FURLOUGH

Hope they enjoy any ill gotten gains, because you do not defraud HMRC or the vatman, if they get caught, and i have no doubt the various depts will be cross co-ordinating information, the result will not be funny.

Same as that bod just sentenced to 8 years for enslaving various poor sods, they’ve seized near enough £120k in ill gotten gains, and still owing £140k when he gets out of prison.

Zac_A:
I know we don’t have any legal eagles here, but just out of interest I thought I’d share:
I’ve been made aware of a company, I won’t name them, who are claiming the 80% furlough for their employees while most of them have been doing some work from home, some of them pretty much full time from home, but now some of these folk are actually back at work doing what equates to their normal routine but haven’t been notified that they are off furlough so we can assume that the compnay is still claiming, all “for the good of keeping the company afloat”.

I’m not surprised by this kind of thing, but it does seem uncomfortably like the kind of old-fashioned exploitation which was the norm in my youth.

Nobody direct except anyone who has defrauded the government will have to pay back anything
You your kids and grandchildren and there kids will pay it back in some form over many years, a slight increase here and there and everywhere in everything

==============

Mod’s Edit
:bulb: Please put your reply outside (= after) what you’ve quoted. dd.

Kid next door is still on it , from what my mrs says he just sits in garden sunbathing & drinking beer , no interest at all in work , he told me he was given option of working or furloughed , chose furloughed
Never mind will they go back they won’t want to

There are some other financial dangers here that people should be aware of:

If you go from Full Time Job to Furlough (paid) and you take a second job, then not only are you going to be whacked for top-rate tax most likely,
but if that “new” job blows up in your face the same as the OLD one did (which is a distinct possibility, if you think about it…)

Then come say, Christmas and you get let go…

…First of all - you’ll not get any notice. That’s a lot of things to get done very quickly at Christmas Time when those you’d need to be out meeting and greeting are already in Christmas wind-down mode. Then comes January when work is quiet in this line of business anyways…
Then your furlough pay drops dead on what? Haloween?
Having worked flat-out across say, Autumn - Your earnings will be high enough that you get no money until the new year if you sign-on for Universal Credit (last month’s earnings count against you for the first payment…)
and such a “JobLoser” might find themselves on “Jobseeker’s Allowance” instead, which is rather less than Universal Credit pays, especially if you are the only working person in the household already.
Your “2nd Job” started after the lockdown started. There won’t be much comeback with regards to built-up Severance Pay or even Redundancy, bearing in mind it is invariably going to be the government minimum, if the firm is in danger of going insolvent, which presumably is going to be the case…
Then there’s the possibility of “Employer Abuse” where they are not anywhere near insolvent, still have plenty of work etc. - but just want to turn over their entire staff, so their regulars don’t start getting pushy with their rates… “Be mean and keep 'em keen” kinda thing. :neutral_face:

If you see everyone around you getting the bullet - the last thing you’re gonna say when called into the office - is “Can I have a payrise please boss… I’ve not had one for three years now…”

Ziltoid:

Conor:
unless there’s anything in your contract about not working elsewhere there’s nothing stopping you working for another company whilst you’re still furloughed at your current job and you can still receive your furlough pay as well as your new wage :wink:

This is what I’d be trying to do in your situation. Milk it for all it’s worth!!

Sad ■■■■.png

Although it is not against the furlough rules to work elsewhere whilst furloughed, you should check your contract of employment as there may be a clause preventing this. Obviously it will show up on your driver’s card if it is ‘proper’ driving. :smiley:

I was furloughed for 7 weeks. Personally it was no hardship to get 80% of my wages, whilst enjoying the weather and spending more time with my daughter. :smiley:

Being paid the double wage works fine - unless and until you end up losing BOTH jobs once this is all over.
It’ll be too late to claim UC by that point, and you wouldn’t qualify for it, because your previous month’s earnings will be too far over £2500 per month (payment over and above this - carries forward to the following month for calculating UC purposes) That would mean going around 8-9 weeks at least without a penny coming in if you found yourself later in the year falling on your arse, out of work without even being told for a number of days. Whilst it didn’t take me long to get another job once I knew I wouldn’t be going back to the old one, I still snarl at the lies told me to waste those 10 days like I did, not knowing one way or the other, even verbally. I was led to believe that I’d been stood down alongside all the other ZHC PAYE drivers, some of which I hear got paid the full furlough even working for the same agency as I did, and in fact still do officially, as I’m still on their books…

This could turn into a very bad Christmas for those people who think they’ve got it licked right now.

It only takes “Black Swan Part Deux” to commence - which will be signalled by a failure of a multi-billion firm that employers thousands of people in the near future - in THIS country, - forget America.

Trump’s already got the American economy to turn the corner, what with last Friday’s Non-Farm Payroll figure being some 2.5 million jobs created rather than the anticipated 8 million jobs lost - which was what the market had expected of Trump’s Stewardship of the Economy there…

(Data Here)

Winseer:
Being paid the double wage works fine - unless and until you end up losing BOTH jobs once this is all over.
It’ll be too late to claim UC by that point, and you wouldn’t qualify for it, because your previous month’s earnings will be too far over £2500 per month (payment over and above this - carries forward to the following month for calculating UC purposes) That would mean going around 8-9 weeks at least without a penny coming in if you found yourself later in the year falling on your arse, out of work without even being told for a number of days. Whilst it didn’t take me long to get another job once I knew I wouldn’t be going back to the old one, I still snarl at the lies told me to waste those 10 days like I did, not knowing one way or the other, even verbally. I was led to believe that I’d been stood down alongside all the other ZHC PAYE drivers, some of which I hear got paid the full furlough even working for the same agency as I did, and in fact still do officially, as I’m still on their books…

This could turn into a very bad Christmas for those people who think they’ve got it licked right now.

It only takes “Black Swan Part Deux” to commence - which will be signalled by a failure of a multi-billion firm that employers thousands of people in the near future - in THIS country, - forget America.

Trump’s already got the American economy to turn the corner, what with last Friday’s Non-Farm Payroll figure being some 2.5 million jobs created rather than the anticipated 8 million jobs lost - which was what the market had expected of Trump’s Stewardship of the Economy there…
https://www.fxstreet.com/economic-calendar
(Data Here)

It is seriously time to let it go now!

tmcassett:

Just let him ramble and don’t reply. We were doing well until you broke ranks and wrote that! All his other posts over the past week had been completely ignored and no replies - exactly as it should be.

R420:

tmcassett:

Just let him ramble and don’t reply. We were doing well until you broke ranks and wrote that! All his other posts over the past week had been completely ignored and no replies - exactly as it should be.

I might be wrong as I don’t read every post in great detail but I don’t recall him bringing up the “agency screwing me over” rant until this.

R420:

tmcassett:

Just add him to your ignore list and his posts disappear and woosh by

peirre:

R420:

tmcassett:

Just add him to your ignore list and his posts disappear and woosh by

Who ? Oh whinger

Sent while in furlough

There’s a TDS-type thing to this… If I’m correct about something, I’ll be ignored, and if I’m wrong about something, I’ll be trolled relentlessly for not being part of the “Cool Gang” with their ten bensons at the back of the school bus…