Driver arrested as part of Scots drug supply investigation

guy i vaguely knew told me that anyone who is a real problem locally can just be removed from the area overnight.No trial or anything Where they go he didnt say,at the time him and his missus were in the Met police force. Actually few months after he told me this in passing she died and few months later he took early retirement and last time i saw him he said iv seen too much and was moving north to “paint for a while”

alamcculloch:
We put a good deal of our money into modernising agriculture in Afghan. Nothing will make the money that poppies do ,so its a non starter.

You don’t imagine that the Afghan farmers are sporting Rolex and running around in pimped Range Rovers do you? Someone makes vast profits from the opium but it isn’t the farmers anymore than the farmers of cocoa leaves in Bolivia do. They get paid a pittance (relatively) for their crop so simply paying them more to produce a different crop plus providing them security from the baddies is a no brainer really.

Unless somebody in high places wants the heroin to carry on of course!

the maoster:

alamcculloch:
We put a good deal of our money into modernising agriculture in Afghan. Nothing will make the money that poppies do ,so its a non starter.

You don’t imagine that the Afghan farmers are sporting Rolex and running around in pimped Range Rovers do you? Someone makes vast profits from the opium but it isn’t the farmers anymore than the farmers of cocoa leaves in Bolivia do. They get paid a pittance (relatively) for their crop so simply paying them more to produce a different crop plus providing them security from the baddies is a no brainer really.

Unless somebody in high places wants the heroin to carry on of course!

Already been tried. We gave them the seeds for grain and all kinds of other foods and paid them lots of money for it, idea was they sell some and and can keep some to feed themselves. Nobody bought it so they were left with loads of grain etc nobody wanted, so Taliban came knocking again and the Poppy’s were re planted. They tried the same in Colombia too, all well and good coming up with the ideas but it needs to be sustained. Anyway we go buy lots of the opium from there for out codeine and morphine production. Obviously not enough to stop it going to the drug trade also though

corij:
guy i vaguely knew told me that anyone who is a real problem locally can just be removed from the area overnight.No trial or anything Where they go he didnt say,at the time him and his missus were in the Met police force. Actually few months after he told me this in passing she died and few months later he took early retirement and last time i saw him he said iv seen too much and was moving north to “paint for a while”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
he wouldnt be working as a limper on rdc work at present? :laughing: