Double Decker vs Single Decker

Toddy2:

Tucker9037:
You all envy a fully loaded car transporter carrying over £200k worth… mwahhaaaaaahaaaaa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh, £200k - we can get £4m + on here :unamused:

But that’s not a double decker pal [emoji23]

Seriously…am I the only one that has spotted this is UK Trump setting up another profile for more trolling ?
I think not.

harrawaffa:
Double or single makes no difference I’ll still take your elbow off on the way past.

Elbows/mirrors and any other protruding objects… :grimacing:

Toddy2:

Priest:
Give me a single decker any time. Hate pulling the curtains and strapping DDs

No curtains or straps to worry about on mine

Totally no disrespect to you as a driver but that trailer…is just nuts… :confused:

Flipping Double Deckers…the numpty loader put the pallets/cages in the swan neck and when its time to unload them you have to empty the ground deck then lower the top floor to match the height of the swan neck…

…then empty the new lowered floor…then get to the back and empty the swan…

Superior …really…give me a little urban any day!!

of forgot…then load everything back in :blush: :blush: :blush:

I laugh at the poor suckers pulling double deckers. Top heavy and having to avoid more routes due to bridge heights, well that’s those can understand the height of the trailer and bridge height signs that is. Sod that for a laugh, I’ll stick to standard trailers makes life much easier.

Theres absolutely no need for them either. With the right axle config/ chassis set up and wheel/tyre size/profile just as much cubic cap if not more can be carried. The fuel consumption of usually low power units pulling them must be pretty dire. DE/BE hauliers are experts at high cap 4m loads, its the UK that lags behind as usual… :unamused:

MAN make load specific chassis just for this purpose with the range of ‘Underfleur’ (UnderFloor) drive trains…

I had the pleasure of pulling a 16’3 single decker last week

was a total pig :smiley:

Hmmm, I think we’ve just unwittingly discovered why we don’t have rigid double deckers though, it’s impossible for a driver to feel inferior and superior at the same time and the unstable mixture of emotions could completely destabilise the whole UK haulage industry…

Tucker9037:
You all envy a fully loaded car transporter carrying over £200k worth… mwahhaaaaaahaaaaa

Pfffttt, that’s nothing, try pulling a fridge with millions worth of pharmaceuticals

Reef:
Hmmm, I think we’ve just unwittingly discovered why we don’t have rigid double deckers though, it’s impossible for a driver to feel inferior and superior at the same time and the unstable mixture of emotions could completely destabilise the whole UK haulage industry…

:wink:

Heisenberrg:
Seriously…am I the only one that has spotted this is UK Trump setting up another profile for more trolling ?
I think not.

Yeah not your normal first post is it !!

And to answer the trolls err sorry I mean ops question I pull both but prefer a single decker for various reasons I can’t be arsed to mention.

switchlogic:

Reef:

:wink:

Yeah I found a couple more too…

But we are forgetting the most common variation of the rigid DD…

A Londanistan cattle herder…

Those rigid dd’s never look safe to me .

Not in the least interested in replying to the OP, but will reply to the decent posters here who have given their views.

Doesn’t matter what you pull, it all has to be done, you adjust your driving techniques and delivery routes and times accordingly.
Makes the endless boredom of attending a steering wheel more interesting when you do something different to normal and have to think, depending how you’re paid the DD’s can be more lucrative due to longer tipping times.
I pulled car transporters for many years so anything from 14’ flat load to 16’ full load was normal (with added problems cos you have to avoid trees too) and i now drive tanks @ 13’ 9", the transporters were no more likely to go over because you drove accordingly taking care not to allow the tail to wag the dog, which was a more likely scenario with inherantly unstable modern designs.
The powder tanks whilst lower and very stable being semi trailers probably have a similar centre of gravity to a transporter fully loaded with 7 Range Rovers or 9 Jags.
Whatever you drive you treat with respect and take a pride in your work, that’s what lorry drivers do.

Only an idiot would assume themselves superior to another driver who is doing their job to the best of their ability, just because they drive a bigger lorry, it’s as childish as someone driving a flagship supertopspacelinewithevenmoreontop assuming they are superior to the bloke earning his wedge driving a rattling old fleet spec jobbie held together with gaffa tape and cable ties…who might well be 30% better paid anyway :bulb:

Tell yer one thing i don’t fancy mind, and that’s one of the new extended artics with the steering rear axle set right back, one good thing about artics is that (within reason) you don’t have to be overconcerned about rear swing :open_mouth:

I would like to point out that I am not the the O/P and I do NOT have any other accounts on here. This post was a blatant attempt in drawing me in and a weak attempt of a copy cat post. Failed on both counts!!

Juddian:
Not in the least interested in replying to the OP, but will reply to the decent posters here who have given their views.

Doesn’t matter what you pull, it all has to be done, you adjust your driving techniques and delivery routes and times accordingly.
Makes the endless boredom of attending a steering wheel more interesting when you do something different to normal and have to think, depending how you’re paid the DD’s can be more lucrative due to longer tipping times.
I pulled car transporters for many years so anything from 14’ flat load to 16’ full load was normal (with added problems cos you have to avoid trees too) and i now drive tanks @ 13’ 9", the transporters were no more likely to go over because you drove accordingly taking care not to allow the tail to wag the dog, which was a more likely scenario with inherantly unstable modern designs.
The powder tanks whilst lower and very stable being semi trailers probably have a similar centre of gravity to a transporter fully loaded with 7 Range Rovers or 9 Jags.
Whatever you drive you treat with respect and take a pride in your work, that’s what lorry drivers do.

Only an idiot would assume themselves superior to another driver who is doing their job to the best of their ability, just because they drive a bigger lorry, it’s as childish as someone driving a flagship supertopspacelinewithevenmoreontop assuming they are superior to the bloke earning his wedge driving a rattling old fleet spec jobbie held together with gaffa tape and cable ties…who might well be 30% better paid anyway :bulb:

Tell yer one thing i don’t fancy mind, and that’s one of the new extended artics with the steering rear axle set right back, one good thing about artics is that (within reason) you don’t have to be overconcerned about rear swing :open_mouth:

This ^^

UKtramp:
I would like to point out that I am not the the O/P and I do NOT have any other accounts on here. This post was a blatant attempt in drawing me in and a weak attempt of a copy cat post. Failed on both counts!!

No but your post are about as stupid .

Punchy Dan:

UKtramp:

No but your post are about as stupid .

That’s a fair comment, others may disagree. You may just be incredibly boring as a person, some may find my posts amusing and I do also post some decent ones too. All depends on the person reading them as to how you read them. we are all different and that is what makes a good forum. No offence to you but you may simply like to talk about gearboxes and I find that stupid too. As said, we are all different with different humor and interests.

Reef:

I’ve driven a double deck rigid. It was an old 56 Daf CF for Danwoods carrying old printers!