Driver attitude

I have not done an rdc for a long time. Do you still have to stand in the caged off area while you’re unloading or the bolted down prison chairs and tables. Instead of the 2 parties meeting over some common ground, it’s was very them and us at some Rdc.

robroy:
Tbf many driver’s attitudes would be better if the rdc.s supplied civilised waiting conditions for them, instead of minimal bog standard ■■■■ poor facilities.
I ain’t asking for a bar and a pool table, but ffs…some of em. :open_mouth: :unamused:

It’s the school chairs & hard benches that get me.

Drivers often start at silly o’clock in the morning and drive for long periods to meet these places booking times, it shouldn’t be unreasonable really to expect a comfy seat in a quiet room so you can get some rest.

Was in tesco goole the other week when the computers went down. Poor lass behind the counter was getting rather stressed as all the heart attacks in waiting were stood there berating her. Like it’s her fault ffs. I passed her my paperwork, told her to give me a shout when shes ready and sat down and earnt money whilst I read the paper. I mean, as a lorry driver, it’s not like I’ve never had to wait before is it?

shullbit:
Driver attitude■■? What about the goods in pointy shoes. I was 1 hour late for a tip in Speke, I backed onto bay went to book in and he refused the load because i was late, Now, the warhouse lads are very fast there and when i got back to lorry they had taken all ten pallets off, happy days i thought, so i go back to goods in and say they have already took them off mate…he says…i dont care, theyre going back on…NOW THATS A BAD ATTITUDE

So you should shrug and ask him his name, and to let you know when they are done. Then you phone your office and tell them whats going on and who it is playing silly buggers.

After that it is no longer your problem - mobile phones are great aint they…

rob22888:

robroy:
Tbf many driver’s attitudes would be better if the rdc.s supplied civilised waiting conditions for them, instead of minimal bog standard ■■■■ poor facilities.
I ain’t asking for a bar and a pool table, but ffs…some of em. :open_mouth: :unamused:

It’s the school chairs & hard benches that get me.

Drivers often start at silly o’clock in the morning and drive for long periods to meet these places booking times, it shouldn’t be unreasonable really to expect a comfy seat in a quiet room so you can get some rest.

Or hand your keys in, (put a suzie lock on or whatever other immobiliser they could provide to put their mind at rest) give them your number to bell you when tipped, and spend the time on the bunk.
That way you’re fully rested and refreshed to crack on,…instead of setting off wound up after listening to ■■■■ drivercrap for x no of hours, with a sore arse and back after sitting on their ■■■■ chairs, with bad guts after swilling numerous cups of their cheap crap coffee.
Driver attitude?..problem solved. :bulb:

Amazon have all that - wheel locks, suzi locks, chocks, stop signs, you name it and still want you in a drivers room.

We can’t be trusted unsupervised in the yard apparently, have to be in a “safe place” where they know where you are.

H&S management and graduates in the “procedure improvement” departments get pats on the back whilst drivers sit on god awful chairs next to the waft of a toilet for 3 hours watching Bargain Hunt. It’s alright though because the coffee machine provided is free. :unamused: