Fridged Freight

Some more old stuff turned up

Hello LB
One of our drivers left a trucking mag in the garage the other day , It had an article in it on fridge freight .Great .
I remember seeing the volvos on the road but the first time i saw an AEC was in a book ,It was on the AEC mandator ,incidentlly the one on the front cover of that book is one of ours .We never got to Italy with them but its nice to see someone did they were great motors .
We didnt go to Italy until we got the turbortar years latter .
I notice you were on ashworths thread the other day .Im writing a book on wool haulage ,someone needs to write one on Fridge Freight it will make great reading .
p.s . well done with the AEC rebuild .I have an 8 wheeler mk5 waiting to be restored .

i agree with scud a book about fridged freight would be very interesting i really enjoy the articles and pics that appear in t&d on fridged freight to be honest its been the only reason ive bought the mag latley

Carl:
i agree with scud a book about fridged freight would be very interesting i really enjoy the articles and pics that appear in t&d on fridged freight to be honest its been the only reason ive bought the mag latley

Go back a few pages its in the pipeline i`ve ordered mine already :smiley:

You will top of the list “Ramone”

ramone where you ordered it from mate :wink:

Carl:
ramone where you ordered it from mate :wink:

I ordered it from Bill (LB76) on here ask him nicely im sure youll get 1

scud:
Hello LB
One of our drivers left a trucking mag in the garage the other day , It had an article in it on fridge freight .Great .
I remember seeing the volvos on the road but the first time i saw an AEC was in a book ,It was on the AEC mandator ,incidentlly the one on the front cover of that book is one of ours .We never got to Italy with them but its nice to see someone did they were great motors .
We didnt go to Italy until we got the turbortar years latter .
I notice you were on ashworths thread the other day .Im writing a book on wool haulage ,someone needs to write one on Fridge Freight it will make great reading .
p.s . well done with the AEC rebuild .I have an 8 wheeler mk5 waiting to be restored .

Which company do you run scud ,and the 8 wheeler AEC isn`t 1 of Longs by any remote chance is it ?

Our buisness was Arthur Brent and son ,the aec we have was one of Harold Woods, its a mk5 with the 690 wet liner in .We have had it about 20yrs.

scud:
Our buisness was Arthur Brent and son ,the aec we have was one of Harold Woods, its a mk5 with the 690 wet liner in .We have had it about 20yrs.

My dad worked for Harold Woods for a couple of years in the early 70s , i still havent seen a Longs motor thats survived ,i had my fingers crossed that you had 1

ramone:

scud:

My dad worked for Harold Woods for a couple of years in the early 70s , i still havent seen a Longs motor thats survived ,i had my fingers crossed that you had 1

No sorry to disapoint ramone there used to be two mk5 units up at the brickworks in bingley they were henry longs motors but its all gone now ,too late . look on ashworth tread ?

scud:

ramone:

scud:

No sorry to disapoint ramone there used to be two mk5 units up at the brickworks in bingley they were henry longs motors but its all gone now ,too late . look on ashworth tread ?

like this 1?
sorry for hijacking your thread Bill just got carried away a bit

176 C04778.jpg

No problem mate,it keeps this thread up !

ramone:

scud:

ramone:

scud:

like this 1?

Good photo ramone, yes probably the same motor shame we carnt see the motor on the left thats loaded with wool ,the on on the right looks lick t loaded with heinz stuff on pallets as its not s heeted to the rear.

scud:

ramone:

scud:

ramone:

scud:

like this 1?

Good photo ramone, yes probably the same motor shame we carnt see the motor on the left thats loaded with wool ,the on on the right looks lick t loaded with heinz stuff on pallets as its not s heeted to the rear.
It could be Courtaulds it looks too high to be Heinz

ramone:

scud:

ramone:

scud:

like this 1?

Maybe put this pic on the r/s thread,good jobs done there.
regards dave.

dafdave:

ramone:

scud:

ramone:

scud:

like this 1?

Maybe put this pic on the r/s thread,good jobs done there.
regards dave.

I`m sure Dennis would find fault with it Dave :wink:

whats right looks right you cannot find much wrong with this ,an AECwith a sheeted load,good photo ramone.