Eu referendum whats your vote

Remain.Ihave always voted that way.

Shirtbox2003/Whisperingsmith,
Ha!! I just knew it, wanting to vote after all is done and dusted.
Sorry chaps, votes over and leave won the day :smiley:
It was noted however that a half hearted vote was made by Bewick :confused:

PS. I wonder how we all feel now after Mrs Mays slap down, ■■? Harvey

Lord Palmerston certainly wouldn’t have stood for it. ■■■■ cheeky foreigners how dare they be rude to our Prime Minister, they can’t even speak the Queen’s English properly either. Send a gunboat! :smiley:

cav551:
Lord Palmerston certainly wouldn’t have stood for it. ■■■■ cheeky foreigners how dare they be rude to our Prime Minister, they can’t even speak the Queen’s English properly either. Send a gunboat! :smiley:

What gunboat? Surely not that bloody great white elephant of an aircraft carrier which has no planes to fly off it. :unamused:

Doesn’t matter anyway, does it? She’s obviously deaf or totally stupid or maybe both or neither but just desperate.

The EU hasn’t changed its position from the off. Why on earth does she expect it to? Why should they? It’s Britain that wants to leave, not it.

The EU has always said, free movement and no customs, which means in Ireland as well. They all say it, in English too, what is there not to understand? She even agreed to the backstop at one point, NI in the customs union and a border down the Irish sea. How could she say such a thing? Obviously totally unacceptable, it’s what the IRA were killing for for all those years.

I must admit though that when I saw that map on the tv with the line drawn between Ireland and GB I did think for a moment, why not continue it along the Scottish border too and let Little England and Little Wales stew in their own lonely little juices ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sadly though, even in those countries, nearly half of the people did not vote for isolation, so they would be condemned along with the willing. :frowning:

I think the only thing we shall ever agree upon is that May is a complete liability. When she appointed Davis she should have then subsequently kept her nose out and left the frogs etc to deal with him and him alone. What annoys those of us who voted out is that she said she was drawing a red line under certain issues, but no-one trusts her not to renage on that promise. We already have this ‘transition period’ fudge hanging over departure and the likelihood that the ‘red line’ will be painted over during that period. Or perhaps more pertinent, the second referendum comes about because the ‘People’s Vote’ campaign gets enough MPs worried about their ability to keep their noses in the trough. (Funny that, how the remoaners consider themselves ‘people’ and all the leavers ‘knuckle draggers’)

The only good thing to come out of yesterday was May’s reminder that the UK is working on byeeee in March next year, full stop. Now that might just concentrate the mind of the shekel gloaters in the EU that they ain’t getting their divorce money. The cloggies are already having kittens over potentially losing their dairy sales to the UK.The Herren will also have to dig deeper into their pockets if Britain decides that while it is in our interest to have British troops still stationed in Germany, the full financial cost will have to be met by the hosts.

If I were May I would tell Michel Barnier you come to us, we have made all the running its your turn now and before any one pipes up and says the EU don’t have too we all know that already but if they want an agreement as they preach she is in No10 come and see her there, Buzzer.

42266486_2083638344981760_5949564216552718336_n.png

De Gaulle said ‘Non, you cannot join.’ Macron says ‘Non, you cannot leave!’

We seem to have bent over backwards (or possibly forwards!) to accommodate them both.

They just say no.

‘Please sir, may I leave?’

‘No.’

‘Why sir?’

‘You haven’t come up with a good enough plan to leave.’

‘What plan should we come up with?’

‘That is for you to find out!’

Simplified, slightly, that seems to me to be the position. I have sympathy with Spardo and others in his position, but I suspect that in 5 years, or less, he and others like him will be grateful that his pension is paid in Pounds.

I could be wrong. So can Spardo - and Carney. Carney did well in Canada, but his crystal ball gazing is on a level with George Osborne’s.

As FDR said: ‘The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.’

John.

John West:
De Gaulle said ‘Non, you cannot join.’ Macron says ‘Non, you cannot leave!’

We seem to have bent over backwards (or possibly forwards!) to accommodate them both.

They just say no.

‘Please sir, may I leave?’

‘No.’

‘Why sir?’

‘You haven’t come up with a good enough plan to leave.’

‘What plan should we come up with?’

‘That is for you to find out!’

Simplified, slightly, that seems to me to be the position. I have sympathy with Spardo and others in his position, but I suspect that in 5 years, or less, he and others like him will be grateful that his pension is paid in Pounds.

I could be wrong. So can Spardo - and Carney. Carney did well in Canada, but his crystal ball gazing is on a level with George Osborne’s.

As FDR said: ‘The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.’

John.

Your opinion John but you have got one thing glaringly wrong, this:

Simplified, slightly,

wrong because you have simplified greatly, unless of course you want to go out alone into the world seeking agreements having just broken a binding treaty with the EU. You can leave whenever you want, with or without a deal, but the agreed motions, and payments, have to be gone though, and paid, before you do.

Renege on that, and no-one else will trust you.

I do thank you for your sympathy, well meant no doubt, but misplaced. I wouldn’t be pleased with the position of the pound, I’m sure, but in any case by that time I will be past caring. :wink: :laughing:

I could have written down what the finale outcome would be the day after the referendum result was announced ! There was no way the ■■■■■■■■ at the EU were ever going to make it easy for the UK to leave ! Doh! wrong result ! But if you have exhausted every avenue in negotiations and we have gone far further to meet the EU demands and this is still unacceptable what is left ? Just tell them to stick it and walk away. Nothing wrong with that as it is the prerogative of either side in any negotiation ! Spardos claim that no one will trust us again is Bollox as over the centuries we have proved to “head and shoulders” above any of the Europeans as regards honest integrity. As for the Southern Irish, well they have only proved to be consistent i.e. a pain in the arse for hundreds of years. If it was down to me I would just isolate them, close the ferry ports and airports, close the Border between the North and South and let the buggers sweat it out ! I have a feeling they would eventually see the sense of their “posturing” and interference in Brexit ! How come a population of 3 or 4 million can hold a nation of 63 million or so to ransom ? I believe Churchill came within an ace of invading the Republic during the second world war if Devalera hadn’t stopped allowing German Subs from docking at the height of the battle of the Atlantic ! Now that’s friendly neighbours for you ! Give them a well deserved dose of unpalatable medicine I say ! Extreme it may be but I am ■■■■■■■ sick of all this toeing and froing, when we voted to LEAVE so lets do just that and ■■■■ the EU. ! Bewick.

Another pretty picture for you David. Harvey

HRS:
Another pretty picture for you David. Harvey

Never a truer word said ! Bewick.

It looks like Jeremy’s gang are getting themselves into a knot over Brexit ! There is a clear division between the activists that are now at the centre of Labour and their core voters in the Midlands and North who had the good sense to vote OUT ! Plus Corbyn hates the EU but he is being made to “swallow” the line of the small gang of activists he has surrounded himself with Oh! dear! what a pickle he’s got himself into ! Great ! watch this space ! Bewick.

Corbins gang want to Nationalize the rail service which in some sectors aint working too well but if they do that the unions will be in charge and the whole blody thing will be a lot worse than it is today, just saying Buzzer.

What was the main reason so many Voted for Jeremy Corbyn.
The Pic Attached Says it All:

Well said Berwick, the sooner somebody puts the Irish PM in his box the better. What he is not taking on board is that it is Southern Ireland that has most to loose if there is no deal with the EU, but he’s just another Tony Blair who is looking further afield and a top job in the Eu when the Irish finally get rid of him…
[/quote]

Bewick:
It looks like Jeremy’s gang are getting themselves into a knot over Brexit ! There is a clear division between the activists that are now at the centre of Labour and their core voters in the Midlands and North who had the good sense to vote OUT ! Plus Corbyn hates the EU but he is being made to “swallow” the line of the small gang of activists he has surrounded himself with Oh! dear! what a pickle he’s got himself into ! Great ! watch this space ! Bewick.

I’m a Labour voter and a trade unionist and I don’t mind admitting to it
I voted leave firstly for democracy in which both my grandads fought for so I could live in a democratic country and secondly to stop the mass influx of cheap economic migrants who have assisted in keeping wages low and helping employers in eroding hard won pay and conditions
I left Stirlands in 2003 ( one of the best Transport firms regarding pay and conditions in the Midlands) to work for Imperial Tobacco it was a job I couldn’t refuse
When I left Stirlands we had just gone on to £10 per hour for a guaranteed 50 hour week weekend work was paid at overtime
We worked Monday to Friday Saturday and Sunday work was optional (unless your trunk started on a Weekend or you were running in on a Saturday or going up the road on a Sunday)
Premiums for working bank holiday
All the lorries were well maintained and we had a social club a company pension scheme
55 hours holiday pay
I was made redundant from Imperial Tobacco in April 2016 mostly due to interference from the EU
We all know Tobacco is harmful but so is eating too much fatty foods and too much drinking
The EU banned the sale of packets of 10 cigarettes ( this was roughly 25% of the manufacturing in Nottingham)
The EU banned the production of 12.5g and 25g pouches of hand rolled Tobacco (again around 25% of manufacturing in Nottingham)
The EU banned the production and sale of all Menthol cigarettes again a loss of production in Nottingham
Cigarettes and tobacco manufacturing was the mainstay of work at the Nottingham factory
So the outcome of all the banned products Imperial Tobacco made production ceased after a 127 years in Nottingham with the loss of over 600 highly paid jobs
I decided to go back driving lorries and I got a job with a local waste company as I didn’t fancy going back trampling after a 13 year absence from it
I was driving a walking floor artic doing 4 trips a day from Nottingham to Leicester and for the princely wage of £10.50 an hour
So with the help of cheap imported labour this has kept wages in the Road haulage industry stagnant along with the muppets who would rather drive a shiny new lorry than have a decent wage
The country voted to leave and the government should deliver it

Well said Gaz ! You are right about the Labour Leave constituencies I can’t see them changing their minds. It’s just these Momentum Corbynistas ( bunch of ■■■■■) that are making all the noise at the moment demanding " A peoples vote" which is just another name for a second referendum ( which they deny) in the outside hope that a second vote will produce the result that was expected originally, but the Remainers got a bloody great kick in “the Nads” and they have never got over it !! I honestly believe that Corbyn will also get a kicking at the next general election if he starts promoting a second vote, and of course there is also the possibility of a new breakaway Political Party being formed by those Labour MP’s that are going to forced into a de selection process by the Momentum activists. There is no way is the EU going to accept anything that Mother Teresa puts forward so it only remains for someone with backbone to tell those ■■■■■ at the EU to Foxtrot Oscar and we save £ 39 Billion and get on with ploughing our own furrow in the World !
Cheers Bewick.

Oh Dennis me lad are we ever going to see this promised land, all we have every day is scare mongering and the BBC I have to say is top of the list in this subject. Don’t understand why there are no reports at all telling us we will be far better off if we ever get out and why is this, there must be some opportunities for good news in the aftermath so why don’t the BBC and the like point this out with as much vigor as the scare tactics rather than doom and gloom every day.
IMHO things have gone far enough as far as negotiation is concerned because i believe what ever this country puts forward to the EU it will be rejected so we really ought to draw a line under any further discussions and just say thats it we have had enough we are leaving with out any aggreement as soon as we can so there, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Don’t understand why there are no reports at all telling us we will be far better off if we ever get out and why is this,

Could it possibly be because you won’t be better off? Why should people tell you differently if they don’t genuinely believe it?
A few of us have been posting in this thread what we believe to be true for a long time now, just because we are a very small minority here, don’t assume that we are wrong, maybe it is because most people don’t want to be insulted on a daily basis rather than have an intelligent discussion.

Spardo what I was getting at was the BBC and the like news corporations are one sided with there daily scaremongering, obviously the vote to leave by the majority was no coincidence, The vote was well publicized prior to it taking place in fact the government spent millions sending out information on the subject and remember they were the staunch remoaners and did not think for one moment it would go against there true wishes but they got a shock of a lifetime.
Those of us that voted to leave all believe we will be far better off after Brexit and I think we will or did I just imagen that, I don’t think so Buzzer,