:

EW car truck & bus:

E.W.

If you cast your eye back over this thread you will see that The ■■■■■■■■ Sheeter regards the Wall’s Big Js as merely adding fuel to his argument that none were ever produced. I think we will have to accept that, given his advanced years, our hero is so set in his ways that he is unlikely to accept the evidence of those who drove them, worked on them or merely saw them.

He’s probably an EU remainer as well, pushing for as many more votes that it takes to get the result he wants!

I resemble your last remark ROF and take it as a personal affront to my well known Far Right politics and for your info I am a fully paid up Member of Jakey Mogg’s ERG so there. Plus it’s no good you trying to hide your membership of Momentum you F---- Corbinysta ! :blush: :cry: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :angry:

Me & Corbyn in the same sentence? How DARE you!

DEANB:
According to this article Guy did advertise the 240 gardner in one of its brochures ? I have some GUY brochures so will try and find them.

Well done Dean,that would be a coup,but I guess YKW still wouldn’t be convinced!

David

5thwheel:

DEANB:

Well done Dean,that would be a coup,but I guess YKW still wouldn’t be convinced!

To be fair the heading ‘’ this was offered as a factory retrofit after market conversion,subject to engine supplies being available,when new’’ wouldn’t have fitted in the available picture caption space. :wink:

Spot on “CF” you are the “Man” anything can be “advertised” but in reality cannot be delivered !! The search continues for the illusive “Holy Grail” i.e. a Guy Big J with Factory fitted 8LXB ! All The best for 2019 “CF” I hope you will still be around to continue annoying all and sundry on TNUK for the coming year ! Cheers Bewick

Bewick:
Spot on “CF” you are the “Man” anything can be “advertised” but in reality cannot be delivered !! The search continues for the illusive “Holy Grail” i.e. a Guy Big J with Factory fitted 8LXB ! All The best for 2019 “CF” I hope you will still be around to continue annoying all and sundry on TNUK for the coming year ! Cheers Bewick

Hiya,
Dennis when are the “believers” that the beast exists going to give up,
it’s only ever been drivers from memory who have driven the “beast”
I haven’t seen one post from a maintenance man that he has worked
on one lets face it it isn’t so long ago that the Big J was out there
earning it’s keep I drove them and the only Gardner engined one I saw
was a 180 and what a pill that was.

harry_gill:

Bewick:

Hiya,

Hiya “H” how are keeping Mate ? and yes the Big J 8 LXB thingy is called keeping a “clean sheet” in football parlance as far as we are concerned ! Keep in where it’s warm “H” ! Cheers Dennis.

harry_gill:

Bewick:

Hiya,

Harry,

You have said the only Gardner powered Big J that you have seen was the 180.

Not only did I drive a 240 Gardner powered Big J,SoM also had 4 150 Gardner Big J’s on contract to OCL and painted in their colours based in Manchester depot and worked out of the MIFT.
When they required testing I was one of the poor night trunkers that had to drive the flippin things up to Maddiston,bloody freezing with a woefully poor heater.

David