DSVA clamp down on company that continually overload vans

Muckaway:

Franglais:
True as that is, isnt there complicity on the part of those who do the loading? Gravel pits all have weighbridges dont they? And they sell the stuff by weight, shouldn`t they be required to see plating weight of vehicle they are loading?
Maybe the same should happen at builders merchants too? Maybe no weighbridge there, but packs of bricks, blocks, or pallets of cement are of known weights.

The quarries I used to load out of would ask the driver if they could legally carry the weight they were wanting to load. I know one builder who ran one of those Fusos plated at 5t mgw or thereabouts used to have fun persuading the ticket monkey that they could actually carry 2t legally.

Seems about right? The lightweight built 3.5t car transporters can have a real 1700 capacity & I had a 6 5t Mascott car transporter a pretty heavy steel bed on so not built for lightness & that when low on fuel had a 3.8t capacity.

Also a pal has a similar iveco enclosed car transporter to mine, now mine is built a bit heavy & is a 6.5t has circa 2.7t capacity, but his is on the lighter 5t chassis & his bed & cover is a bit lighter & I’m sure he’s near 2t capacity* I’ll ask in a bit & update

Apologies to those not on Faceache (perhaps some tech whizz could embed this?) if it fits it goes!

facebook.com/23028821532903 … 78?sfns=mo

And yet people on here still moan about vosa stopping commercial motors…