Eu referendum whats your vote

Heinz57 jealousy I feel coming on just because you may not have either the knowledge nor the wit to compete with CF or Juddian plus your down right insulting to boot.

Realistically we should not be involved in the Euro elections and as you say we are leaving arnt we, well that’s what government says but they have lied many times during this process so there is no reason to think they wont again, its not over till the fat lady sings as they say.
Your point on voting, in Australia is it not compulsive to vote. The trouble here is that when we do vote our wishes are not carried out so hardly surprising the public think whats the point, Buzzer

If as predicted the Brexit party sweep the board doesn’t that show that the British population still want Brexit to happen ?

ramone:
If as predicted the Brexit party sweep the board doesn’t that show that the British population still want Brexit to happen ?

Depends how many can be arsed to vote I would think. A small poll either way would be meaningless.

Anyway, got my voting card this morning, you can be sure that I will be there to vote, even though I will just make it back from a 2,000 km round trip taking in the German border and Normandie. :smiley:

Buzzer:
Heinz57 jealousy I feel coming on just because you may not have either the knowledge nor the wit to compete with CF or Juddian plus your down right insulting to boot.

Realistically we should not be involved in the Euro elections and as you say we are leaving arnt we, well that’s what government says but they have lied many times during this process so there is no reason to think they wont again, its not over till the fat lady sings as they say.
Your point on voting, in Australia is it not compulsive to vote. The trouble here is that when we do vote our wishes are not carried out so hardly surprising the public think whats the point, Buzzer

No jealousy there at all Buzzer. The two of them have disappeared, Alice In Wonderland Style, down some conspiracy rabbit hole.

Anyone 2mm to the left of Genghis Khan is an Ultra Leftie according to Juddian.
As for CF’s pearls of wisdom, well, make of them what you will, but constant reference to the ‘Stinking Fourth Reich’ doesn’t inspire much credibility.

You’re right about Australia. Voting is compulsory. I’m not sure if I’d like that to be the case in the UK. I’d rather people just felt obliged to vote. It’s their lives after all. Whoever’s in Government has a direct affect on them.

But I’m 100% with you about the wishes of the people not being carried out. Politicians present themselves to be elected. They promise you anything you want . And then, when they’re elected, they get to Westminster, and it’s only then that the reality of politics hits them. They have to compromise, tow the party line and just go with whatever the Party wants.

Brexit has been a bit different because it’s so complicated. Bottom line though, the will of the people has not been carried through.

Compulsory voting is ok as long as there are three extra boxes on the ballot paper:-

H. Haven’t got a clue

D1 Don’t know

D2 Don’t care

Tyneside

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tyneside:
Compulsory voting is ok as long as there are three extra boxes on the ballot paper:-

H. Haven’t got a clue

D1 Don’t know

D2 Don’t care

Tyneside

tyneside:

H. Haven’t got a clue

D1 Don’t know

D2 Don’t care

Tyneside

And there, in a nutshell, is why compulsory voting doesn’t really work.

Everybody SHOULD vote, but not because they’ve been forced to. They should just get off their arses and vote because even in 2019 there are so many countries in the world that don’t allow a democratic vote. Thankfully, the UK isn’t one of them.

Just imagine . . . what if you weren’t allowed a vote? Would you want one?

dexxy57:

tyneside:

H. Haven’t got a clue

D1 Don’t know

D2 Don’t care

Tyneside

Everybody SHOULD vote, but not because they’ve been forced to. They should just get off their arses and vote because even in 2019 there are so many countries in the world that don’t allow a democratic vote. Thankfully, the UK isn’t one of them.

Heinz57 Its all very well being able here to have a democratic vote but a lot must feel what the hell is the point that when it is conducted the government don’t act on the result, that is why many think democracy in this country is long gone and as has been said before politicians are only out for there own financial being and nought else, Buzzer.

Buzzer:

dexxy57:

tyneside:

H. Haven’t got a clue

D1 Don’t know

D2 Don’t care

Tyneside

Heinz57 Its all very well being able here to have a democratic vote but a lot must feel what the hell is the point that when it is conducted the government don’t act on the result, that is why many think democracy in this country is long gone and as has been said before politicians are only out for there own financial being and nought else, Buzzer.

The point is that many people don’t vote simply through laziness, and, as I have said before, there should be one more box on the paper marked ‘Abstain’ for those who genuinely don’t want any of the others, but at least those who do will have been forced to make a positive choice.

I feel that the Aussies have got it right. I would love to have a vote, I have always taken part whatever my circumstances and wherever I was, which is why, possibly for the last time, I will be rushing back from Normandy to vote in the Euros on Sunday.

I heard something on the radio last night but didn’t get the name of the party that want a referendum on England leaving GB and being independent of the Welsh ,Scots and Irish , something the other countries involved would greet with open arms .I wonder how Ma Kranky feels about this?
Then comes the news that the EU are investigating Nigel Farage on expenses i wonder why ?

On the BBC news this morning there was a piece about voting slips for the Euro’s not either getting to the recipients in time or not being returned in time to be counted are you going to be disappointed Spardo, did your envelope have a NL stamp on it because if it did you may be one effected. Apparently they sent them via Holland as this was a cheaper option than Royal Mail, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
On the BBC news this morning there was a piece about voting slips for the Euro’s not either getting to the recipients in time or not being returned in time to be counted are you going to be disappointed Spardo, did your envelope have a NL stamp on it because if it did you may be one effected. Apparently they sent them via Holland as this was a cheaper option than Royal Mail, Buzzer.

No problem here Buzzer, I am not allowed to vote in England anymore. I vote here in France and got my cards direct from the Mayor a few days ago. Oh and I certainly won’t be voting for Marine or the Frexit bloke, who fails miserably in the polls and elections every time. Even Marine le Pen has dropped her Frexit policy now I think, probably nobody wants to repeat the ‘bordel’ of Brexit. :laughing:

Linguistic note. Bordel literally means brothel but is often used in slang fashion to mean a shambles or a ballsup. :slight_smile:

Spardo:

Buzzer:

No problem here Buzzer, I am not allowed to vote in England anymore. I vote here in France and got my cards direct from the Mayor a few days ago. Oh and I certainly won’t be voting for Marine or the Frexit bloke, who fails miserably in the polls and elections every time. Even Marine le Pen has dropped her Frexit policy now I think, probably nobody wants to repeat the ‘bordel’ of Brexit. :laughing:

Linguistic note. Bordel literally means brothel but is often used in slang fashion to mean a shambles or a ballsup. :slight_smile:

France wont leave as they and Germany run the balls up that is the EU

ramone:

So did Britain, but it still didn’t stop the inmates taking over the asylum there. In France and Germany, and just about everywhere else come to that, they’ve got more sense.

Spardo:

ramone:

So did Britain, but it still didn’t stop the inmates taking over the asylum there. In France and Germany, and just about everywhere else come to that, they’ve got more sense.

Yeah whatever

Spardo:

ramone:

No Britain never pulled the strings within the EU, try looking at the history of the EU

The formation of the EU began not long after WW2 had ended with various ideas and plans put forward, in 1946 Winston Churchill suggested a United States of Europe.
European countries began to see a way ahead for them to work together.
Starting with 6 nations, Italy, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg and West Germany the ECSC was formed and so began the centralised authority or Supranationalism that would govern Europe, the Schuman Declaration of 1950 was put in place which would see an end to war and enforce democracy among its members, The European Declaration or The Charter of the Community was finalised with the signing of the Treaty of Paris in 1951.
1958 and the birth of both the European Coal and Steel Community ( expired 2002 ) and European Atomic Energy Community ( still active ) through the signing of The Treaty Of Rome.
Prime minister Clemant Attlee stated in 1950 that the Labour government was not prepared to hand over this countries vital economic infrastructure to an undemocratic authority that is responsible to nobody, objection against joining the then named ECSC, was backed with concerns of possible disharmony between close trading allies the States and our former colonial territories.
In 1961 PM Macmillan sought membership of the EEC, though this was blocked in ‘61 and ‘67 by the French who claimed Britain was hostile to the European Project.
Britain finally got approval to join the EEC in 1973 after France dropped its objection, although Ted Heath signed the Treaty in 1971.
Britain was given its chance to voice its opinion in the form of a referendum in 1975, but this came as a result of division within Wilson’s cabinet as he faced criticism and objection, the public voted 67% in favour of remaining within the EEC, this decision to remain was backed by the new Tory leader Margaret Thatcher.
The Tories again became divided towards the EEC, and Thatcher became tedious of several European leaders, and was not in favour of the single currency, and on several occasions attacked the idea of too much power being centralised in Europe. In 1990 she objected to the French Presidents plans for increased integration.
This objection brought further unrest in the Tory camp and Pro Euro Micheal Heseltine challenged her leadership which she was forced from in Nov 1990.
Black Wednesday sept 1992 saw John Major pull the £ from the ERM, the system which would reduce exchange rates ahead of the single currency.
1993 was the start of the EU.
1997 brought us a Labour government and the Treacherous Tony Blair who cemented our future within the EU, conspired against the British public and secured his future within the EU elite, however Gordon Brown ruled Britain out of joining the single currency, this was achieved through a series of economic tests that were devised with Ed Balls in the back of a New York taxi.
2004 Rome and the resigning of the treaty, with an unconditional agreement among the leaders that referendums would be acceptable within a 2 year timescale, as the treaty was required to be assimilated into each nations laws.
Jack Straw announced our referendum would not be held until late 2006.
The referendum never appeared, within the limited timescale, Blair knew Britain held contempt towards the idea and holding a referendum would see the EU process come to a halt for all nations not just Britain.
Tony Blair removed laws from our system that would see him found guilty for acting against the people.
Everything from Blair’s first day in No.10 was corrupt, he was more than happy to walk away in 2007 as far as he was concerned he took away the rights of the common people for the good of the elite.

Mike Hestinks challenged Maggie but didn’t win, John Grey ousted her and call me Mike is still causing ructions.

Call me Nige has scared the living daylights out of the chosen few!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grumpy Dad:

Spardo:

ramone:

No Britain never pulled the strings within the EU, try looking at the history of the EU

The formation of the EU began not long after WW2 had ended with various ideas and plans put forward, in 1946 Winston Churchill suggested a United States of Europe.
European countries began to see a way ahead for them to work together.
Starting with 6 nations, Italy, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg and West Germany the ECSC was formed and so began the centralised authority or Supranationalism that would govern Europe, the Schuman Declaration of 1950 was put in place which would see an end to war and enforce democracy among its members, The European Declaration or The Charter of the Community was finalised with the signing of the Treaty of Paris in 1951.
1958 and the birth of both the European Coal and Steel Community ( expired 2002 ) and European Atomic Energy Community ( still active ) through the signing of The Treaty Of Rome.
Prime minister Clemant Attlee stated in 1950 that the Labour government was not prepared to hand over this countries vital economic infrastructure to an undemocratic authority that is responsible to nobody, objection against joining the then named ECSC, was backed with concerns of possible disharmony between close trading allies the States and our former colonial territories.
In 1961 PM Macmillan sought membership of the EEC, though this was blocked in ‘61 and ‘67 by the French who claimed Britain was hostile to the European Project.
Britain finally got approval to join the EEC in 1973 after France dropped its objection, although Ted Heath signed the Treaty in 1971.
Britain was given its chance to voice its opinion in the form of a referendum in 1975, but this came as a result of division within Wilson’s cabinet as he faced criticism and objection, the public voted 67% in favour of remaining within the EEC, this decision to remain was backed by the new Tory leader Margaret Thatcher.
The Tories again became divided towards the EEC, and Thatcher became tedious of several European leaders, and was not in favour of the single currency, and on several occasions attacked the idea of too much power being centralised in Europe. In 1990 she objected to the French Presidents plans for increased integration.
This objection brought further unrest in the Tory camp and Pro Euro Micheal Heseltine challenged her leadership which she was forced from in Nov 1990.
Black Wednesday sept 1992 saw John Major pull the £ from the ERM, the system which would reduce exchange rates ahead of the single currency.
1993 was the start of the EU.
1997 brought us a Labour government and the Treacherous Tony Blair who cemented our future within the EU, conspired against the British public and secured his future within the EU elite, however Gordon Brown ruled Britain out of joining the single currency, this was achieved through a series of economic tests that were devised with Ed Balls in the back of a New York taxi.
2004 Rome and the resigning of the treaty, with an unconditional agreement among the leaders that referendums would be acceptable within a 2 year timescale, as the treaty was required to be assimilated into each nations laws.
Jack Straw announced our referendum would not be held until late 2006.
The referendum never appeared, within the limited timescale, Blair knew Britain held contempt towards the idea and holding a referendum would see the EU process come to a halt for all nations not just Britain.
Tony Blair removed laws from our system that would see him found guilty for acting against the people.
Everything from Blair’s first day in No.10 was corrupt, he was more than happy to walk away in 2007 as far as he was concerned he took away the rights of the common people for the good of the elite.

So you’re not over the moon with the EU either GD. Not much gets past me :wink:

It’s a complete farce mate, the politicians through the last 70 years have embedded us further and further into it, signing treaty’s etc.
Heseltine may have loaded the gun, but the one politician to have pulled the trigger was Blair, he single handedly bound us into it without giving us the choice the rest of Europe were given.
Once these Euro elections are over just watch Blair take leadership, once there we have no chance of leaving no matter who we vote for as all Pro EU leaders back Blair.

Grumpy Dad:
It’s a complete farce mate, the politicians through the last 70 years have embedded us further and further into it, signing treaty’s etc.
Heseltine may have loaded the gun, but the one politician to have pulled the trigger was Blair, he single handedly bound us into it without giving us the choice the rest of Europe were given.
Once these Euro elections are over just watch Blair take leadership, once there we have no chance of leaving no matter who we vote for as all Pro EU leaders back Blair.

Wasn’t Blair the one who put the Human Rights Law into place and his wife made millions from it whilst at the same time it caused misery for millions of law abiding people. And wasn’t Cheries dad a well known leftie Mr Booth “lazy scouse get” as Alf called him