DVLA has screwed me over. What now?

steviespain:
Thanks S.E.C.
I´ve just found out who my M.P is…

Diane effin Abbott :open_mouth: :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: its gets better then worse then better then… lets see how this goes, best of luck!

Thanks Ghia. :slight_smile: and you´re right, up-down-better-worse. :cry:

Actually, the computer has said “no” so far, Wheel Nut, mebbe next week it´s gong to say “Umm, ok then” issue my licence, send me some flowers, and take me to Paris for a dirty weekend :smiley:

Ghiabox:

steviespain:
Thanks S.E.C.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: its gets better then worse then better then… lets see how this goes, best of luck!

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Hard luck Steve , my MP is Caroline Dinage Fed’s daughter so I’m ok

steviespain:

no1dieselman:
I suffered the loss of data when another government department changed from paper to computer records and lost some of my data. Despite having plenty of proof that could be argued beyond doubt that I was right, it too was not in the correct format. This was for outstanding fines for motoring offences in the early 80s. I could produce the bank statement showing the cheque and correct date for the exact amount of the fine, but I did not have the official receipt from the court so it was not accepted. After 4 hours in the cells I gave in and paid the fine again.

OUCH! There were a lot of bad things happen in that period mate, all to do with “The changeover”

I had a similar thing happen…
Back in the early 80s I was paying maintainance to me ex for my daughter. Being a smart arse I thought “If I get this put on a court order I won´t have to pay tax on it”
The difference between a friendly agreement and a court order is that one is legally enforceable.

I was working away from home at the time as a steel erector/rigger for G.E.C. E.S.L. refurbishing power stations. PAYE, and we´d get shifted around the country to different contracts as and when they finished/started somewhere else…

So, I come home one friday night after 3 weeks away, current contract had just ended, and I spent the weekend with me GF doing what you do. Mowing the effin grass etc.
Then woke up Monday morning to get ready for the short drive to the office to find out where my next contract was going to be

There was a letter on the pillow from my GF saying that it was over. She was off. WTF?
I reckon it wasn´t the 3 weeks away at a time, it was the 1 week I was at home that ■■■■■■ her off. She couldn´t spend my money as freely when I was there.

My first thought: BANK ACCOUNT!!! (Yes, she would) And she did, 10k gone, I found out 2 days later.
Ok, that had happened between 7 and 8 a.m.

08:00ish. Knock on the door. It´s plod. apparently I owe 280 odd quid in maintanence arrears. Eh? it´s on a direct debit!
Come with us sonny.
Cells, no kidding, straight to the cells.

Cells for 4 hours. Interviewed, then in the cells all day,
They invited me to stay with them overnight. I declined, they insisted, I stayed.

Work is expecting me to turn in and get info for new contract. If I don´t go in they assume I don´t want a new contract and get someone else. Made a phone call to work, eventually. Job is safe for now, depending on the outcome.

Was on the Tuesday lunchtime I was summoned to an office, straight from a N/O in the cells, where a financial type explained…
“We are transferring all our paper records onto computer and it seems that smile an error was made in the transfer. It´s totally understandable really when you consider the amount of work involved. Someone had misplaced a decimal point. You´ll be free to go as soon as we´ve corrected it” WTF■■? :open_mouth:

Maintenance was 32 a month, was coming up to months end, showing I owed 32.00. That´s normal, it gets paid by DD and we move forward.
Decimal point is moved, in error, and now I owe 320.00.
Take off my current payment of 32.00 and I am in arrears by 288.00.
Arrestable offence.

Paper to computer via human. Bad mix.

No apologies, nothing. Was advised NOT to sue them as I hadn´t lost any wages (In between contracts)
end of. [zb]!

If I was in your shoes I would definitely stack shelves for 2 to 3 weeks and retake the test again. Not ideal but probably the least stressful and quickest route

I hope you are using “Stacking shelves” as meaning “Driving a tonka toy 7.5t” ■■? :smiley:

Yep, MP first, newspaper second, take test again third, options.

Cool story - but complete and utter fiction of course.

blue estate:

Ghiabox:

steviespain:
Thanks S.E.C.

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Hard luck Steve , my MP is Caroline Dinage Fed’s daughter so I’m ok

I’m glad to hear that I’m not the only person that confuses real life with ■■■■ :smiling_imp:

Roymondo:
Cool story - but complete and utter fiction of course.

You judgement on the veracity of my story is absolutely the least of my problems, tbh mate,m and I promise not to give it any more thought than I already have. Which was about 30 seconds.

I wasn’t asking you to give it any thought - just pointing out it’s not true. OK - the bit about the GF doing a runner with the contents of your bank account may well be true, but the part where a warrant got issued (and executed) when you were alleged to be a month behind in your payments, and being interviewed for an “arrestable offence” as a result? Total fiction.

Roymondo:
I wasn’t asking you to give it any thought - just pointing out it’s not true. OK - the bit about the GF doing a runner with the contents of your bank account may well be true, but the part where a warrant got issued (and executed) when you were alleged to be a month behind in your payments, and being interviewed for an “arrestable offence” as a result? Total fiction.

I´m not sure what you want from me here.
Did all that happen? Yes, it did.

Do I care what you think? No, not really. Of course, what people think of me does matter to me, but for you to say, in essence, I´m lying, really doesn´t matter. So, have a good night and sleep well :slight_smile:

Reply from DVLA today…

Dear **********,

Thank you for your enquiry received on 4/8/2018.
Your case reference number is 00766837.

Thank you for providing your letter of evidence.

I have passed this on to the relevant department and they will be contacting you directly once they have completed their investigations.

We appreciate your patience while we deal with this matter.

Well, it wasn´t a straight away “no”.
Must be making em think about it properly now :slight_smile:

steviespain:
Reply from DVLA today…

Dear **********,

I have passed this on to the relevant department and they will be contacting you directly once they have completed their investigations.

But harsh though them calling you a ********* :laughing:

xichrisxi:

steviespain:
Reply from DVLA today…

Dear **********,

But harsh though them calling you a ********* :laughing:

BWAHAHAHA… took me a second, then it made me splutter my vodk…coffee, I meant coffee. :smiley:

wp-like-button.png

Dear Mr ****** ( stfu Chris :smiley:),

Thank you for your email. Ms Abbott is able to write to the DVLA on your behalf for any assistance they are able to provide to address your concerns raised. She is also able to forward your email with her correspondence to the DVLA, please let me know if you are happy for her to do this?

Kind regards,

Umay Zahra Hussain

Caseworker to The Rt Hon Diane Abbott MP

Shadow Home Secretary

Labour Member of Parliament for Hackney North and Stoke Newington

House of Commons

London | SW1A 0AA

Tel: 0207 219 4330

dianeabbott.org.uk

And you all thought I’d given up? :smiley:

Still not heard anything from Ms Abbotts office. Must be a bit busy, eh? :unamused:

Anyway…
Further to that last E I got from Abbotts office I replied that I would like them to go ahead and that I would further like to to ask Ms Abbot to pursue a complaint from me, to the Parliamentary Ombudsman, regarding DVLAs misuse/misinterpretation of of it’s powers.
Got a reply back saying I would have to go through the complaints procedure with DVLA first.
FFS!
Then I got a letter from DVLA…
This told me that, after
“extensive manual and computer searches against your driving record I am unable to find a full category C entitlement for you.
After carrying out my investigations, I have also searched against variations of your name, date of birth, and postcodes to try and locate a second driver record for you. Unfortunately, this has also proved to be unsuccessful.”

The the letter went on to tell me that I
“now need to re-apply for and pass a driving test (both theory and practical parts) before being able to apply to drive under full arrangements for the driving entitlement.”

No mention of the Army letter that I sent, the signed, stamped, official, Army doc saying that I passed my Class 2 in 76. … so I used that omission as the basis of my complaint against the DVLA.

Went through he DVLA complaints procedure, which I have to do if I want my MP to pursue my complaint against DVLA to the Parliamentary Ombudsman.

Got a letter from DVLA: Sorry for the poor quality, I have a poor quality phone :smiley: click and zoom

Ok, I was having a couple of pints with my big sis tonight, she’s also a lawyer. She normally keeps well away from all my shenanigans with the law but this one intrigued her. She asked to see the letters etc.
Turns out that DVLA might not be as invulnerable as it makes out to be.

She says that there is definitely a case there for the misuse of powers/interpretation of the law, by DVLA. Trouble is, I now have to research it meself because she always keeps an arms length away from my dealings with the law. Quite rightly too :slight_smile:
She said something about “Wednesbury”…bollox, gotta look it up.

Ok, to sum up…
They’re NOW saying that because I didn’t adopt the change of licences in 86 they revoked my entitlement.
My lawyer says that if I wasn’t informed of said requirement to adopt the change of licence in 86 then they have revoked my licence on very VERY shaky grounds. If I did not receive the notification that I was required to adopt a new licence then it is unjust to deny me the licence when i re-apply.

Next, I have to start thinking about planning a judicial review.

I haven’t given up. The main reason being that if I have to take the test again, I’d probably fail :smiley: