Essential Cargo

They are ‘talking’ about opening Manston . Just talking not acting - 4 000 trucks and no toilets.

That’s for Dover, but it takes nothing to block up Newhaven and Portsmouth .

OwenMoney:
They are ‘talking’ about opening Manston . Just talking not acting - 4 000 trucks and no toilets.

That’s for Dover, but it takes nothing to block up Newhaven and Portsmouth .

4,000 trucks.?
That’s this afternoon’s arrivals taken care of.

Local farmers could have made a few bob by chucking down some scalpings and tarmac down , forget planning laws , it’s a national emergency, retrospective planning permission for now .
A few hosepipes for temporary showers ,Portakabins for a make do kitchen .Oh wait, it’s Kent, Nimbies don’t like those menacing thundering juggernaut drivers mounting the pavements and mowing down prams .

I’m sorry…

But everyone has missed the point here.

Until English wines are more competitively priced, I’ll be forced to buy Australian or, god forbid, Californian wines.

That’s the real cost of Brexit/Covid/Boris/Trump/Putin/Morecombe/Wise.

yourhavingalarf:
I’m sorry…

But everyone has missed the point here.

Until English wines are more competitively priced, I’ll be forced to buy Australian or, god forbid, Californian wines.

That’s the real cost of Brexit/Covid/Boris/Trump/Putin/Morecombe/Wise.

Don’t worry. Wine is one the primary food groups.
Spirits and beers are two other groups.
All count as essential supplies.
I think food may count too?

Franglais:

Can’t say…

I won’t miss mozarella with cherry toms on the vine as well as, Boursin, cheesecakes and a great many yoghurts, because I will.

If they’re not gonna come for a few months then hey ho. What’s more concerning is the lesser thought of products, plastics for packaging, chemicals for various processes etc, the gazillions of things that come by road from Europe.

yourhavingalarf:

Franglais:

Can’t say…

I won’t miss mozarella with cherry toms on the vine as well as, Boursin, cheesecakes and a great many yoghurts, because I will.

If they’re not gonna come for a few months then hey ho. What’s more concerning is the lesser thought of products, plastics for packaging, chemicals for various processes etc, the gazillions of things that come by road from Europe.

If plastic packaging is stopped, what will birds make nests from come springtime?

Franglais:

yourhavingalarf:

Franglais:

Can’t say…

If plastic packaging is stopped, what will birds make nests from come springtime?

They just need to believe a bit more and they’ll be alright.

And they best be domestic birds. If not then we don’t want them anyway.

I blame Carryfast and his A frame trailers .

Franglais:

Hopefully…

They’ll get creative and use the abundance of plastics hanging from trees the entire length of the A1.

Then again, if the Italians/Southern French continue to shoot every single bird that flies over, there won’t be any left anyway.

Carryfast:
EU Hypocrites.
bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51857462

Well that helped as now the USA are among the lowest infection rate countries in the…oh wait, of course it didn’t. Also back in March: There’s a brand new virus spreading in China, should we ban flights from China? No, that would be racist (WHO)

ETS:

Carryfast:
EU Hypocrites.
bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51857462

Well that helped as now the USA are among the lowest infection rate countries in the…oh wait, of course it didn’t. Also back in March: There’s a brand new virus spreading in China, should we ban flights from China? No, that would be racist (WHO)

Yep the laughable double standards going on was my point.

Locking down China last January would have helped.

Locking down the free world after it allowed it in and thereby having infected the whole bleedin place obviously won’t.

Bearing in mind that we would be in a relatively better position if WE had followed Trump and locked down the Continent and its back door poodle Ireland in April.

Tier 4 for the South East nothing can go out from UK but we must maintain an open door to inward travel from Macron’s Greater Algeria zb hole that’ll fix it.
It’s clearly a sanction over Brexit and as usual Bozo doesn’t have the bottle to retaliate.So nothing goes out fine no EU car products among others are allowed in.
Then the remainers are telling us there will be a shortage of domestic produced food because of Brexit.Yeah right how does that square.

Tarmaceater:
Good Morning Britain tv reporter was live in Dover port this morning, saying the delays could last for more two days and hauliers will have to sleep in their cabs for two days , really, they don’t know drivers live in them all year round then !
As lorries were seen entering the port entrance, he said they will be looking to park up at lorry parks , good luck with that one you ignorant journalist , Dover and Ashford truck stop will be no chance .
Oddly enough, he never mentioned the Kent transit tax and wheel clamping at unofficial sites .

Not just journalists, the Govt are totally ignorant and oblivious to stuff like overnight parking problems…or in Kent area parking impossibilites, operation stack or not.
And they can’t even get the terminology right ffs, there are no ‘‘hauliers’’ sleeping in their cabs, they own and operate the trucks,.and are safely tucked up in their beds at home, it’s 'DRIVERS ’ in their cabs.
Just something trivial that annoys me. :smiley:

Franglais:

biggriffin:
Get ready for more of this, and Bat-flu had nothing to do with it, it’s an excuse to punish us for Brexit…

Almost correct.
It is actually part of a plan to keep RobRoy out of the pub for a few weeks.
Tim Martin has threatened to blow the gaff on it, worried about his drop in profits, but Mrs Roy is laying down the law about this, and the whole world is obeying her…

Cheers mate,.I knew they were just out to get me, thanks for verifying it. :smiley:

5 MINUTES AGO18:28 From The Financial Times
Boris Johnson says supply disruption to UK is limited

UK prime minister Boris Johnson, speaking at a Downing St press conference, emphasised that delays were only occurring at Dover – and thus only affecting 20 per cent of the total supplies coming to and from the European continent.

“The vast majority of food, medicines and other supplies are coming and going as normal,” the prime minister said.

Traffic has been delayed by the French decision on Sunday to cut transport links with the UK.

Mr Johnson said the government had been preparing for a long time for “exactly this kind of event” along with partner organisations such as Kent council and Highways England.

The number of lorries kept waiting near Dover had already reduced from 500 to 170, he said. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: HaHaHaHa

Mr Johnson said he had spoken to President Macron of France to find a way for freight traffic to resume between the two countries.

“We understand each other’s positions and want to resolve these problems as quickly as possible, to allow freight to resume – and ensure lorries can travel in both directions in a Covid-secure way,” he said.

Boris has said on his news briefing today that drivers of accompanied freight where the driver is with the vehicle is not a threat to France , so are unaccompanied trailers, with no drivers, where the port authority will uses their own tug traction loading trailers on to the ferries or not ?
And why are European drivers trying to return to the continent still driving to the port entrance, only to be turned around at Dover , to go up the M20 and rejoin the long queue on the A2 heading back to Dover in a loop the loop fashion?
Manston airfield is only on limited parking and not fully functional according to the transport secretary Grant Shapps ?
Individual drivers are not a threat to the French , as they stay in their cab in the unloading and loading process with no human contact .

A very good point from Robroy on the ignorance of the Government, my bug bear is local councils that hate lorries, who will go out of their way to prevent better facilities for overnight drivers when building new warehouses .

Edit to previous post , trucks can enter the port to drop unaccompanied trailers.
And back to Robroys observations, I saw in the news a lorry in a fatal accident transpires to be a Mitsubishi van and all the time the thick media say lorry did this, did that and it was a Ford Transit towing a trailer.
I once saw Nick Knowles stood on a motorway bridge reporting about juggernauts doing 70 mph, Duh Duh !

BBC reporter at Dover on about accompanied lorries as containers when they are not containers as the thick media kept referring to trailers as a containers in the Essex Vietnam immigrant deaths.
Even though hundreds of taut liner trailers are going past the dumb ■■■ reporter who doesn’t know what a container looks like .

As mentioned…

On a thread here somewhere. News reporter exclaiming that ‘some drivers had to spend the night in their cabs!’ Oblivious to the fact that most of them may well have been out all week if not all month in some cases.

Why are reporters so ill informed?

Tarmaceater:
Individual drivers are not a threat to the French , as they stay in their cab in the unloading and loading process with no human contact .

France and Italy and Spain and their illegal immigration proplem are a far larger infection risk to us than we are to them.We should be closing our borders to entry ‘from’ the continent.