Greta Thungburgh

by that hits home Terry T

To paraphrase an old music hall song. Don’t put your daughter on the stage Mrs Thunberg. Greta has enough issues of her own without any more being piled upon her. Even Prince Andrew would say that she is too young. Her parents should get her education back on track let her become passionate about other things.

toonsy:
Doesn’t bother me. She has an opinion like everyone else. I can choose to take notice of it or leave it.

Do find it funny though how theres people obsessed with ripping a child apart when it’s just as easy to not give it any attention of you so desire?

In principle I agree, but she is being listened to by world leaders that then shape policy which affects you.

As far as I know, world leaders aren’t listening to Toonsy and shaping policy round your words of wisdom. More fool them obvs :laughing:

albion:

toonsy:
Doesn’t bother me. She has an opinion like everyone else. I can choose to take notice of it or leave it.

Do find it funny though how theres people obsessed with ripping a child apart when it’s just as easy to not give it any attention of you so desire?

In principle I agree, but she is being listened to by world leaders that then shape policy which affects you.

As far as I know, world leaders aren’t listening to Toonsy and shaping policy round your words of wisdom. More fool them obvs :laughing:

The trouble being that world leaders arent listening to the vast majority of scientists who are talking about climate change. They listen to the public, who are unduly influenced by "news" sites, that peddle fake news and are funded by big business among others. It shouldnt be that we need a young girl to grab the headlines, but that is where we are.
Speaking with a calm rational voice, doesn`t do it.

Well it’s hardly only big business. Russian interference doesnt just stop with politics.

The trouble with the science is that it isnt settled. I dont know who is right about man made climate change, but I know enough that there are people who disagree with the man made carbon emissions whose scientific opinions are valid. And I know there are scientists that wont stick their heads over the parapet because science follows money.

albion:
Well it’s hardly only big business. Russian interference doesnt just stop with politics.

The trouble with the science is that it isnt settled. I dont know who is right about man made climate change, but I know enough that there are people who disagree with the man made carbon emissions whose scientific opinions are valid. And I know there are scientists that wont stick their heads over the parapet because science follows money.

Is it written in stone? No, its not. But I look at it like the old attitudes to the harm caused by smoking tobacco....(I hope youre not a smoker, as this argument could fail).
Looking at the big picture we can see that those who smoke, are much more likely to suffer from cancer etc.
Not all smokers do, and non-smokers aren`t immune, but the vast weight of evidence, and the scientific consensus, shows smoking is a primary cause of cancer.
Any evidence, or doubt, that climate change is not man-made, although it exists, is tiny. Gambling the future of the planet on the vast majority of scientists being wrong is, at the very least, foolhardy.
Try this link maybe? I claim no authorial credits for it…
climate.nasa.gov/faq/

Scientists who chase the money, and are afraid to speak out?
If you want to say that research should be funded by public funds, and not have to rely on private companies, I`m with you all the way.

Russian, and indeed other state actors, playing with false news etc?
Yep, summat else that keeps me topping up my glass with a nice red wine.
We can`t all afford the fizzy whites you favour Ms A.

There’s something about that girl that I find unsettling - I don’t know if it’s the moon face or the permanent pig tail or the unsmiling demeanour.

Not the message though - all these planet savers should have cranked up in about 1825.

They would have been apoplectic if they had been around before the Clean Air act in the sixties - heavy smog in LA and London etc etc.

Anyway, it allows all the virtue signallers to leap out of the bushes at every opportunity - folks thinking that if they turn all the heating off and pump up the bike tyres and read by the light of a candle in Norwich some how it’s going to mitigate China’s coal fired power station programme or indeed, volcanic eruptions.

So, I guess sailing about in a multi million pound yacht must be a real drag when you could be having your stolen childhood instead.

Will all her acolytes be cycling to school now? Not likely - Mummy’s XC90 is the way to go.

The whole thing is a farce full of hypocrites. Emma Thompson et al.

Socketset:
There’s something about that girl that I find unsettling - I don’t know if it’s the moon face or the permanent pig tail or the unsmiling demeanour.

Not the message though - all these planet savers should have cranked up in about 1825.

They would have been apoplectic if they had been around before the Clean Air act in the sixties - heavy smog in LA and London etc etc.

Anyway, it allows all the virtue signallers to leap out of the bushes at every opportunity - folks thinking that if they turn all the heating off and pump up the bike tyres and read by the light of a candle in Norwich some how it’s going to mitigate China’s coal fired power station programme or indeed, volcanic eruptions.

So, I guess sailing about in a multi million pound yacht must be a real drag when you could be having your stolen childhood instead.

Will all her acolytes be cycling to school now? Not likely - Mummy’s XC90 is the way to go.

The whole thing is a farce full of hypocrites. Emma Thompson et al.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

perfect post my man.
flying all over the world to complain about carbon footprints…classic.

one might be cynical,but with having an offspring as repugnant as that,it could be construed that if she is shuffled all over the world keeping herself busy,then she isnt at home with you…somewhat similar to jordan and peter andre legal bid for custody over poor blind harvey…the loser would end up having to keep him… :wink:

A view from where her family is?
She guest edited BBC R4 tother day. Here is the whole programme: [bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000cn3h](https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000cn3h) And the "i"s take on her fathers and familys part in this:
inews.co.uk/news/media/greta-th … es-1352113

Happy Birthday. She’s 17 today.

Terry T:
I’ve always switched my engine off when connecting up to a trailer but I might start leaving it running and tweet her a video of it. I bet the poor cow would have a seizure.

Still, she’ll discover ■■■■ and beer soon enough then she’ll forget all about the environment.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
well she might be 17 today but the legal age of consent in sweden is 15,so thats 2 years now her head hasnt been distracted looking for a bit of ■■■■,nonbinary,gender neutral or otherwise,though with a having a face like a welders bench it might not be too hard to wonder why?

Franglais:

albion:

toonsy:

The trouble being that world leaders arent listening to the vast majority of scientists who are talking about climate change. They listen to the public, who are unduly influenced by "news" sites, that peddle fake news and are funded by big business among others. It shouldnt be that we need a young girl to grab the headlines, but that is where we are.
Speaking with a calm rational voice, doesn`t do it.

I remember an Observer feature years ago featuring a certain David de Rothschild embarking on a sea- voyage,atop a vessel made from plastic bottles to ‘highlight the oceanic plastic plague’ yeah?
a scion of the planets biggest financial war-engineering,resources exploiting satanic entities of all time,all moisty eyed and effulgent with crass statistics on how we must all change our ways.The Rothies jumping on the conservation bandwagon ffs,only way to beat the opposition is to control it and they sure know about that :smiling_imp: probably got Greenpeace in their back pocket too i suspect.

It has come to my attention this weekend, the work of an investigative reporter who has been pulling the curtain on the people behind saint Greta for some time now.

There are some very nasty characters behind this poor lass and this chap is up for exposing the whole scam.

If you have a spare moment, please search for “Keean Bexte” and watch a couple of his reports.
I am sure you will be amazed.
I was.

AndieHyde:
It has come to my attention this weekend, the work of an investigative reporter who has been pulling the curtain on the people behind saint Greta for some time now.

There are some very nasty characters behind this poor lass and this chap is up for exposing the whole scam.

If you have a spare moment, please search for “Keean Bexte” and watch a couple of his reports.
I was.

Keean Bexte: …Reporter for “Rebel Media”…
youtube.com/watch?v=NRKGblpzhZQ

Franglais:

AndieHyde:

I was.

Come on mate, even an old cynic such as yourself must want to peek behind the curtain and judge the workings of the big machine for yourself or are unquestionably accepting the narrative handed down by the talking heads fronting the bought and paid for media outlets.

images.jpeg-14.jpg

AndieHyde:

Franglais:

AndieHyde:

I was.

Come on mate, even an old cynic such as yourself must want to peek behind the curtain and judge the workings of the big machine for yourself or are unquestionably accepting the narrative handed down by the talking heads fronting the bought and paid for media outlets.

Unquestioning?
I hope not.

Looking at the character of Greta Thunberg or the characters of those around her is not as important as looking at the science of climate change. Whatever her/their motivation the message remains intact. It’s a pity the media need a figurehead to carry the message, but maybe that’s just the way it is.

Franglais:

AndieHyde:

Franglais:

AndieHyde:

I was.

Unquestioning?
I hope not.

Looking at the character of Greta Thunberg or the characters of those around her is not as important as looking at the science of climate change. Whatever her/their motivation the message remains intact. It’s a pity the media need a figurehead to carry the message, but maybe that’s just the way it is.

My brother, look at where you are right now.
You are stood on the cool portion of a molten rock that takes 365 rotations to orbit its local dying star in the hostile vacuum space.

It has been doing this dance for 100’s of millennia.

Human caused global warming? BWAHWHAHWAHHWHAHWHAHWAHHWHAHWHAHWHAHWAHHWHAHWHAWHAHWHWAHWHAHWAHHHHAHWHAHHWAHHAHHWHAHHHWHAAAHWAHHAWHAHHAWHAHAHHBAWWAAAAAAAA…Breath…BWAHAWHAAHWHAAHHWWHAHHWHAHAHHWHHWHAHWHAAHWHAAHAAWAAAHWHAHWWHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHHHAHHHWHAAHWHAHHAHWHAHWHAHAHAHHAHHAHWHAHHHWHAWH… and I am done.

Terry T:
I’ve always switched my engine off when connecting up to a trailer but I might start leaving it running and tweet her a video of it. I bet the poor cow would have a seizure.

Still, she’ll discover ■■■■ and beer soon enough then she’ll forget all about the environment.

When you wake up and the only thing you have to look forward to is Scan Bran there is a reason she is trying to save the world for herself.

Wheel Nut:

Terry T:

When you wake up and the only thing you have to look forward to is Scan Bran there is a reason she is trying to save the world for herself.

Oi ! Did you do that? Can you resize the image please… Ta.