Green Group Logistics

going back a while, how long is a while ■■

Longer than a bit ago :smiley:

They must have a paper contract with someone because they are always in DFDS’s paper warehouses 1 through 3 every day.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but does anyone know who the primary agency is who supply drivers to the GG near the stockyard? As I’m looking to fill a few gaps in my current workload

peirre:
Sorry to bump an old thread, but does anyone know who the primary agency is who supply drivers to the GG near the stockyard? As I’m looking to fill a few gaps in my current workload

It’s MAS staffing I believe. I worked from Maltby for a few months last year to bridge a gap, day work is easy, usually 1 drop and a reload or 2 and do between 10 and 12 hours but as said, wages are poor, £9 per hour straight through Monday to Friday, £10 per hour for 4 on 4 off all days worked and 45 minute stopped for break

Don’t Ace also provide drivers? Had a mate work out of there last year and I am sure he worked through them at £10 p/h PAYE.

I worked for a firm a year or so ago, close to GG in Hellaby. My boss what an approachable type always willing to chat. He told me GG was up for sale - for a quid (no joke). Reason being the company actually owned nothing, no trucks no property nothing. Probably had a bit of debt here n there which you’d have to take on if you took them on.

essexdaz:
I think I saw one of the new units pulling a b&q trailer today in haverhill

They do a fair bit out of B&Q Redhouse, mostly traction from what I see when I`m in there…

Kersey were also doing a bit, but they use their own trailers :wink:

He will relight Stiller Group and move in on some old customers no doubt

Stanley Mitchell:

essexdaz:

They do a fair bit out of B&Q Redhouse, mostly traction from what I see when I`m in there…

Ive seen them pulling B&Q trailers, it also looks like they are hauling bulk bags of sand/stone out of the tarmac trupak plants near Doncaster airport and delivering them to B&Q’s.

peirre:

Stanley Mitchell:

essexdaz:

Ive seen them pulling B&Q trailers, it also looks like they are hauling bulk bags of sand/stone out of the tarmac trupak plants near Doncaster airport and delivering them to B&Q’s.

Yeh, I`ve seen plenty of their trailers in there as well…

Seems to be growing at a pace, not bad for a company with zero assets :open_mouth:

Stanley Mitchell:
Seems to be growing at a pace, not bad for a company with zero assets :open_mouth:

iirc that generally been the case with the companies Pete has been involved with in the past.
Ironically the agency Desperate mentioned is located at the same address as GG.
But as the yard is only 800yds from home, despite the pay rates it’s the only reason I’m considering a bit of limping there, the savings in travel/fuel might offset the crap wages, & fill some gaps in a regular gig elsewhere. I have no intention of considering full time work on the book there, as there seems to be a revolving door there

peirre:

Stanley Mitchell:

essexdaz:

Correct, they also do a coal contract in Worksop where they shunt to another yard in Worksop, and also Carlton Forest warehouse.