France.

Grumpy_old_trucker:

AndieHyde:
“We went to the Sun because they are paying us the most for the story, which I think we deserve quite honestly”

And there we have it…

My thoughts exactly, plus more than a little attention seeking.

You’re right, I should get myself robbed more often.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Olog Hai:

claretmatt:
We went to the Sun because they are paying us the most for the story, which I think we deserve quite honestly.

I had a some sympathy for you and thought that the other posters were being over-harsh until I read that. How you can prostitute yourself to Murdoch’s low-rent, populist pandering excuse for a newspaper I have no idea. I think I’d rather be in The Guardian than in The Sun.

I’ve done nothing wrong.

Which includes taking Murdoch’s money.

In all “honesty”,
Those of a criminal intent who have the knowledge and abillity to obtain exotic chemicals and apply them are busy in clandestine laboratories making millions of dollars brewing methamphetamine.
The kind of criminal who robs truck drivers wouldnt/couldnt go to such sophistcated lengths when they can buy an ex commie block hand gun for a few Euros and simply point up your nose when you get out for a ■■■■.

I, like many of the good gentlemen of this forum, have tramped all over europe for many years and conclude that this whole “gassing” situation is complete ballcocks.

I met a man in a bar in Italy once near one of the old TIR hangouts, who gave me the old “I was gassed and robbed” sob story, then promptly walk into the house up the street with the red light in the window.

I trust that when you were taken into hospital after your “ordeal” , your blood toxicology report identified the agent used against you.

claretmatt:

Olog Hai:

claretmatt:
We went to the Sun because they are paying us the most for the story, which I think we deserve quite honestly.

I had a some sympathy for you and thought that the other posters were being over-harsh until I read that. How you can prostitute yourself to Murdoch’s low-rent, populist pandering excuse for a newspaper I have no idea. I think I’d rather be in The Guardian than in The Sun.

I’ve done nothing wrong.

‘Wrong’, no. Embarrass yourself, yes.

AndieHyde:
In all “honesty”,
Those of a criminal intent who have the knowledge and abillity to obtain exotic chemicals and apply them are busy in clandestine laboratories making millions of dollars brewing methamphetamine.
The kind of criminal who robs truck drivers wouldnt/couldnt go to such sophistcated lengths when they can buy an ex commie block hand gun for a few Euros and simply point up your nose when you get out for a ■■■■.

I, like many of the good gentlemen of this forum, have tramped all over europe for many years and conclude that this whole “gassing” situation is complete ballcocks.

I met a man in a bar in Italy once near one of the old TIR hangouts, who gave me the old “I was gassed and robbed” sob story, then promptly walk into the house up the street with the red light in the window.

I trust that when you were taken into hospital after your “ordeal” , your blood toxicology report identified the agent used against you.

I have to agree wholeheartedly.
I spent 26 years running Europe, I met quite a few drivers over the years that claimed to have been “gassed”, all of them without exception were the types that never had any money and were always on the cadge if you know what I mean.
Strangely the OP is selling “story’s” for money, the 2017 version of “on the cadge” it seems!

claretmatt:

del trotter:

claretmatt:
Drive,

:unamused:
Says it all.

Unfortunately, all the other names I wanted to call you are blocked.

Why, because we don’t kiss your arse just because you have sold some ■■■■■■■■ story to a rag most people wouldn’t give house room to, wow, precious or what princess.

claretmatt:
There were at least 8 wagons that the French police were aware of that were hit that night. I was parked about 50 miles away from the chap I work with in Aire de Barralle.

I honestly don’t know how they managed to keep all of us asleep while they smashed the door locks and robbed us, but I find it difficult to accept that none of us woke up during, and in mine and my colleagues case, we spent the following morning in a state of confusion, with thumping headaches.

I realise that the internet is a toxic place and TruckNet is no exception, but I’m sure none of you would find it funny if you woke up and realised someone was in your cab with you while you were asleep. Anything could have happened.

All sympathy vanished when you took the scums money.Sorry.Sleep with dogs you get fleas. I

Harry Monk:
"Dear Mr Kirby,

Thank you for your enquiry. I would like to inform you that you are not the first enquirer with this question. Professor Hatch, our Clinical Advisor, has given the following previous comments:

"I can give you a categorical assurance that it would not be possible to render someone unconscious with ether without their knowledge, even if they were sleeping at the time. Ether is an extremely pungent agent and a relatively weak anaesthetic by modern standards and has a very irritant affect of the air passages, causing coughing and sometimes vomiting. It takes some time to reach unconsciousness, even if given by direct application to the face on a rag, and the concentration needed by some sort of spray into a room would be enormous. The smell hangs around for days

Maybe replacing Ether with Trichloroethylene in that case might explain it. :bulb: On that note we never went into the well ventilated and extracted factory degreaser room,let alone if it was put into the confines of a truck cab,without having someone standing by outside with orders to raise the alarm and check on us if we never came out within around 10 minutes or less.

I don’t get this sun hate. Don’t get me wrong it’s an awful rag full of lies. I’ve never opened one to do more than look at the ■■■■. Certainly never bought one. But if I was selling a story and they offered the most dosh. I’d take it.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Id have thought people smugglers main revenue stream comes from smuggling people?

switchlogic:
Id have thought people smugglers main revenue stream comes from smuggling people?

On the one hand thats a good point, but since all the clandestines around Calais are, or seem to be, dirt poor it may not be that simple? Poor people wont fund the smugglers too well.
Maybe the smugglers do a bit of highway robbery in order fund themselves, so they can donate their expertise freely to those poor needy individuals stood at the roadside? Even violent thieving ■■■■■■■■ may have a cuddly philanthropic side??

:confused:

My experience of being gassed was self inflicted!
Swiss, middle of winter, before night heaters, woke up one morning, seriously sub “C”, ice on the inside of the windows and water container inside the cab frozen solid etc, reached out of my two sleeping bags to fire up my little camping gas burner, fired it up… then promptly fell back to sleep. Woke up a short time later, flame had gone out, gas was still pumping out the cylinder and Jesus, my head was BANGING!
Like many, I have heard the tales of drivers being externally “gassed”, its certainly nothing new, not sure if I believe it or not.
Why would you seek publicity and sell your tale?

del trotter:

claretmatt:

del trotter:

claretmatt:
Drive,

:unamused:
Says it all.

Unfortunately, all the other names I wanted to call you are blocked.

Why, because we don’t kiss your arse just because you have sold some [zb] story to a rag most people wouldn’t give house room to, wow, precious or what princess.

No because ur just jealous he/she got more from the sun than you make in wages a month.■■■■■■

claretmatt:

del trotter:

claretmatt:
Look out in the Sun in the next day or two,

Look out in the Sun, like anybody reads that [zb].

Thanks for your input Drive, you have a good one.

Another ■■■■■■■■ about “hope ur ok DRIVE :wink:

halewood:

claretmatt:
There were at least 8 wagons that the French police were aware of that were hit that night. I was parked about 50 miles away from the chap I work with in Aire de Barralle.

I honestly don’t know how they managed to keep all of us asleep while they smashed the door locks and robbed us, but I find it difficult to accept that none of us woke up during, and in mine and my colleagues case, we spent the following morning in a state of confusion, with thumping headaches.

I realise that the internet is a toxic place and TruckNet is no exception, but I’m sure none of you would find it funny if you woke up and realised someone was in your cab with you while you were asleep. Anything could have happened.

All sympathy vanished when you took the scums money.Sorry.Sleep with dogs you get fleas. I

Bore off…:arrow_up: