Eddie's scrachbuilt lorrie's

:smiley: Brilliant, time and patience has been spent on the models.I hope Airfix or their equivalent companys are looking in! Even the roping and sheeting is A1. A grand set of photos, regards,900X20. :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

The Allison and Hunter Scania is super realistic just like the one that delivers my oil.Keep them coming .

There is some more still a lot to come yet.I am surprised at the amount of interest and am delighted to thank everybody for the kind comments.Eddie.

Excellent stuff Eddie - shows ten times more talent than just building a kit (tin hat firmly on :grimacing: )

You’ve GOT to get yourself to Gaydon in June, where the forum’s very own TruckerAsh hosts the UK’s premier truck model show - he’d love to have you along I can tell you for sure!

Another selection I sometimes wonder how many hours I have done at this hobby, occasionaly I think I will keep a note of the number of hours i spend on a model and this usually last’s maybe a week and I forget, so when somebody ask’s how long does it take to build one it’s how long is a piece of string.

jj72 Gaydon no I used to show at Rugby and enjoyed the atmosphere of the tent when it was held there but I had a bad go with stress five years ago and handed in the LGV and now I dont venture very far with the car.One thing about the hobby it is very relaxing.Eddie.

Thought I would put a few photos up of the cabs and bits and pieces under costruction. They are made from plasticard which I buy in large sheets it comes in various thickness from 10thou up to 80thou or 2mm it’s easy to cut A Stanley or craft knife depending on the thickness of the card.When starting a cab I draw a sketch of the side view I tend to work out the dimensions by scaling it from the wheel which in 1/24th is 42mm dia.once I am happy that it looks fairly like the real thing and the window depths and door size etc is okay then I would draw two copys onto the plasticard or if I am doing two cabs it would be four I would draw out and that is the only drawing I do from there I would work out the cab width allowing for wings etc and usually I make the back panel up then and once it and the sides are cleaned up glue the sides to the back panel. Then it is usually the front panel and depending on the make of vehicle there can be quite a depth of layers to accomadate curves, grill, etc and basicly just think and plan it out as I go along. The interior again a case trying to get it as realistic as possible I am finding it a lot harder to explain than to actually do it but there you are.

Unbelievable detail,you must have the patience of a saint.

Great to see your models on here Eddie fantastic work as always.Garry D

Hi Robert

I used to do the lettering by hand and the patience was well stretched and was’ny very saintly either now I tend to take the easy option and use transfers,but its all good fun. Eddie

Okay a few more tonight

Nice work i wish i had your talent ,love the marathon,

Some more tonight a mixture of old & new.Eddie

foden.jpg

Got asked to do this next one a few months ago and up untill then hadnt paid much attention to fire engines, It was to be a replica of the one we had in Sanquhar for a good few years and has only just been replaced by a Daf recently. So the next few pictures show whats involved in the build.

Eddie,do you do commisions.I would love a model of the ERF I used to own.You can see it on the Road Services Forth thread.I have loads of photos of it.

absoulutly fantastic builds eddie, im a modeller myself would only hope to reach your standard some day!

Thanks for that Pete. But having seen your models on TMW you are up there in the top band, I am thinking off the tankers and the Seddon Atki grill Great stuff I take it you are at home for the weekend, are you still going over the water?I like the idea of you taking the models with you and doing a bit when you are parked up I sometimes did that when I was on distance work I had an F10 and they had a handy locker/tray on top of the engine and it made a nice wee workspace it was a good job it was plastic as I knocked over the Liquid Poly and had to quickly brush it all over so the whole top came out nice and shiny and you could’nt really tell it had happened, All good fun eh. Eddie.

A few of the early ones as you will see they were a bit basic and things like the shape on some wasnt as good as it could have been but like anything else you hopefully get better as you go.

A Scammell Highwayman that ran out of Ayr is a motor I have wanted to model for a while but could never find a photo, Well I finally found some last year and here is the result. Eddie.

hi eddie,
thanks for the compliments mate, im starting to get into the scratch building now. the starto has had to have a flat roof buillt as the resin ones are too small a fit, hoping to get more work done on it this week its stashed above the top locker in my cab and the pull out table in the dafs come in handy to work on!.. :laughing:
im still over the water now and the although this week looks like im on quarry work oh the joys…lol
the highwayman is superb would love to have a crack at building one as my dad has fond memories of driving them
keep up the good work mate
pete