Fed up

So do I. As I also did in my previous career. Some idea of providing a service…?

No wonder we’ve got problems if you think that’s ok, it’s not a question of getting paid regardless it’s just typical of what some people in this country have become. As already said jobsworths and using H&S to be bloody lazy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don’t get paid off the council Rog for picking up broken glass bottles left lying around for dogs paws to get shredded.

I don’t get paid off Highways England if I help someone who is involved in a car accident.

Examiners and instructors make a living out of training. Clearly it’s all about the money with you lot and nothing about having genuine passion and effort in helping newbies get that licence if they cannot be arsed brushing some bleeding snow.

EXTREMELY DISSAPOINTING RESPONSE IN MY VIEW ROG.

I’m not sure if this is still the case, but test centres used to have mini tractors for the purposes of clearing a small amount of snow from the area - and some examiners were trained to use them. In truth, I cant recall this ever happening - but that certainly was the case some years ago.

The DVSA have a monopoly on the provision of driving tests to the public and, as a result, it’s difficult for them to adopt a “can do” attitude. But, without a doubt, things are improving as we talk to them and stuff actually happens. Years ago this would never have been the case.

I sympathise with anyone on the wrong end of these decisions but it’s an unfortunate fact of life during the winter months.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

neil2402:

ROG:
Who should sweep the reversing area :question:

Anybody with an ounce of common sense who are not afraid of ten minutes manual labour in the cold. :unamused:

+1…though perish the thought that someone could just lob out a dozen cones into the carpark and utter the words…reverse round that lot and il decide on your ability from there mate,because being a driving test examiner i should have a degree of skill in assessing your driving skills anyway…near enough will be good enough in such abnormal conditions.

I really do despair sometimes! i wonder what sort of world my children are going to grow up in. I have tried to teach them both that it is all of our responsibility to muck in and make life better for everyone!
OK, if you are not prepared to assist outside your “normal” area of responsibility because you can’t walk in a bit of snow without falling flat on your arse, then i suggest that you go home and have a day off without pay! at the end of the day myself and others like me as tax payers have now paid for you to sit in your nice warm test centre for a day drinking coffee and watching youtube! I have taken a days holiday to take my test because a lot of you don’t work weekends. I have used fuel to get to the test centre and who will reimburse my for my losses? For gods sake grow some balls and use your common sense! the next thing we will hear is that you are all moaning because you have a days worth of tests to try and squeeze in to your allready BUSY schedule!
As i said, i don’t blame the individual but it seems to me that any excuse will do! maybe i’m being harsh but as you can most probably tell, this issue has really got under my skin! I have a new test date but the issue is with this damm H&S culture we now live in!
End of rant :smiley:

You make valid points Neil.

The problem as I see it is this; We now live in a country where people feel they have to be ’ rewarded ’ for every action. And the reward that most people seek is financial gain.

Celebrity culture, American suing culture and general bone idleness are the main factors which have made us into predominantly selfish society. Many moons ago a baker would trade with a blacksmith. A carpenter would help you in return for the thatcher fixing your roof.

Neighbours would watch out for one another just as soldiers do. We have various other communities which have settled here and that also leads to fragmentation and mistrust.

Add all these ingredients into the pot, and basically you end up with people who don’t give a toss about anyone else, and EXPECT payment for just putting a little bit of effort in to help others.

There will inevitably be someone who will mention health & safety and insurance issues. " What if I fall over and hurt myself whilst clearing snow? Will I get in trouble? Can I claim sick pay? " It boils down to people simply having no back bone a lot of the time.

If I was an examiner I would clear the area. Why? Because I respect people who are making the effort to get tested and involving cost to themselves. If I got in trouble for respecting other people then they can shove the job up their bone idle arse.

Well the day of my ( 1st ) test a few years ago like you got to test centre after having a quick lesson before hand np answered the questions lines up fro reverse placed into gear was checking my mirrors when a knock on the door only to be told the test was cancelled as the snow had covered the yard in that time & was still snowing

Next test it had been snowing the day before so was ready for it got into the yard done couple reverse practice but before we left the yard had a call to say test was cancelled next test was cancelled due to instructor taking his test next test cancelled due to examiner having a heart attack that morning

Does anyone really think an examiner sits there drinking tea. One of my best friends is an examiner. He tells me about how his bosses demand the tests go.
Examiners want candidates to pass but many candidates don’t seem to want it as much.

As regards snow and ice decisions are made miles above the DE (driving examiner)

It’s not you and them. You’re in the same team