Got my truck at last!

Smart Motor fella!!!

Obviously repainted, did you get the paint job thrown in for free when your bought the truck or did you have to pay the extra ? Who painted it ? Volvo ? Did you get warranty ? Just out of curiousity would Volvo do a R+M on a truck of that age ? (Not really Old I know)

I also see you have new tanks fitted ? From SB Components Wisbeech ? How many litres do your tanks hold now ?

Well I guess you will bE starting off on your adventure pretty much soon now so I WISH YOU LUCK AND GOOD FORTUNE.

Thank’s guys for the thumbs up :smiley: :smiley: I’m pleased with it , the original colour was orange (Knowles transport) . When i went up to Ely it had already been re-sprayed the original demo Volvo blue. (dont know if they had already added that into price, I expect so !!) .Whilst the truck was waiting for me to collect it , three people saw it ,one person wanted to buy it there for cash,the others have asked for re-sprays the same.But at £23,500 i thought that was a good price for a first truck. Driveline + was £1,200. Also got GAP insurance.This is where Volvo were the best for me. The word “new start” to some people means APR can be doubled or even more!!. I got my truck @ 10.5% ,and they put me in touch with someone who arranged my trailer @ 11%.
NSH, yes your old baby was there
Routier, all i know is they use someone local for re-sprays, Got someone at O-centre to do maintance £38 ph. 680 + 340 tanks
Ian ,alway’s keep your options open :smiley: :smiley:
Rob K “money more than sense” ; I wish :smiley: :smiley: at least its not a T-cab 580 :exclamation:

Very nice motor Topcat :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley: That is a nice one, can’t get much better than that, a decent late MK 1 FH. Is it good inside also ■■ :slight_smile:

topcat:
I got my truck @ 10.5% ,and they put me in touch with someone who arranged my trailer @ 11%.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

10.5%

mines on 8.3%

( although it was taken out 2 years ago!!)

I got my truck @ 10.5% ,and they put me in touch with someone who arranged my trailer @ 11%

Dont want to sound a KillJoy but Boy thats high interest even for a new start. You should have got a personal loan over 5 years would have cost you less in repayments/interest. Whos your finance with ? You should have asked on this site!!! I used Asset 91 who at the time I found quite reasonable.

I have his number if you want it. There is nothing to stop you switching your finance over to another company altho there may be a redemption penalty, but work out the penalty against the savings you could make!!!

I bought my Fridge Trailer for £15000 using a personal loan of £12000, I told the loan company it was for a car. Interest over 4 yrs was 6%!!!

Can I be cheeky and ask how many years you have it over ?
I really do think you are paying over the odds. So what will the truck cost you in the end ?

Very nice TC it’s good to see that you are on your way good luck

Very nice my man,the colour looks very similar to the GT TDI VW golf :exclamation:

nice truck

thats a really nice truck tc well done to you good luck and keep us posted.

ps…

should have done a deal with sean for his truck.

routier:

I got my truck @ 10.5% ,and they put me in touch with someone who arranged my trailer @ 11%

Dont want to sound a KillJoy but Boy thats high interest even for a new start. You should have got a personal loan over 5 years would have cost you less in repayments/interest. Whos your finance with ? You should have asked on this site!!! I used Asset 91 who at the time I found quite reasonable.

I have his number if you want it. There is nothing to stop you switching your finance over to another company altho there may be a redemption penalty, but work out the penalty against the savings you could make!!!

I bought my Fridge Trailer for £15000 using a personal loan of £12000, I told the loan company it was for a car. Interest over 4 yrs was 6%!!!

Can I be cheeky and ask how many years you have it over ?
I really do think you are paying over the odds. So what will the truck cost you in the end ?

If he’s quick enough he could get on the bell and cancel it. They should allow you a 14 day cooling off period iirc :question:

I too would go down the personal loan route as there are some pretty low rates out there; Alliance & Leicester being one of them. :bulb:

Routier, my finance is with Volvo its self, the trailer is with Park asset finance. With all the bits done, GAP,driveline + warranty,admin + docs and including vat is £31,343 less £5,530 depoist is £25,813 over 36 months.Perhap’s i could get a better deal,but there comes a time when you’ve got stop ringing around, and make a decision. Any imformation you have, on good finance companies or any valuable info, this is the place to let people know. We went down the road of personel loans, but our accountant advice was use finance companies for vat and tax reasons.
Does anyone know of Morrison Freight based in Ipswich? Good or bad ?

topcat:
Routier, my finance is with Volvo its self, the trailer is with Park asset finance. With all the bits done, GAP,driveline + warranty,admin + docs and including vat is £31,343 less £5,530 depoist is £25,813 over 36 months.Perhap’s i could get a better deal,but there comes a time when you’ve got stop ringing around, and make a decision. Any imformation you have, on good finance companies or any valuable info, this is the place to let people know. We went down the road of personel loans, but our accountant advice was use finance companies for vat and tax reasons.
Does anyone know of Morrison Freight based in Ipswich? Good or bad ?

Aseet 91, ask for Ken Cook, 01603 812 612, I found them good, honest and gave me some good deals. Keep away from Cattles Commercial Vehicle Finance, RIP OFFS!
I understand what your accountant is saying as you can claim the cost back but you can also claim the cost back thru personal loan as u have used the money for your business.

Im hoping you didnt take add the VAT onto the loan !!! you get this back!!

As you will be paying the interest on it. You should claim the VAT back on your next return and if you have timed it right in your VAT quarter then you wont have to wait too long. As rule of thumb any big purchases that I made was always in the last month of my VAT quarter , that way I didnt have to wait too long to get the money back to pay off the outlay!

Your Driveline, which I assume is in addition to the 3 months that Volvo provide and should only commence after Volvos 3 months has expired should not have cost you any more than £500 MAX!!! Is it Driveline + ■■?, not just engine , axle,gearbox ■■

I paid Keltruck £900 for the year which included everything on my scania. I did it when I found out the Steering Box on the Scania was knackered and was quoted £1500 + Vat + Labour to fit a new one!! So I took out the warranty which covered it and saved well over £600!! It doesnt cover wear and tear ( clutch /brakes/tyres) but does cover everything else. Well worth it.

GAP insurance, Yes worth having but again shouldnt have cost that much.

I think you have a great truck (Volvos in my book are second to none, well better than Scania) Are you sure you have your figures correct because if thats a straight deal including the VAT the you have only been charged £2900 in interest which is good !!!

Have you gone 3+3 ? 3 months deposit by 3 months up front ? You will have to pay 5% of the value of truck at the end ?

If not I think, yep you have done good, your truck +driveline, total cost and reapyments is not that far out from the lenders
£25000 over 36 months: 5.7% APR £755.43 MONTHLY PAYMENT
INTEREST £2,195 TOTAL REPAYMENT =£27,195 with Money Back Loan

How much was your trailer ?

Morrision Freight, not heard bad about them, was going to go on for them before deciding to call it a day! Still get emails offering me work, do alot to Germany! Rates werent bad (at the time)and they have been around long enuff, am sure they r OK.

They do backloads from Germany ( one way) but this is where all Companies make their money as rates arent bad, just bad going out!! So you would be better off doing round trips!

If you are looking for Euro Work and as you have your own trailer, may I suggest that you try Teleroute to get your loads out of UK? Loads coming bak for a Euroliner are plentiful so dont be tied to a company who says I can get you a back load as well cos hes making a few quid out of you. You will get more doin it yourself. If you can get near Lux You can fill up thois 1000 litre tanks for approx £520!!! almost half to what its here!

Im excited for you!!!

Trailer first; £8500 plus vat =£9987.50 less depoist £1997.50
=£7990 by 36 months =£221.94 +38.83=£260.78 p/m.
Truck ; I got driveline + ( cover’s quite alot !!!) , simply paid 20% of truck then 36 monthly payments of remainder , GAP is roughly £20 p/m
The final insurance price was truck full comp £3,141.34 .GIT including full Italian/greek theft and IPT @5% £965.
Morrison roundtrip rates eg; north uk to Hamburg £1150 plus reimburse all Maut tax . North to Milan £2100 based on 1 coll 1 del £25 each additionals Payments on 30 days or 10 days @ 3.5% discount.