ERF 'clearing house' thread!

Rusty Iron truck show, Macksville NSW, September 2018. Not my picture.

A good looking ERF CU180/220 !!!

ERF-Continental:

I’m trying to get more info about it.
Note the mechanical arm on the door, mandatory in its day.

ERF-Continental:

Or 205!

What is the purpose of the mechanical arm on the door?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

newmercman:

ERF-Continental:

Or 205!

To give hand signals, pre blinker days. A right turn was indicated with the hand horizontal, vertical indicated slowing or turning left.
Although blinkers were optional, on some local cars, as early as 1958, they were not legally required or recognized as a legitimate method of indicating intent, until the early '60s.

Star down under.:

newmercman:

ERF-Continental:

Or 205!

To give hand signals, pre blinker days. A right turn was indicated with the hand horizontal, vertical indicated slowing or turning left.
Although blinkers were optional, on some local cars, as early as 1958, they were not legally required or recognized as a legitimate method of indicating intent, until the early '60s.

Cheers, I thought as much.

Sorry folks, I can’t get any info on the specs.

Portugal owned 6 or 7 African countries including Angola. Cape Verdi and Mozambique. This could explain the ERF with BMC cab

Wheel Nut:
Portugal owned 6 or 7 African countries including Angola. Cape Verdi and Mozambique. This could explain the ERF with BMC cab

Just re-read the discussion on this on page one: you make a very good point. It would certainly explain a Portuguese-spec ERF with RHD! Robert

Wheel Nut:

It certainly explains the Portuguese language in the brochure- good thinking sir!

I would guess ERF’s reputation in many African markets was stronger than that of BMC, so putting the ERF badge on the front made sense.

Star down under.:
Sorry folks, I can’t get any info on the specs.

I understand you don’t have the specific details on the chassis of the picture? The
specs out of the documentation are on hand within quite some TNUK-members.

ERF-NGC-European:

DEANB:
A few for you to sort out Robert !

The top one appears to be a 3 or 5MW-cabbed model whilst the lower one looks to have an LV cab. R

5MW according to the head-lamps

ERF-Continental:

ERF-NGC-European:

DEANB:
A few for you to sort out Robert !

The top one appears to be a 3 or 5MW-cabbed model whilst the lower one looks to have an LV cab. R

5MW according to the head-lamps

Thank you :sunglasses: ! Robert

ERFs.jpg
Nothing unusual about these 2 old ERFs parked in a yard in Gateshead apart from the jobs they do. They are being used to pull trailers that are part of a ladyboy tour over here

Could someone put them right for me please I don`t understand this new laptop

ramone:

ERFs.jpg
Why would they need two artics to drag around a few frocks?

Pun intended.

[zb]
anorak:

ramone:

Why would they need two artics to drag around a few frocks?

Pun intended.

I dunno but they need balls to do it… apparently the show is going down a treat in Newcastle i wonder if Lawrence has been … i best get my hard hat :smiley: :wink:

A well-blinged C-series with tilt! Robert

Wheel Nut:

Thinking a bit more about this, the Professionals imported to GB were simply badge-engineered into ERF EP6s, albeit with ■■■■■■■ power, IIRC. Almost certainly, the “Portuguese” BMCs with the ERF badges were the same.

Aside from the use of ERF’s name as a marketing lever to get the vehicles into those African markets, maybe those countries had a bit of bad history with Turkey? Does anyone know of any spats between Turkey and any African nations?

[zb]
anorak:

Wheel Nut:

Thinking a bit more about this, the Professionals imported to GB were simply badge-engineered into ERF EP6s, albeit with ■■■■■■■ power, IIRC. Almost certainly, the “Portuguese” BMCs with the ERF badges were the same.

Aside from the use of ERF’s name as a marketing lever to get the vehicles into those African markets, maybe those countries had a bit of bad history with Turkey? Does anyone know of any spats between Turkey and any African nations?

The BMC-cabbed ERF I started this thread with definitely bears a resemblance to the Turkish version. BMC-Turkey marketted the Fatih model with this cab and a ■■■■■■■ engine. Yavuz, another Turkish truck manufacturer, used the same cab for their lorries but with Volvo engines. BMC’s ‘Profesyonel’ was the successor, as you point out. It may just be that the Chinese were already getting into Africa by the time the new cab came out. Robert