George (Funnyfut) Pitcher

i used to look at the old “where are we going this week” threads, just to make sure i couldn’t bump into him around peterborough :laughing:

only joking sean, i think :laughing: :laughing:

Just got back from the Mac day centre and I can’t believe it THE SITES STILL UP AND RUNNING :open_mouth:
Perhaps Jonah has lost his touch :laughing: :wink:

George you want to get hold of some comedy scriptwriters and tell them about your trip to DWP, you might get a bit of royalties out of it. You really couldn’t make it up.

You impress the heck out of me evey time I read one of your posts.

You’re gonna have to put

Go for a ride on a trike

on your list of “to do”

Thanks Sean, it’s up near the top after sky diving and bunji jumping :laughing:
I’ll make sure that I have full body armour, but where do I put my wheel chair :confused:

funnyfut:
I’ll make sure that I have full body armour, but where do I put my wheel chair :confused:

I’ve got some ratchet straps so I reckon we can strap it to the frame on the back (along with the fishing rods) :wink: :laughing:

I have just read this,:cry: :cry: George I’m very sorry I…I…i…don’t know what to say.
You sound like a very courageous guy, keep on fighting.

Thanks Steve it’s one of those things that you never think will happen to you, rather like meeting Sean at the docks then going to your delivery and breaking down 2 miles up the road and having to be towed in :slight_smile:
I am off to the nurse today to have my 3 monthly implant into my stomach, which helps to slow the cancer growth down. The best bit is when she says “now don’t tense your muscules” this is whilst she is holding a syringe with a 6" needle :open_mouth:
The last few days have been good ones I have managed to get out and I have even managed to walk around the garden as the weather has been good. I am getting about in my new mobility car, it took a while to get used to but now I can drive down to the village and the hoist in the back enables me to use my wheel chair to go around the shops.
Just a reminder on Friday 26th Sainsbury’s Asda and a lot of the other supermarkets are giving 10p to Macmillan for every hot drink they sell that day.
I could not manage without them so if any of you get the chance buy a cuppa on Friday.
Safe driving all
George

funnyfut:
Thanks Steve it’s one of those things that you never think will happen to you, rather like meeting Sean at the docks then going to your delivery and breaking down 2 miles up the road and having to be towed in :slight_smile:

:open_mouth:

You know, A man could get a complex with all this inuendo :wink: :laughing:

What do you mean “could get a complex” I remember when a fellow driver just saw you going the other way and he broke down a few miles later :open_mouth:
I have had my new Zoladex implant painful but seems to be working, I still get the hot flushes so I can sympathise with the ladies :blush: :blush:

funnyfut:
What do you mean “could get a complex” I remember when a fellow driver just saw you going the other way and he broke down a few miles later :open_mouth:
I have had my new Zoladex implant painful but seems to be working, I still get the hot flushes so I can sympathise with the ladies :blush: :blush:

are you sure thats not HRT they’re giving you george :laughing: :laughing:

In a way I wish it were Steve then maybe the flushes would be less, I’ve got my Mac nurse coming later to massage my hips and legs so I hope I don’t have a hot flush then :blush:
The DWP are still refusing to pay my incapacity benefit just paying my stamp :imp: even though I will probably not be around to collect my pension :cry: . They say it is because in 2004 I did not pay enough NI so I am not entitled to any benefits other than my disability living allowance as I cannot work because of my illness :open_mouth:
When I said ok I will try for a job they said I can’t because of my disability :confused: so I cannot win. The Macmillan society are taking up my case for me as the stress (me losing temper) causes my body to react against the drugs :unamused:
It is just as well I am not desperate as I really do not know how other people survive.
Any way hope you are doing ok Steve and not too bored

apply for income support george, thats what i’m on
its the catch all for if you aren’t eligible for incapacity or jobseekers
i hadn’t got enough stamps because i never claimed dole when i used to have a few months off every couple of years.
i’ve pm’d you what i’m getting, you should at least get that, and you shouldn’t be paying for prescriptions, i’m not.

try looking here George

entitledto.co.uk/

Thanks both of you, my Macmillan nurse is taking it up with the DWP especially as I have the letter from them stating after my doctors report I need not send any more certificates in as I am terminally ill :question:
I will keep you informed
Safe journey
George

funnyfut:

Oh yeah I forgot about all the other incidents (it’s amazing how the human mind works sometimes) :blush: :blush:

It has carried over to my new work as well,I was driving a clients new (4 weeks old) vehicle a couple of weeks ago when white van man on his mobile “rammed” the front offside as he changed lanes without looking/indicating or any other precaution us pro drivers would’ve taken :unamused:

We asked TFL for a copy of the CCTV footage as there was a camera facing directly at the scene but after 2 hours of runaround ringing different departments
were eventually told

“The camera only provides a live feed and doesn’t record”

Bovine Excretia methinks

Steve
Thanks for the call and to let you all know I am now getting income support, even after I spoke to Sean (Jonah1) :laughing:
The Macmillan are now giving me hydrotherapy as well as the reflexology which is really helping the bone and joints move with only a little amount of pain. All in all not a bad week especially as it was my birthday yesterday 5th and I went for a meal at a well known Eaters in Horsham who decided that my wheelchair was causing an obstruction and made us sit by the entrance :angry: This caused me a problem as the cold makes my bones really hurt and every time someone opened the door I got a cold blast :cry: I got my own back though as I went out the door which was stiff I “accidentely” hit the bottom glass panel with the foot rest and it shattered :smiling_imp: That will cost more than they got off of me for the meal :smiley:
I am in hospital for a couple of days this week so I will let you know the outcome
safe journey everyone
George

A belated Happy Birthday George!
I hope your hospital stay goes quickly. :wink:

anytime george,
anything that makes things a little easier for you is worth the effort.
good luck in hospital and a belated happy birthday, hope theres many more of them

Good luck this week

Happy Birthday for yesterday also happy birthday Rikki :laughing: