Driving to spain from the uk

If you choose the way from Bordeaux to Irun, after the border head to Sunbilla and Pamplona.
Then Teruel via Tudela shortcut to avoid Zaragoza via Almunia de Dona Godina, scenic, more relaxing, lots of pit stops.
Almazan to go through .
Speed trap devices in sa navs are banned in France .
If you see a hotel full of trucks, that means a cheap drivers menu .
Take cash for toll roads in case the bank cards are refused .
Spain has had cases of distraction robbery, a car overtaking flags you down to indicate a flat tyre or a fire .
When you stop to check, an accomplice steals valuable items from your car.

Where you going in Altea? Am just curious, in Benidorm myself for the next couple of months, Weather is lovely at the moment.

toby1234abc:
, an accomplice steals valuable items from your car.

Not if you give them “a clip round the ear” first .
Edited :unamused:

if in altea m8 just 20min drive north u be in javea beautifule place :smiley:

stevejones:

+1
Old man lived there for 20years, Xabia, Denia, Calpe, Moraira, all worth a look.

Dipper_Dave:

stevejones:

+1
Old man lived there for 20years, Xabia, Denia, Calpe, Moraira, all worth a look.

I agree. This is the view from my mates house. I go a few times a year.

Hmm Barbeque on the go, vino & cervezas flowing nicely, drunk swimming after. That’s just the kids. I’ve had some great times in virtually identical surroundings.

Indeed Dave, living the dream. Going again next month. We’ll just have to ensure that this time when the rib breaks down that we don’t abandon it in a rocky cove and walk into a police ambush the next day when they think they’ve busted a major drug smuggling ring! :smiley: